Will America's bitter partisan divide continue??

The 2018 election campaigns may actually force some moderation. If GDP is cranking along at 3-4% growth and unemployment hits new lows what do you run on? Impeach Trump?

what do YOU run on, 'the end justifies the unconstitutional means' ??

or will it continue to be 'nothing to see here' ??

The 7 Myths of the GOP Tax Bill

Don't believe Dowd: Trump probably did obstruct justice

19 Times President Trump May Have Obstructed Justice

The week that had just ended was no more or less lurid than many others in the first year of Trump’s America, that bottomless tasting menu of national debasement.

On the Front Lines of the GOP's Civil War

The Hidden History of Trump’s First Trip to Moscow

How Trump walked into Putin’s web

Journalist Investigating Trump And Russia Says 'Full Picture Is One Of Collusion'

In an interview with The New York Times published Thursday, Trump insisted it has already "been proven that there [was] no collusion" between his associates and Russian operatives during the 2016 presidential campaign.

:rolleyes: 'hip hip hooray for our shameless liar-in-chief' ??

However, the status of Mueller's probe has remained elusive as so much of what his investigators are up to is done in secrecy and behind closed doors.

What special counsel has offered publicly signals long year ahead in Russia probe

Last edited:
Weeeeee! "The crazies have taken over both ends of the spectrum". Sounds serious.

Thing is, the crazies from one end get elected. You can name them.

Who are the crazies who have taken over the left? Obama? Clinton? Biden? Warren? Sanders? Booker? Ellison? Perez? Pelosi?

Are they extreme? Who is the most extreme lefty holding major political office?

I can name the nuts on the right. It's easy.

protecting human rights and promoting the general welfare is EXTREME.

i read it on Breitbart.. this is SERIOUS business! squawk squawk

95OcSI4.gif

Breitbart's Astonishing Confession

Every so often, a right-wing commentator who purports to abhor dishonesty among media elites admits that they’ve been guilty of dishonestly purveying propaganda.

These figures are not marginal.

Breitbart's Astonishing Confession

I hope it continues.

Gridlock is good. The less the government can do the more money we save

When Joe Scarborough, a former Republican lawmaker and host of Morning Joe on MSNBC was running for election in the 90's he would knock on doors, soliciting votes. Joe told the audience last week that he "only had to knock on 4 doors to, to find out that you're either from the party of Jane Fonda or you're from the party of John Wayne" Such is the state of America's bitter partisan divide. So, in the coming months and years, will this bitter partisan divide continue as it is today, become deeper, or begin to moderate?
I don't see how it can moderate, and I only see it getting worse. The crazies have taken over both ends of the spectrum, and they have most of the energy, i.e., influence.

Until and unless the crazies are somehow culturally marginalized, this just gets worse.

The only way this train can be derailed is if some kind of "Me Too" momentum is started nationally, and it will almost have to begin with some brave, well-known public figures.

Who are the "crazies on the left" that hold public office? The most left leaning member of Congress is likely Barbara Lee. Name three positions she holds that you would deem "crazy".

I'm fascinated by this straw man you've set up. YOU pick the random member of Congress that YOU designate, and then demand that other people accept and argue against her.

But okay. We can play. She voted against the use of force in response to 9/11., the only member of Congress to do so. She voted to throw out Ohio's electoral votes in the 2004 election, effectively trying to disenfranchise the entire state. And she is a vehement opponent of ANY restriction or regulation on abortion, no matter what.

Do keep in mind that, just because I'm generously allowing you to set the choice of Congresscritter doesn't mean you're going to get to set the definition of "crazy", so the fact that you think all that is wonderful isn't going to negate its craziness.

I picked the most liberal member of Congress.

Voting against the use of force is hardly crazy...and she did not try to get Ohio's votes thrown out. All she did was vote to sustain an objection in order to have a discussion.

Boxer delays presidential vote count with protest / Senator, colleague object to Ohio tally -- Electoral College confirmation held up

When you line up the likes of Barbara Lee to the likes of Louie Gohmert...You start to see that there are shades of crazy and the RW has the most. Of course the right wins the coo coo banana prize simply for electing Trump.

When the Dems nominate and elect Roseanne Barr for President, then they "sides" will be equivalent.

When Joe Scarborough, a former Republican lawmaker and host of Morning Joe on MSNBC was running for election in the 90's he would knock on doors, soliciting votes. Joe told the audience last week that he "only had to knock on 4 doors to, to find out that you're either from the party of Jane Fonda or you're from the party of John Wayne" Such is the state of America's bitter partisan divide. So, in the coming months and years, will this bitter partisan divide continue as it is today, become deeper, or begin to moderate?

When people vote and elect adults to positions of powers things will moderate. There are three words which aptly describe the current crop currently pulling the strings of government: Misfeasance, Nonfeasance and Malfeasance.

Each of which exist in degrees in all three branches of government, and have for centuries, usually most manifest during the election season. Once the vote is settled, the adults elected from both sides of the aisle will historically work together for the good of the country. Fewer and fewer adults are elected, and chaos has reigned since the dark days of Gingrich. - winning today is everything, as you can see in the words of the Trump, Ryan and McConnell.

I don't see how it can moderate, and I only see it getting worse. The crazies have taken over both ends of the spectrum, and they have most of the energy, i.e., influence.

Until and unless the crazies are somehow culturally marginalized, this just gets worse.

The only way this train can be derailed is if some kind of "Me Too" momentum is started nationally, and it will almost have to begin with some brave, well-known public figures.

Weeeeee! "The crazies have taken over both ends of the spectrum". Sounds serious.

Thing is, the crazies from one end get elected. You can name them.

Who are the crazies who have taken over the left? Obama? Clinton? Biden? Warren? Sanders? Booker? Ellison? Perez? Pelosi?

Are they extreme? Who is the most extreme lefty holding major political office?

I can name the nuts on the right. It's easy.

Like most things...I’m thinking your definition of “crazy” is distorted and all fucked up.
It’s crazy to be unconstitutional, it’s crazy to put illegal Mexicans before REAL Americans, it’s crazy to support men in dresses shitting next to little girls, it’s crazy to be offended by phrases, such as; “Americans First” and “Make America Great Again”, it’s crazy to think wealthy people OWE poor people and illegals free shit. I could go on and on but you’re probably getting the gist of of it all by now...huh?

“Will America's bitter partisan divide continue??”
Absolutely!
And thank God.
Nobody legitimate wants to dare see eye to eye with the filthy Left on ANYTHING...period.

Forum List

Back