Will Hurd: The GOP's only Black member of the House is retiring -- About Will, the Black Man

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
Tejas
It's a sad day.

Not for the GOP. Fuck those assholes.

But, my fellow Aggie, Will Hurd is not seeking re-election.

Will Hurd, only black House Republican, is latest to not seek re-election
Gig'em, Will.

He needs to serve somewhere. Will's a smart, talented dude. But, that brings up the real topic which is partly race relations and partly politics, but I will keep it here.

The most glaring is, why would the GOP let this happen? What in the complete and utter fuck? They could screw up a wet dream. But, that's for the Politics board.

But, let's all assume (for the purposes of this thread) that there is an inherent system of white racism and white privilege. I am not necessarily accepting or asking anyone else to accept that as true, in general. Just for this thread, there exists system of white racism/privilege in America.

As a "conservative" black man, do you think that Will Herd developed ideas, beliefs, actions and behaviors that supported or colluded with that system of white racism and/or white privilege? (I put the word "conservative" in quotes because these labels have all been fuck up)

If so, do you believe his actions/beliefs/attitudes had negative consequences in the lives and communities of "people of color"

Do you think Will Hurd became a "conservative" because, throughout his life, he was rewarded for supporting white privilege and power, and punished or excluded when he did not?

(For that matter, do you think he was punished or excluded from the black community when he appeared to disagree that there is an insurmountable, racist system in place that allegedly keeps the black community from advancing and progressing?)

Do you think Will Hurd was trapped in an oppositional stance with those who identify as people pushing for measures to end the alleged system of white racism/privilege? (was he a sellout?)

It's a sad day.

Gig'em, Will.

He needs to serve somewhere. Will's a smart, talented dude. But, that brings up the real topic which is partly race relations and partly politics, but I will keep it here.

The most glaring is, why would the GOP let this happen? What in the complete and utter fuck? They could screw up a wet dream. But, that's for the Politics board.

But, let's all assume (for the purposes of this thread) that there is an inherent system of white racism and white privilege. I am not necessarily accepting or asking anyone else to accept that as true, in general. Just for this thread, there exists system of white racism/privilege in America.

As a "conservative" black man, do you think that Will Herd developed ideas, beliefs, actions and behaviors that supported or colluded with that system of white racism and/or white privilege? (I put the word "conservative" in quotes because these labels have all been fuck up)

If so, do you believe his actions/beliefs/attitudes had negative consequences in the lives and communities of "people of color"

Do you think Will Hurd became a "conservative" because, throughout his life, he was rewarded for supporting white privilege and power, and punished or excluded when he did not?

(For that matter, do you think he was punished or excluded from the black community when he appeared to disagree that there is an insurmountable, racist system in place that allegedly keeps the black community from advancing and progressing?)

Do you think Will Hurd was trapped in an oppositional stance with those who identify as people pushing for measures to end the alleged system of white racism/privilege? (was he a sellout?)
He made a choice-that's all. No big deal.

Just for this thread... there exists a country that is 75% white. The majority has been mis-labeled racist and privileged because they are the majority, not because they are racists or privileged, but because of the color of their skin.
The majority works to come up with the 400 billion necessary to take care of those who choose not to/or cannot work.
Stop biting the hand that feeds you...

Last edited:

Just for this thread... there exists a country that is 75% white. The majority has been mis-labeled racist and privileged because they are the majority, not because they are racists or privileged, but because of the color of their skin.
The majority works to come up with the 400 billion necessary to take care of those who choose not to/or cannot work.
Are you saying that minorities choose not to work?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It's a sad day.

Gig'em, Will.

Which choice?

To not run for Congress again or to go against those pushing a race narrative?

I am not asking about his decision to leave Congress. That's a politics board issue. This is about race relations and the like.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

That would be a decent response, if it were true that no black people (or other minorities) did any work -- if they were all jobless.

Seeing as how that statement is not only NOT true, but I would imagine, pretty fucking insulting, I must characterize this response as digestive excremental material of a male bovine.

:beer:

Are you saying that minorities choose not to work?
I feel like I need to apologize.

That's insulting as FUCK.

It's a sad day.

Gig'em, Will.

Will Hurd is the type of black republican that doesn't get the spotlight he deserves. I believe that's mainly because he is not a sellout like a Carson or Candice Owen. He is a black republican I respect even as I may not agree with his politics. In my view, if republicans were really serious about getting blacks to join the party, they uplift and promote more blacks like Hurd instead of always throwing a sellout in our faces then call us names because we reject the house ------ republicans send us from the plantation.

