Wild Side Ornithology Club

A shot from this year's Festival of the Cranes. These aren't cranes, obviously, but gives a general impression of what it is like in the Bosque del Apache Wildlife Preserve this time of year. Remember, this is right smack dab in the center of one of America's driest deserts. :)

14134_10152264238575165_2001699939_n.jpg

A shot from this year's Festival of the Cranes. These aren't cranes, obviously, but gives a general impression of what it is like in the Bosque del Apache Wildlife Preserve this time of year. Remember, this is right smack dab in the center of one of America's driest deserts. :)

14134_10152264238575165_2001699939_n.jpg
That's so totally awesome and looks like an experience, Foxfyre. Thanks for sharing it.

Wow, Spoonman. Thanks for gracing this thread with some truly beautiful shots of birds.

I'm enthralled with every one of them.

I love birds, some of them even love me too. that little wren i was holding fell out of it's nest before it could fly. I was working in the shed and i saw it come hopping over. there are a lot of cats in the neighborhood so i put him back in his nest until he was ready.

Wow, Spoonman. Thanks for gracing this thread with some truly beautiful shots of birds.

I love birds, some of them even love me too. that little wren i was holding fell out of it's nest before it could fly. I was working in the shed and i saw it come hopping over. there are a lot of cats in the neighborhood so i put him back in his nest until he was ready.
Wow, Spoonman. Birds are safer at your house. And it looks like they are treated to a feast, too.

What a happy world you have made for some of the finest creatures on this orb, spoonman. I'm so proud to know ya. :)

Wow, Spoonman. Birds are safer at your house. And it looks like they are treated to a feast, too.

What a happy world you have made for some of the finest creatures on this orb, spoonman. I'm so proud to know ya. :)

i picked it up from my father. he would stand out in the back yard with seed in his hand and the birds would land on him and eat. I started with a feeded outside my home office window. now i have lots of stations all throughout the yard. plus a ton of bird houses too. two years ago i had a wood pecker who showed up eveyday for suet. at first when it was out i would open the window to replace it. he would fly off into a tree about 20 feet away. after a few weeks whe nthe suet ran out he would hop on the window sill and peck on the window.

I should report that the photo of the golden tree reflected in the water I posted earlier was not Hombre's photo, though he submitted one very similar to that--I'm pretty sure it was the same tree--a few years ago, and they did use it in their promos for awhile. But after studying the photo I posted, I am now certain it was this year's winner of the Festival of the Cranes photo contest.

The third place winner was this one of a sunset during the festival, and I think it is incredible. But we can't take credit for it either. :)

3rdRobertDunn.jpg

i picked it up from my father. he would stand out in the back yard with seed in his hand and the birds would land on him and eat. I started with a feeded outside my home office window. now i have lots of stations all throughout the yard. plus a ton of bird houses too. two years ago i had a wood pecker who showed up eveyday for suet. at first when it was out i would open the window to replace it. he would fly off into a tree about 20 feet away. after a few weeks whe nthe suet ran out he would hop on the window sill and peck on the window.
You talk their talk, Spoonman. I'm not surprised why any of them wouldn't just love to hop up on your hand and dine so well, knowing you would look out for their best interests. Kudos.

I should report that the photo of the golden tree reflected in the water I posted earlier was not Hombre's photo, though he submitted one very similar to that--I'm pretty sure it was the same tree--a few years ago, and they did use it in their promos for awhile. But after studying the photo I posted, I am now certain it was this year's winner of the Festival of the Cranes photo contest.

The third place winner was this one of a sunset during the festival, and I think it is incredible. But we can't take credit for it either. :)

3rdRobertDunn.jpg
Foxfyre, you do New Mexico proud to share its beauty here. No wonder birds love it so. What a wonderful heritage NM owns in its natural wonders and bird paradise aspects.

Forum List

Back