Will Ginsburg Have To Recuse Herself On Travel Suspension

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
After all the negative comments RGB made during the election about Trump can she objectively hear this case?

In interviews with the Associated Press and the New York Times she remarked, “I can’t imagine what the country would be with Donald Trump as our president. For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be –I don’t even want to contemplate that.” Then she added that her husband would have declared, “Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand.”

Days later, in a CNN interview, she said of candidate Trump, “He is a faker. He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns?”

Gregg Jarrett: Justice Ginsburg must disqualify herself in the Trump travel ban case

Personally, I don't how she can be objective after such statements. Even an appearance of bias should disqualify a judge. This is much more than an appearance.

Discuss.

A liberal judge recuse themself, especially in a "political" case. Yea, that'll be the day.

upload_2017-6-6_0-33-46.jpeg

Do they just poke her when it's her turn to vote on something? There really should be a retirement age. What if she lives to 104? :ack-1:

After all the negative comments RGB made during the election about Trump can she objectively hear this case?

In interviews with the Associated Press and the New York Times she remarked, “I can’t imagine what the country would be with Donald Trump as our president. For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be –I don’t even want to contemplate that.” Then she added that her husband would have declared, “Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand.”

Days later, in a CNN interview, she said of candidate Trump, “He is a faker. He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns?”

Gregg Jarrett: Justice Ginsburg must disqualify herself in the Trump travel ban case

Personally, I don't how she can be objective after such statements. Even an appearance of bias should disqualify a judge. This is much more than an appearance.

Discuss.

So what are you saying? Trump cases should only go before Trump butt kissers?

Ginsberg would have to give a damn about the common law to recuse herself therefore she will not do so.

She opened her filthy liberal mouth and stuck her foot in it, she's toast, she has to recuse herself.

Ginsburg, "I can’t imagine what the country would be with Donald Trump as our president."
Ginsburg, "For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be –I don’t even want to contemplate that.”
Ginsburg, "He is a faker. He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns?

That last one goddamn she's a SCOTUS justice and doesn't know he's not legally required to do so??

Nope

So even with her comment about the court you think she good to go?

Yep, since it's just a bare handful of known loons talking about what you're saying

Any first year lawyer would challenge her hearing and voting on the case. I'm sure when she made the remarks she was sure Trump would never become president, so she felt comfortable breaking with the courts tradition of not talking politics. Now life as gotten in the way and she should do the right thing. The other justices should insure she does.

Nope

Yep, since it's just a bare handful of known loons talking about what you're saying

Any first year lawyer would challenge her hearing and voting on the case. I'm sure when she made the remarks she was sure Trump would never become president, so she felt comfortable breaking with the courts tradition of not talking politics. Now life as gotten in the way and she should do the right thing. The other justices should insure she does.

Yeah, sure :laugh:

Dream on dummies, Ginsberg would vote down this Travel ban EO no matter who issued it.

Nope

BINGO! She shot off her filthy liberal mouth convinced Trump would never win. Why? In an attempt to influence the election another SCOTUS screw up. She should resign in disgrace.

Discuss.

So what are you saying? Trump cases should only go before Trump butt kissers?

Nope, just ones that haven't expressed personal animosity toward him.

Dream on dummies, Ginsberg would vote down this Travel ban EO no matter who issued it.

Actually, I think she would vote to uphold it. Even she is smart enough to know the courts don't have the authority to second guess a president on national security matters. And all previous cases have upheld that presidential authority. I actually expect a unanimous decision in the presidents favor.

Last edited:

Actually, I think she would vote to uphold it. Even she is smart enough to know the courts don't have the authority to second guess a president on national security matters. And all previous cases have upheld that presidential authority. I actually expect a unanimous decision in the presidents favor.

...it's amazing you say such nonsense after multiple rejection of these executive orders by the courts.

There is a reason Trumps people tried to reframe the Travel ban as NOT Travel ban - they know it will otherwise be struck down...and idiot Trump just ensured that it will be.

...it's amazing you say such nonsense after multiple rejection of these executive orders by the courts.

There is a reason Trumps people tried to reframe the Travel ban as NOT Travel ban - they know it will otherwise be struck down...and idiot Trump just ensured that it will be.

Feel free to provide one SCOTUS example.

Forum List

Back