Will eliminating "don't ask-don't tell" improve the military?

Will eliminating DADT be a net positive or negative for the US military?

• It will be a non-event, just like in the public

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • It will be a net negative, since good men will leave the military.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • It will be a net positive

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • It won't matter, since most gays can't handle the military life-style anyway.

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
A team of cheerleaders would beat his ass
Look who's talking. A cheerleader would run circles around you intellectually.

Could be.....

you sure as hell can't

I've already proven it.
pwned-facekick.jpg

I wonder how many guys will get married to eachother just to collect BAH? Scam the system a little.

Most of you in this room I can guarantee served as a desk clerk at best making boot camp the toughest part of their career. A lot more to the topic than being homophobic and who can kick whos ass.

Also, the EO rep is going to have their hands full when gays are able to let their wrists limp in public. First, it's women scamming out of punishment by crying sexist or sexual harrassment. Now the gays will have their, get out of jail free card, as well. Lets not even get into the topic of every unit having to have their certain number to meet quota...

Here we are--worried about 9+ unemployment in this country--a soaring deficit--that the CBO states is not sustainable--a government take-over of health care--with another 15K IRS agents and 157 new government agencies--and we're looking at the light at the end of this tunnel that spells GREECE.

And we've got a thread over someone's concern that they may not be able to "disclose" to the military if their gay or straight, when no one really cares about what one does to another in the private bedroom with consenting adults.--LOL

And we wonder what's wrong with this country? UNBELIEVABLE.

Last edited:
I wonder how many guys will get married to eachother just to collect BAH? Scam the system a little.

Most of you in this room I can guarantee served as a desk clerk at best making boot camp the toughest part of their career. A lot more to the topic than being homophobic and who can kick whos ass.

Also, the EO rep is going to have their hands full when gays are able to let their wrists limp in public. First, it's women scamming out of punishment by crying sexist or sexual harrassment. Now the gays will have their, get out of jail free card, as well. Lets not even get into the topic of every unit having to have their certain number to meet quota...

I agree because absolutely no one is proposing any such quota so to discuss it would be a complete waste of time.

Here we are--worried about 9+ unemployment in this country--a soaring deficit--that the CBO states is not sustainable--a government take-over of health care--with another 15K IRS agents and 157 new government agencies--and we're looking at the light at the end of this tunnel that spells GREECE.

And we've got a thread over someone's concern that they may not be able to "disclose" to the military if their gay or straight, when no one really cares about what one does to another in the private bedroom with consenting adults.--LOL

And we wonder what's wrong with this country? UNBELIEVABLE.

Well if no one cares about people's sexuality then there truly is no reason to keep DADT.

And "there's more important stuff to worry about" is a red herring. It's something that needs to be done. The world will not explode if we take a few days to repeal the thing.

If dudes who signed up for War are too puss to deal with something like this then they should rethink being ready for War. Some things in life are really.......really..............................really small. Having perspective is as easy as going "oh!"

You're dealing with 18 and 19 year old kids. They aren't noted for maturity in judgment.

So they're too immature to realize the Virtue in serving then, you say? Because to me, if we're to regard Serving in the Military as the Noble, selfless act that I feel we actually should...........................then it becomes a little watered down when you let your anti-Gay sensibilities over-rule your sense of Duty to Country. How strong was that sense to begin with, if this is what bothers you away from service?

What in the hell are you talking about? There is no honor in being homosexual.

Homosexuals are allowed to serve in the Military as long as their sexuality does not come into question... So the idea that all they want to do is serve their country, is no longer the issue, because their movement demands that their sexuality is what defines them. Or do you disagree that the issue is now being twisted into they can’t serve being who they are?

The US Military is not a bath house, it's not a social club where boys learn to express their repressed sexuality with other boys. To try and turn it into that is destructive. It’s destructive to the Service and to the nation it serves. But that is what the Homosexual movement is trying to turn it into and that is what the ideological left has been trying to do to the military for decades.

But that's the nature of cultural subversion. The problem comes when people are so gullible that they actually start believing it, when there's no reason to do so, beyond the desire to be accepted or not seem mean. They start being who they are not, pretending to be something else. Or maybe they simply lack the character to know better.

No matter how you cut it, it’s bad for freedom, so it’s bad for America.

I wonder how many guys will get married to each other just to collect BAH? Scam the system a little.

Most of you in this room I can guarantee served as a desk clerk at best making boot camp the toughest part of their career. A lot more to the topic than being homophobic and who can kick who’s ass.

Also, the EO rep is going to have their hands full when gays are able to let their wrists limp in public. First, it's women scamming out of punishment by crying sexist or sexual harassment. Now the gays will have their, get out of jail free card, as well. Lets not even get into the topic of every unit having to have their certain number to meet quota...

I agree because absolutely no one is proposing any such quota so to discuss it would be a complete waste of time.

So we have your personal assurance that because no one is presently calling for quotas, that there will be no quotas for homosexuals, after homosexuals begin to complain about being discriminated against by this or that or unit, because open homosexuals have disrupted unit cohesion, negatively effecting readiness.

Now just to be sure, I’d like to know what authority you possess which makes this assurance worthy of consideration? Are you a highly placed bureaucrat who can bring their personal power to bear to quell the certainty of quotas? Are you a highly placed legislator with power well beyond you individual office?

I ask because the assurances that if homosexuals were just allowed to serve, they'd be content to not be recognized for their sexuality, are pretty much out the window and those were the last assurances we had on this issue. And the current consensus is that DADT was just a necessary program that was needed to progress the homosexual agenda, until they could serve in the US Military openly declaring their deviant sexuality.

