Wil my son's passport renewal be delayed?

I think passports won't be affected by the shutdown..... may be somebody else can tell you more. :)

I used to send my passport through a D.C. company that process them in less than a week. Ditto for Visas etc. I forget the name, but it was quick even though you had to punk up some extra change.

I think passports won't be affected by the shutdown..... may be somebody else can tell you more. :)

The State Department says it will keep most passport agencies and consular operations open so long as it has the funds to do so, although some activities might be interrupted. (For instance, "if a passport agency is located in a government building affected by a lapse in appropriations, the facility may become unsupported.")

That is a change made after the 1995 shutdown. There were a lot of complaints about people not being able to get passports, etc.

Next time the GOP decides to throw a tantrum, the parks will probably stay open.

Bitches got to get their way.

It depends. Is your son a Young Republican or a Tea Party Member?

Oh well...isn't less government what the RW wants?

You are willfully misunderstanding.

Less government doesn't mean that the government shouldn't perform essential and appropriate services. Processing passports efficiently is a reasonable service.

Putting up Barrycades to keep people out of an open air park?

Not so much.

That is a change made after the 1995 shutdown. There were a lot of complaints about people not being able to get passports, etc.

Next time the GOP decides to throw a tantrum, the parks will probably stay open.

The longest fake government shutdown was the result of Democrats not getting federal funds to pay for abortions, it didn't close a single national park.

Less government doesn't mean that the government shouldn't perform essential and appropriate services. Processing passports efficiently is a reasonable service.

Not so much.

Who is to determine what is "essential and appropriate services"?

The longest fake government shutdown was the result of Democrats not getting federal funds to pay for abortions, it didn't close a single national park.

You are lying.....or were lied to and believed it.

You are a sad, sad Sarah Palin supporter.

Why not just go to the source?

Passports
In the event of a lapse in appropriations, the Department of State will continue passport and visa operations as well as provide critical services to U.S. citizens overseas.

Processing time for passport applications remain at four weeks or less for routine service and two weeks door-to-door for expedited service.

Not so much.

Who is to determine what is "essential and appropriate services"?

Wasteful spending only occurs in other Congressmen's districts. Ask your Representative.

Forum List

Back