Will 2016 GOP convention/Cleveland be a violent mess like Dems '68 convention?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
1968 Democratic National Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've heard this asked on talk radio a couple times. I wasn't around back then so I don't know how it all went. Apparently the 1968 Democrat convention came during similar times of racial turmoil and domestic unrest. It turned violent with several riots.

Will the GOP one in Cleveland be also? Not only is Trump very polarizing (I support Trump for the record) but it's in Cleveland which is central location to all the anti Trump protestors in big liberal shit holes from St Louis to Detroit to NY. Easy drive.

The atmosphere will be highly charged already. God forbid Trump wins the nomination but the GOP tries to take it away. Mix in the inevitable truth that tens of thousands of left wing agitators will show up. Clevelands riot teams better be ready.

I've heard this asked on talk radio a couple times. I wasn't around back then so I don't know how it all went. Apparently the 1968 Democrat convention came during similar times of racial turmoil and domestic unrest. It turned violent with several riots.

Will the GOP one in Cleveland be also? Not only is Trump very polarizing (I support Trump for the record) but it's in Cleveland which is central location to all the anti Trump protestors in big liberal shit holes from St Louis to Detroit to NY. Easy drive.

The atmosphere will be highly charged already. God forbid Trump wins the nomination but the GOP tries to take it away. Mix in the inevitable truth that tens of thousands of left wing agitators will show up. Clevelands riot teams better be ready.

Are they going to allow concealed carry on the floor?

Are they going to allow concealed carry on the floor?

Don't know. Interesting question. I'd imagine the Secret Service wouldn't allow it.

Doesn't matter where its held, if trump wins enough delegates and the GOP gives it to someone else there will be physical violence. The people most prone to physical violence in the GOP are the very ones that support trump.

Judging from the behavior Trump's Squadristi, it'll end up like Altamont. It'll be lucky if they don't set the Cuyahoga river on fire.

In the end I don't think it matters how the repub convention plays out, good or bad, because democrats will rally behind whoever gets the nod, and that person will be the next president.

I just don't think Trump or Cruz can rally moderate repubs & like minded repub leaning independents. Both are to far out of the mainstream.

The dimocrats ought to be more concerned with the Bernie backers at their convention who will be pissed about the rigged super delegate system tilted in Hillary's direction.

Anyone who thinks all Bernie backers will vote for her is a fool.

Meanwhile, dims in MA admit to 20,000 defections in this week's primary, which means, among other things, the number was much higher than just 20k.

Forum List

Back