The US Military is not a bath house, it's not a social club where boys learn to express their repressed sexuality with other boys. To try and turn it into that is destructive.

Except no one is advocating that. All they're asking for is that gays be treatedly equally. Right now straights don't have those same restrictions and the army has not turned into a bath house despite straights being the majority.

But that is what the Homosexual movement is trying to turn it into

No you idiot they're just trying to make it so that gays get to play by the same rules as straights.

and that is what the ideological left has been trying to do to the military for decades.\

How? And when you answer do keep in mind that DADT isn't even decades old.

But that's the nature of cultural subversion.

Yes it's all a big conspiracy. It can't possibly be because they think it's unfair

Are you on drugs?

Repealing DADT will give gay troops more freedom to express themselves. The same freedom straights all ready enjoy. So this can only be good for freedom.

I wonder how many guys will get married to each other just to collect BAH? Scam the system a little.

Most of you in this room I can guarantee served as a desk clerk at best making boot camp the toughest part of their career. A lot more to the topic than being homophobic and who can kick who’s ass.

Also, the EO rep is going to have their hands full when gays are able to let their wrists limp in public. First, it's women scamming out of punishment by crying sexist or sexual harassment. Now the gays will have their, get out of jail free card, as well. Lets not even get into the topic of every unit having to have their certain number to meet quota...

So we have your personal assurance that because no one is presently calling for quotas, that there will be no quotas for homosexuals,

Yes there won't be any quotas for homosexuals until someone calls for them at the very least.

after homosexuals begin to complain about being discriminated against by this or that or unit,

You're not a fucking psychic so stop pretending to be one, and stop tackling a straw man.

because open homosexuals have disrupted unit cohesion, negatively effecting readiness.

Prove it.

Now just to be sure, I’d like to know what authority you possess which makes this assurance worthy of consideration? Are you a highly placed bureaucrat who can bring their personal power to bear to quell the certainty of quotas? Are you a highly placed legislator with power well beyond you individual office?

I ask because the assurances that if homosexuals were just allowed to serve, they'd be content to not be recognized for their sexuality, are pretty much out the window and those were the last assurances we had on this issue. And the current consensus is that DADT was just a necessary program that was needed to progress the homosexual agenda, until they could serve in the US Military openly declaring their deviant sexuality.

Oh goody the slippery slope argument. Let me know when you've run out of fallacies and are willing to address arguments and laws people are actually proposing.

And why should ANYONE be content with discrimination and unequal treatment?

We had this same argument over integrating blacks into the military.

Are there race quotas for the army now? Well are there?

Yet another false comparison to civil rights. Newsflash: Homos come in all shapes sizes and colors and arent easily detectible just by looking at them.

You're dealing with 18 and 19 year old kids. They aren't noted for maturity in judgment.

So they're too immature to realize the Virtue in serving then, you say? Because to me, if we're to regard Serving in the Military as the Noble, selfless act that I feel we actually should...........................then it becomes a little watered down when you let your anti-Gay sensibilities over-rule your sense of Duty to Country. How strong was that sense to begin with, if this is what bothers you away from service?

What in the hell are you talking about? There is no honor in being homosexual.

No more and no less than in being heterosexual. It just is.

Homosexuals are allowed to serve in the Military as long as their sexuality does not come into question... So the idea that all they want to do is serve their country, is no longer the issue, because their movement demands that their sexuality is what defines them. Or do you disagree that the issue is now being twisted into they can’t serve being who they are?

Funny, how heterosexuals...sexuality is what defines them too.

The US Military is not a bath house, it's not a social club where boys learn to express their repressed sexuality with other boys. To try and turn it into that is destructive. It’s destructive to the Service and to the nation it serves. But that is what the Homosexual movement is trying to turn it into and that is what the ideological left has been trying to do to the military for decades.

It shouldn't be a wife-swapping club, a 'hire prostitutes as soon as we get in port' club, a 'groupies at every foreign station' club either. But I've seen that way too much. Ever heard of Olongopo?

But that's the nature of cultural subversion. The problem comes when people are so gullible that they actually start believing it, when there's no reason to do so, beyond the desire to be accepted or not seem mean. They start being who they are not, pretending to be something else. Or maybe they simply lack the character to know better.

Actually, that's the nature of hypocrisy...it's different if we heterosexuals can talk about sex, talk about conquests, talk about our loved ones....but if you homosexuals do the same thing, it's the end of the world as we know it.

Discrimination for no other reason that 'I don't understand it' IS bad for America.

Yet another false comparison to civil rights. Newsflash: Homos come in all shapes sizes and colors and arent easily detectible just by looking at them.

So? Are you saying that civil rights are ONLY for those who LOOK different?

Discrimination only applies to people who look different. This is the legal standard. Comparisons between homos and blacks are spurious.

Newsflash: Blacks were discriminated against by Military policies, Homosexuals are discriminated against by Military policies

Discrimination only applies to people who look different. This is the legal standard. Comparisons between homos and blacks are spurious.

Once again you are behind the times by about 20 years

Newsflash: Blacks were discriminated against by Military policies, Homosexuals are discriminated against by Military policies

There are homosexuals serving in the military today. There is no discrimination.

There are homosexuals serving in the military today. There is no discrimination.

Yes because that they're serving, means they're not discriminated against. Mmm-hmm.

Forum List

Back