Customers From The North Pole To Cape Horn

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Talking about immigration and religion posed a challenge for me because I am very careful never to open the door for dueling Bible quotes. So anyone attempting to engage in a biblical affaire d’honneur be forewarned. I pass on such debates. My primary premise in this thread is about illegal immigration and open-borders advocated by Christians of the Roman Catholic variety:

The most prominent Christian, by far, to defend open borders has been Pope Francis. Last month, the pope said Donald Trump is “not Christian” if he talks constantly about building a border wall between the U.S. and Mexico.

XXXXX

Last July, Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York penned an opinion piece slamming Trump’s “anti-immigrant rhetoric” as “nativist.”​

NOTE: Cardinal Dolan tells the same lie of omission howling illegal aliens scream at every demonstration. I cannot speak for Donald Trump, but I know that most Americans are ANTI-ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION —— they are NOT anti-immigration.

Around the same time, Bishop Kevin Farrell of Dallas warned that “the ghost of Nativism again prowls our land.”

Additionally, Archbishop Jose Gomez of Los Angeles took exception to Trump’s comments on illegal immigrants, saying illegals are “human beings in search of a better life,” according to CNN. Gomez is a champion of “immigration reform.”​

Archbishop Gomez is not more truthful than Dolan but he is smarter. Gomez has a better sales pitch, but like every charity hustling parasite that ever lived he fails to tell us how many tax dollars it takes to give human beings a better life. Journalist/author Cheryl Chumley defined it quite nicely:

“These are people that are supposed to be grounded in biblical principles,” she said. “First and foremost it’s truth, right? They’re supposed to understand the concept of right and wrong and law versus lawbreakers, and yet they’re so quick and speedy to embrace the lawbreakers at the expense of those who are here legally that it just spins my head.”

XXXXX

“These same people that are pointing fingers at the rest of America criticizing us for wanting to uphold border controls – you don’t see them too often opening their homes and welcoming in these illegal immigrants into their own homes, sheltering them, providing for them, giving them food and so forth,” Chumley reasoned. “Nine times out of 10 their calls for aid come at the taxpayers; they want the taxpayers to do things that they themselves don’t want to do.”​

th
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Ma6e0f2d32b47a482c9e790f5117267d5o0&pid=Api&w=239&h=239

Next, let me remind readers that the R. C. Ch. consider Latin America its territory much like Prohibition era bootleggers owned territories in cities and states. The motive is the same: M-O-N-E-Y.

It follows that the R. C. Ch. has every incentive to encourage a population of Catholic lay people from south of the border to come to the United States. So it is not unrealistic for Rome to envision customers populating the North Pole all the way to Cape Horn.

Incidentally, every priest despises our First Amendment. So there is no reason to think that millions of Catholics coming here illegally come because they were taught to love a separation of church and state. Only fools believe that a priest respects everybody’s right to choose their own religion, or choose none at all. Religious do-gooders hate alien religious fanatics more than they hate atheists. Most of all they hate anyone who believes in God without paying dues to a church. That is why a healthy distrust of priests and politicians should be encouraged in small children.

Here is a question for Catholic priests: Why is the federal government giving hundreds of millions of tax dollars to Catholic organizations to help illegal aliens settle in regardless of the First Amendment? Not only do illegal aliens take the money they despise the American people who pay the taxes.

Indeed, the R. C. Ch. priesthood did not do much for lay Catholics in Central and South America as mass migration shows. Bringing Latino Catholics here will bring what they left behind. They do not come here because they love the culture that did the most good for the most people. The demands illegal aliens make on the welfare state prove my case.

And has anyone noticed that United Nations economic refugees represent another group that despise the First Amendment. That puts Muslims in direct conflict with Roman Catholics that can only end in violent confrontations against each other as well as Americans. The sad truth is that Catholic priests and Muslim clerics are spoiling for a fight.

Finally, Catholic priests spouting their garbage over the public airwaves is clear violation of the First Amendment. Print and soap boxes are a constitutionally protected venues for bullshit artists of every stripe. Using the public airwaves to preach illegal immigration, or anything a priest happens to be selling, has no such protection. In fact, I would eliminate a church’s tax exempt status whenever a priest moralizes politics from the pulpit.

Please read Bremmer’s complete article to understand why I posted this thread in the Immigration forum instead of Religion and Ethics.

Bible is on side of secure borders, says author of new book
Posted By Paul Bremmer On 03/13/2016 @ 5:23 pm

Bible is on side of secure borders, says author of new book

Forum List

Back