Will obama get the blame for this

Oh but NO credit for the real good news the OP tried to pretend doesnt exsit huh?

Over building was a mistake? Giving loans to people who couldn't afford them was a mistake. CRA was the cause of that. yet you blame the republicans and move on your marry little way as if it was true.
News flash both party's help to create this mess but by all means keep supporting the democrats and blaming the republicans and the mess will never get fixed.

NO ONE WHO IS NOT A PARTISAN HACK belives that crap.

Stop it, it jsut makes you look like a fool.

How I wish facts matterd to these clowns

The only facts are those you submit aren't they? Well hack guess what both party's caused this mess but you call others hacks for pointing that out. You always defend the democrats and accuse others for being partisan hacks. Now what you are doing is the definition of being partisan hack.
Just the facts please.

CRA did not causse this you partisn clown.

ONLY partisan hacks claim that

then you should not have praised the republican party when they created this mess in the housing industry.

Over building housing is a fucking mistake and your team did it to keep their economic numbers out of the toilet.

Over building was a mistake? Giving loans to people who couldn't afford them was a mistake. CRA was the cause of that. yet you blame the republicans and move on your marry little way as if it was true.
News flash both party's help to create this mess but by all means keep supporting the democrats and blaming the republicans and the mess will never get fixed.

There's no bigger fool or partisan hack on this board than YOU, and EVERYONE here knows it.

Please shut the fuck up.

I don't know if he should get the blame but the cover up seems to be helping him,

New-home purchases fall, 2011 worst ever for sales

About 302,000 new homes were sold last year. That's less than the 323,000 sold in 2010, making last year's sales the worst on records dating back to 1963. And it coincides with a report last week that said 2011 was the weakest year for single-family home construction on record.

New-home purchases fall, 2011 worst ever for sales - Yahoo! News

He's president, and as he's said himself, the buck stops with him. Yes he should get the blame. It is, after all, his destructive capitalism crushing regulations and virtual incomprehensible spending that's destroying our economy. That includes home sales.

I was in my OP trying to present a neutral stance but after reading some of the post from obama defenders it's making me less neutral.

The only facts are those you submit aren't they? Well hack guess what both party's caused this mess but you call others hacks for pointing that out. You always defend the democrats and accuse others for being partisan hacks. Now what you are doing is the definition of being partisan hack.
Just the facts please.

CRA did not causse this you partisn clown.

ONLY partisan hacks claim that

CRA had no determination on giving loans to people who could not afford them is that what you are claiming?

they will give no credit to obama for it.

Hes black so he only gets credit for negative things.

You can shove your racist bullshit right up you partisan ass.

Both parties caused the mess we are in and if you can't see that then your a bigger idiot that I think you are.

they will give no credit to obama for it.

Hes black so he only gets credit for negative things.

You can shove your racist bullshit right up you partisan ass.

Both parties caused the mess we are in and if you can't see that then your a bigger idiot that I think you are.

She's a partisan political hack that likes to call others that because you don't support obama good or bad.

Your the partisan hack who claims everything BAD is Obamas fault and EVERYTHING good is a lie.

Tell us why black people dont vote for your racist party?

No economist would claim what you are claiming and retain his or her good name in the field.

You are a partisn hack if you claim CRA caused this mess.

Your the partisan hack who claims everything BAD is Obamas fault and EVERYTHING good is a lie.

Tell us why black people dont vote for your racist party?

Show me some good in the economy that obama has had a direct effect on?

Is it partisan to blame both party's for the mess we are in? Care to explain that?

Depends entirely on who you ask. Republican partisans will blame President Obama. Democrat partisans will blame President Bush.

Myself. Mostly, I blame all the forclosures on the market.

Depends entirely on who you ask. Republican partisans will blame President Obama. Democrat partisans will blame President Bush.

Yes those foreclosures are to blame. but it's crazy for the banks to loan money to people they knew could not pay it back. I wonder why they would do this?

Yes those foreclosures are to blame. but it's crazy for the banks to loan money to people they knew could not pay it back. I wonder why they would do this?

Glass-Steagall, officially known as the Banking Act of 1933, mandated the separation of banks according to the types of business they conducted. Investment banks, whose securities related activities resulted in relatively large risks, were to be separate from commercial banks, whose depositors needed greater protection. The Act created deposit insurance and the government wasn't about to allow taxpayer-backed insurance of commercial bank deposits to be exposed to securities related risks. It was a prudent and sensible separation. Bankers tried for years to undermine and overturn Glass-Steagall, but it took time.

The explosion in subprime loans after 2000 were made by unregulated mortgage companies, and the vast majority of them were issued to higher income borrowers, not low- to moderate-income borrowers. - The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 (GLBA) dismantled Depression-era law that had prohibited bank holding companies from owning other financial companies such as investment, commercial banking, and insurance companies. GLBA ignited a wave of mergers and hampered government regulators charged with preventing conflicts of interest and risky financial behavior.

Private lenders—not the government-backed Fannie and Freddie—issued the vast majority of subprime loans, and to low- and moderate-income borrowers in particular. Fannie and Freddie did not guarantee and securitize large quantities of subprime loans.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article8210.html

How Did This Happen? » Myths and Facts about the Financial Crisis

I don't know if he should get the blame but the cover up seems to be helping him,

New-home purchases fall, 2011 worst ever for sales

About 302,000 new homes were sold last year. That's less than the 323,000 sold in 2010, making last year's sales the worst on records dating back to 1963. And it coincides with a report last week that said 2011 was the weakest year for single-family home construction on record.

New-home purchases fall, 2011 worst ever for sales - Yahoo! News

Home sales are up in San Diego Co. compared to last year. Not super spectacular, but going in the right direction.

Glass-Steagall, officially known as the Banking Act of 1933, mandated the separation of banks according to the types of business they conducted. Investment banks, whose securities related activities resulted in relatively large risks, were to be separate from commercial banks, whose depositors needed greater protection. The Act created deposit insurance and the government wasn't about to allow taxpayer-backed insurance of commercial bank deposits to be exposed to securities related risks. It was a prudent and sensible separation. Bankers tried for years to undermine and overturn Glass-Steagall, but it took time.

The explosion in subprime loans after 2000 were made by unregulated mortgage companies, and the vast majority of them were issued to higher income borrowers, not low- to moderate-income borrowers. - The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 (GLBA) dismantled Depression-era law that had prohibited bank holding companies from owning other financial companies such as investment, commercial banking, and insurance companies. GLBA ignited a wave of mergers and hampered government regulators charged with preventing conflicts of interest and risky financial behavior.

Private lenders—not the government-backed Fannie and Freddie—issued the vast majority of subprime loans, and to low- and moderate-income borrowers in particular. Fannie and Freddie did not guarantee and securitize large quantities of subprime loans.

Clinton threats of fining banks for not making loans to minorities, would that have had an effect on loans procedures?

Bottom line: The boy King and his policies has given us one of the longest downturns in U.S. history.

So, YES, we can blame him for this.

Clinton threats of fining banks for not making loans to minorities, would that have had an effect on loans procedures?

To be accurate, there was no provision in CRA to fine banks... however, there were provision that stated any allegations of redlining could hold up any business a bank had before regulators.

To be accurate, there was no provision in CRA to fine banks... however, there were provision that stated any allegations of redlining could hold up any business a bank had before regulators.

OK not a problem

Forum List

Back