Will more guns create a safer society?

There are plenty of accidents caused by plenty of things, like vehicles for example. We don't make it more difficult to obtain a vehicle though, and driving is not even a constitutional right!

Have you heard of drivers' licenses laws on using headlights, safety belts, emissions or mandatory car safety inspections?

Are cars in the US registered when bought or sold?

If guns had the same level of safety laws as cars, I expect everyone would be quite happy.

There are already plenty of laws with regards to guns too, AND you are ignoring that the fact that is a constitutional right. That makes ALL the difference.
The Constitution is a rag to libs, except the part where it says abortion is like, so cool.

Well, there is no constitutional right to abortion. I wonder how many unborn are killed by abortion as opposed to how many are killed by guns? Why is okay to these liberals to kill the unborn?

I just checked up on some stats and there were 1.06 MILLION abortions in 2011. If these liberals cared at all about "life" as they claim, that figure would disgust them! Instead they are here crying about the occasional school shooting or gang on gang violence!

Your paranoid gun fetish sites have zero credibility.
YOU have no credibility, period. Your posts are one giant fart after another and you get all fluffed up when people call you on it.

We are a shall issue state here so you get a permit to carry, no training required. Where are all the dead innocent bystanders? Your paranoia about negligent discharges are unfounded in reality. And it changes nothing anyway.

There are plenty of accidents caused by plenty of things, like vehicles for example. We don't make it more difficult to obtain a vehicle though, and driving is not even a constitutional right!
Have you heard of drivers' licenses laws on using headlights, safety belts, emissions or mandatory car safety inspections?

Are cars in the US registered when bought or sold?

If guns had the same level of safety laws as cars, I expect everyone would be quite happy.
Newsflash for ya. Lots of people fuck up with their autos regardless of their license and laws. That doesn't stop the states from issuing licenses for the privilege to drive. That would be even more true for a right. Leftist gun paranoia isn't working for anything except making lefties foam over about something they cannot change.

Another thing, the liberals are always claiming "police brutality" and "the police are racist." Oh really? So let's take guns away from HONEST law-abiding citizens, so that only the police have guns? Oh boy!!! That's a GREAT idea. Dumbasses.

Saigon...they do have those same levels of safety laws...probably even more....when there is a defective weapon, the company goes through a recall, just like for cars....they fix the problem and return the weapon...one of the weapons I have was a subject to a recall in an earlier model...and they recalled it before it was really even a problem....so this myth that guns are "unsafe" is silly...they operate exactly as designed or they are recalled....

Only a brain dead imbecile would think it proper to ban a tool that prevent 1.4 MILLION crimes every year in the hands of the lawful.

Actually, I re did the numbers adding in a few more totals from other studies...anyone can do it from that post on all the studies, but add in Dr. Kleck's 2.5 million and the NCVS total as well...

The average is now 1.6 million.

To my mind any sane gun-ownership legislation would include licensing of all owners and registration of all weapons, so that it is known who owns what in the event of a crime taking place.

This is really just silly...registering guns hasn't stopped one mass shooting,or stopped any crime, and it hasn't helped solve any crime....

Please Saigon...could you please explain how lscensing guns would work to solve a crime? or to prevent a mass shooting or street crime?

The defining statistic here is the total homicide rate. If Pezz and Geaux were right, we would see similiar homicide rates in countries with low levels of firearm ownership, because killers would simply find other weapons or buy them illegally.

Except that we do not see that trend - we see precisely the opposite.

US homicide rate: 4.7

UK homicide rate: 1.0

France homicide rate: 1.0

Germany homicide rate: 0.8

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In other words, restricting the number of firearms in the USA could well see the homicide rate fall 75% within 10 years.

And ALL of those rates are INCREASING. Strictest gun laws out there and violent crime of ALL types is increasing at a massive rate.

To my mind any sane gun-ownership legislation would include licensing of all owners and registration of all weapons, so that it is known who owns what in the event of a crime taking place.

This is really just silly...registering guns hasn't stopped one mass shooting,or stopped any crime, and it hasn't helped solve any crime....

Please Saigon...could you please explain how lscensing guns would work to solve a crime? or to prevent a mass shooting or street crime?

Just ignore saggy. He is not interested in facts or logic. He is a died in the wool progressive who's ultimate goal is the disarming of all good people so that his fantasy of a totalitarian government can take over and eliminate any who disagree with his fucked up view of the world.