No. Your post shows why those like you are called racists..

It's a sad day.

Gig'em, Will.

Will Hurd is the type of black republican that doesn't get the spotlight he deserves. I believe that's mainly because he is not a sellout like a Carson or Candice Owen. He is a black republican I respect even as I may not agree with his politics. In my view, if republicans were really serious about getting blacks to join the party, they uplift and promote more blacks like Hurd instead of always throwing a sellout in our faces then call us names because we reject the house ------ republicans send us from the plantation.
awww.....DAMMIT!!!

This thread was intended to be, on the surface, a discussion about how Hurd (my Aggie brother) is an example of how black folks can have great libertarian leanings (or that you don't have to be a leftist/commie/red-army kiss ass) and still be credible to other black people in working toward equality. But under the surface, I was laying a trap for you to shoot down the theory of Internalized Racism.
:bang3:

You saw it didn't you. You stepped RIGHT over it. :laugh:

It's a sad day.

Gig'em, Will.

Which choice?

I am not asking about his decision to leave Congress. That's a politics board issue. This is about race relations and the like.

Its about both-he wants to retire and avoid the race war of Trump and the Democrats.No big deal

It's a sad day.

Gig'em, Will.

Which choice?

Its about both-he wants to retire and avoid the race war of Trump and the Democrats.No big deal

Trump is the only one trying to start a race war.

It's a sad day.

Gig'em, Will.

awww.....DAMMIT!!!

This thread was intended to be, on the surface, a discussion about how Hurd (my Aggie brother) is an example of how black folks can have great libertarian leanings (or that you don't have to be a leftist/commie/red-army kiss ass) and still be credible to other black people in working toward equality. But under the surface, I was laying a trap for you to shoot down the theory of Internalized Racism.

Actually I missed it. But we certainly can discuss the heralding, celebration and promotion of blacks with internalized racism by the republican party.

It's a sad day.

Gig'em, Will.

Which choice?

Nah, takes two to have a war-or didn't you know that?

It's a sad day.

Gig'em, Will.

Which choice?

It's a sad day.

Gig'em, Will.

awww.....DAMMIT!!!

Actually I missed it. But we certainly can discuss the heralding, celebration and promotion of blacks with internalized racism by the republican party.
You missed it?

Oh, good. Muwwwaaahahahahahaaa!
:laugh:

No, I think you may agree that there are some holes in theory, or at least how some describe it. It certainly illustrates my concern that it will be misused as a "whipping post" to keep all black folks who are concerned about being label a "sellout" from straying out of lockstep with the establishment overlords.

One does not have to give up his "blackness" and can still fight for the cause without losing the personal identity and political leanings he chooses.

Most importantly, Will Hurd is walking proof that black folks can be true "liberals" (which is really libertarians/real conservatives) and still be black.

I just know the people "running the show" are going to use the term "internalized racism" to start trying to horse-whip good black folks who are not doing as they are commanded, and that ruins my evil plan to persuade black folks to (1) go to A&M (2) convert to real liberalism, (3) not automatically dismiss anything and everything from Thomas Jefferson, (even though he was a flawed and internally conflicted man)(or the other founding farther, for that matter), and (4) rule the world (muaahahahaa).

(by the way, at some point, I would like to have a discussion on my theory that Thomas Jefferson was deliberately writing the Declaration of Independence to make way for the end of slavery. I think he had come to the point where he realized that the very evils he abhorred in tyranny and government oppression were happening at his own hand, under his own roof, and the DoI was his outlet, but another time)

Which choice?

if he was trying, he would have done it already.

It's a sad day.

Gig'em, Will.

awww.....DAMMIT!!!

You missed it?

Oh, good. Muwwwaaahahahahahaaa!
:laugh:

No, I think you may agree that there are some holes in theory, or at least how some describe it. It certainly illustrates my concern that it will be misused as a "whipping post" to keep all black folks who are concerned about being label a "sellout" from straying out of lockstep with the establishment overlords.

One does not have to give up his "blackness" and can still fight for the cause without losing the personal identity and political leanings he chooses.

Most importantly, Will Hurd is walking proof that black folks can be true "liberals" (which is really libertarians/real conservatives) and still be black.

