Will Christie appoint a democrat

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Talk is cheap but now it's put up or shut up. (enough cliches? It seems that republican N.J. governor Chris Christie has done all he could to blow smoke up the president's ass and now it's show time. Will republican Christie appoint a democrat to replace democrat Frank Lautenburg who just died or will he do the right thing and appoint a republican to upset the delicate democrat party majority in the US senate?

Talk is cheap but now it's put up or shut up. (enough cliches? It seems that republican N.J. governor Chris Christie has done all he could to blow smoke up the president's ass and now it's show time. Will republican Christie appoint a democrat to replace democrat Frank Lautenburg who just died or will he do the right thing and appoint a republican to upset the delicate democrat party majority in the US senate?

Great mystery, for sure. His appointment will be very telling as he hurdles..lol...towards `16.

It's slightly possible that he might appoint Cory Booker just to avoid having to appoint someone who will just end up losing to Booker in November.

Booker and Christie are publicly friendly, and both have very high approval ratings.

If Christie appoints a democrat he might as well come out of the political closet like Linc Chaffe in R.I. and quit pretending. If he appoints a republican he cements his republican moderate following and even gets some Tea Party people aboard.

Whoever he picks is up for reelection in 2014 right?

Might not be a bad idea to appoint a fiscally conservative dem (if such a creature exist anymore). I'd prefer a Libertarian but dream on eh. Whoever he picks he will catch Hell witch will be fun to watch.

:eusa_whistle:

Might not be a bad idea to appoint a fiscally conservative dem (if such a creature exist anymore). I'd prefer a Libertarian but dream on eh. Whoever he picks he will catch Hell witch will be fun to watch.

Apparently there are a few different conflicting election laws - but from what I've heard, Christie can appoint someone to serve until this November, when an election will be held.

Then, in 2014 the seat comes up for election again, in it's normal rotation.

So whoever Christie appoints will be up in 2013, then again in 2014.

Apparently there are a few different conflicting election laws - but from what I've heard, Christie can appoint someone to serve until this November, when an election will be held.

So whoever Christie appoints will run in 2013, then again in 2014.

Makes sense. With the voters getting their say (twice) in relatively short time, this all seems much ado about not very much.

That being the case, I believe Christie would do himself a lot of good finding a well funded Republican with half a chance at winning in NJ and give that person a big head start.

The temporary appointment won't get Christie off the hook. It's an interesting conundrum that the mainstream (liberal) media seems to be ignoring so far. Maybe they figure if they don't put Christie on the spot he can get away with appointing a democrat.

Makes sense. With the voters getting their say (twice) in relatively short time, this all seems much ado about not very much.

That being the case, I believe Christie would do himself a lot of good finding a well funded Republican with half a chance at winning in NJ and give that person a big head start.

I would say that Newark Mayor Cory Booker is almost a lock for that seat.

He's already announced his intention to run for the seat, it's unclear whether he'll run this year, or wait until next year like he originally planned.

A fiscally conservative Democrat or another moderate Republican would be his best choices at this point. Either way he will receive criticism. Such is politics.

He's already announced his intention to run for the seat, it's unclear whether he'll run this year, or wait until next year like he originally planned.

Ever drive through Newark? Democrat mayors don't give a crap about the cities they represent just like democrat senators don't give a crap about the Constitution they represent. Maybe the liberal media is giving Christie some breathing room to appoint a democrat. If he does he might as well run next time as a democrat.

The temporary appointment won't get Christie off the hook. It's an interesting conundrum that the mainstream (liberal) media seems to be ignoring so far. Maybe they figure if they don't put Christie on the spot he can get away with appointing a democrat.

There is plenty of time for the press to report on this issue. Maybe after the funeral would be good and respectful. There is the human loss to consider. (just saying)

A fiscally conservative Democrat or another moderate Republican would be his best choices at this point. Either way he will receive criticism. Such is politics.

True. The state of the state has to be considered as well. It's NJ. Can't be swimming in great options from either party.

Ever drive through Newark? Democrat mayors don't give a crap about the cities they represent just like democrat senators don't give a crap about the Constitution they represent. Maybe the liberal media is giving Christie some breathing room to appoint a democrat. If he does he might as well run next time as a democrat.

Booker has a 70% approval rating in Newark. Murder rates have dropped dramatically during his time as Mayor.

He literally saved someone from a burning building.

Forum List

Back