Saigon....you are, again, wrong....ban guns and they will use bombs and fire...as they did in Norway and Australia....

2011 Norway attacks - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The 2011 Norway attacks were two sequential lone wolf terrorist attacks against the government, the civilian population, and a Workers' Youth League (AUF)-run summer camp in the Oslo region on 22 July 2011, claiming a total of 77 lives.

The first was a car bomb explosion in Oslo within Regjeringskvartalet, the executive government quarter of Norway, at 15:25:22 (CEST).[1] The bomb was made from a mixture of fertiliser and fuel oil[13][14] and placed in the back of a car.[15] The car was placed in front of the office block housing the office of Prime Minister Jens Stoltenbergand other government buildings.[16] The explosion killed eight people and injured at least 209 people, twelve of them seriously.[10][11][12]

Then you look at the shooting itself....he had a gun...all of the victims were legally disarmed....it took the police too long to get their...with their guns...and he was able to kill over 60 people...because only he had a gun....

Take the gun out of the equation...and he still killed 8 people and wounded 209...with a car bomb made from readily available materials....ditto in Australia where they have had arsonists kill large numbers of people....

The crazies will kill regardless of wether guns are avaiable or not....by banning guns....you simply ensure that the innocent victim can be easily attacked...either by a stronger attacker empty handed, or an attacker with a primitive weapon, a knife or club or gasoline.....or they will attack in groups of 2 or more...again....leaving the victim helpless....

But better these victims suffer quietly...than let the anti gunner have to deal with their irrational fear of guns.....

Because, if you read these posts....many of the anti gunners will say..."I have never been a victim of a crime...so there is no need for anyone, anywhere to have a gun."

Last edited:
I've said it before but I'll say it again.

The best way to deter gun crimes is to impose draconian and absolute punishment for any crime committed while in the possession of a firearm.

Life in a federal prison without the possibility of parole for any crime committed while in the possession of a gun.

I don't care if the gun is used or not any and all crimes while in possession of a firearm will get you life on the fucking rock pile.

The best way to deter gun crimes is to impose draconian and absolute punishment for any crime committed while in the possession of a firearm.

Life in a federal prison without the possibility of parole for any crime committed while in the possession of a gun.

I don't care if the gun is used or not any and all crimes while in possession of a firearm will get you life on the fucking rock pile.

Isn't that kind of what the "three strikes" law was all about? You know, I still think it should be taken on a case by case basis, which is why we have courts . . . to hear the cases. I never like the "one-size-fits-all" type of justice. Like zero tolerance policies in schools and what have you? Stupid, IMO.

Isn't that kind of what the "three strikes" law was all about? You know, I still think it should be taken on a case by case basis, which is why we have courts . . . to hear the cases. I never like the "one-size-fits-all" type of justice. Like zero tolerance policies in schools and what have you? Stupid, IMO.

I'm of the mind that a law broken is a law broken.
If anyone commits a crime they should be punished not coddled.

And the zero tolerance policies in schools have little in common with my suggestion since one would have to be convicted of the crime before punishment was meted out.

It's not like getting expelled for having an Advil in your pocket or a plastic butter knife in your lunch bag

And the zero tolerance policies in schools have little in common with my suggestion since one would have to be convicted of the crime before punishment was meted out.

It's not like getting expelled for having an Advil in your pocket or a plastic butter knife in your lunch bag

Well, I don't really have a problem with it per se. I just don't know what kind of unintended consequences there might be to such laws.

Well, I don't really have a problem with it per se. I just don't know what kind of unintended consequences there might be to such laws.

It doesn't matter what the law is when the justice department refuses to enforce it.

"Too many Americans go to too many prisons for far too long and for no truly good law enforcement reason," Holder said last year.

The initiative also involves promoting drug and veterans courts as well as diversion programs. In addition, Holder has instructed prosecutors to draft criminal charges for low-level drug offenders in ways that will not trigger mandatory minimum sentences mandated by Congress."

It doesn't matter what the punishment is when the Attorney General encourages law enforcement and prosecutors to ignore policies that properly address the crime committed.

If you circumvent Congressionally mandated minimum sentencing requirements by refusing to record the weight of drugs confiscated in a bust ... And then charge the criminal with minimum charges ... Then that is an abuse of power.

Forum List

Back