I just know the people "running the show" are going to use the term "internalized racism" to start trying to horse-whip good black folks who are not doing as they are commanded, and that ruins my evil plan to persuade black folks to (1) go to A&M (2) convert to real liberalism, (3) not automatically dismiss anything and everything from Thomas Jefferson, (even though he was a flawed and internally conflicted man)(or the other founding farther, for that matter), and (4) rule the world (muaahahahaa).

(by the way, at some point, I would like to have a discussion on my theory that Thomas Jefferson was deliberately writing the Declaration of Independence to make way for the end of slavery. I think he had come to the point where he realized that the very evils he abhorred in tyranny and government oppression were happening at his own hand, under his own roof, and the DoI was his outlet, but another time)

Actually the theory is rather sound. These guys are misguided and dumb. You are not suffering from internalized racism by rejecting white supremacy. They don't begin to understand what that implies. Just like the claim that anti racism is anti white. Now is that supposed to mean that for you to be pro white that you're racist. Are they claiming that the default position to be white is to be racist?

There are no establishment overlords for black people and the term sellout comes with a definite description. A sellout is a person that denigrates blacks in order to gain favor with whites or as defined by institutional racism "internalization of racial oppression by the racially subordinated."

In a study named “The Psychology of Racism”, Robin Nicole Johnson points out that internalized racism entails both "conscious and unconscious acceptance of a racial hierarchy in which whites are consistently ranked above People of Color." People who suffer from internalized racism believe negative stereotypes of their own race, will adopt white standards and thinking. Doing these things mentally lets them deny that racism exists.

Internalized racism reinforces racism. Internalized racism keeps racism alive. It creates the justification for racism. This acceptance of white supremacy as the norm leads to conclusions that racism is not an problem, or that it does not exist.

So just because a black is a republican does not automatically make them a sellout or means they suffer from internalized racism. Bootney, there are things you have come to believe about blacks thay you must stop. Now let me show you a couple of examples of sellouts and internalized racism from blacks.

I'll start with one of the most famous cases of internalized racism in black American history.

“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. ... Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well.”

Booker T. Washington

This was spoken during Jim Crow. What he said was crazy. This is a classic case of internalized racism as defined. He adopted the white belief that we should remain docile and quiet. That we must stay in our place. And that blacks were really happy in our position and the uppity ones were only trouble makers uninterested in ending the problem but only wanted to keep stirring up trouble to keep a job. Now considering what was going on all around him at that time, one has to think he was suffering from a disorder.

“I think one of the cruelest things a society can do is to take the best and the brightest young black Americans and basically say to them you simply cannot compete with the best and brightest of other races. We won’t allow you to do that. You can’t do it. You have to depend on our paternalism.”

Shelby Steele, Is White Guilt Destroying the Promise of Civil Rights?

When a black person makes a comment like this you have to ask if they are participating in the use of crack. Steele is a man who lived his first 19 years of life during Jim Crow. He went to a small college in Iowa. He opposes Affirmative Action today. I wonder did it ever cross his mind that maybe, just maybe and a little bit, that he was admitted into that school thanks to Affirmative Action? He is definetly adopting whutte claims and promoting a negative racial stereotypes of his own race.

Walter Williams is another favorite black to the white racist crowd. First off, when you are black and a guest host for Rush Limbaugh, you do not have much credibility to call yourself a representative speaker about issues in the black community. I am sure there are black conservatives and white racists who will declare how I refuse to accept anything from blacks outside of some mystical line we blacks are suppose to be towing upon command of liberal democrats. That is not what I am doing. Toe or line aside, there are some realities that blacks and other non-whites face that cannot be denied. Williams denial of reality is evident in 2 articles he posted at Townhall.com. one dated Jun 13, 2018, the second dated June 27, 2018 titled “Diversity and Inclusion Harm Pt. 1 and 2”.

“In conversations with most college officials, many CEOs, many politicians and race hustlers, it's not long before the magical words "diversity" and "inclusiveness" drop from their lips. Racial minorities are the intended targets of this sociological largesse, but women are included, as well. This obsession with diversity and inclusion is in the process of leading the nation to decline in a number of areas..”

Williams is a black man who is a professor at a private majority white univcrsity. Without a program of diversity and inclusion he would not have that job. Notice the pattern?

More later.

Which choice?

if he was trying, he would have done it already.

He would get impeached if he directly called for a race war.

Forum List

Back