Widow of Austin plane crash victim sues pilot's wife

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
The attorney that took this case should be disbarred. Ambulance chasing motherfuckers.

CNN) -- The widow of an Internal Revenue Service employee killed when a disgruntled taxpayer flew his plane into a seven-story building in Austin, Texas, last week is suing the pilot's wife, according to court documents.

Valerie Hunter, the wife of Vernon Hunter, is accusing Sheryl Stack, wife of Andrew Joseph "Joe" Stack III, of negligence, alleging she she knew or should have known that her husband was a threat to others and, thus, could have prevented the attack, according to the lawsuit filed Monday in Travis County District Court.

Widow of Austin plane crash victim sues pilot's wife - CNN.com

How is she liable for his actions? This is bullshit.

If she was negligent, then charge her criminally with negligence and endangerment.

How the hell is suing her justice?

☭proletarian☭;2041394 said:

If she was negligent, then charge her criminally with negligence and endangerment.

Attorneys do not practice justice. We practice law. The problem is that assholes like this are not in it for the or justice. They are in it for the cash. I would bet my savings account that this asshole solicited this case.

Horrible...

it's going to be dismissed but this guy really stuck it to his wife...

first he burned down her house

now she's getting sued.

i hope the dead guy rots.

It should be dismissed, but you how this works baby. The right judge, a fast track, and a good case brought by the plaintiff could it take to a jury. Stranger things have happened.

There's got to be a way to put an end to this kind of gross misuse of the legal system.

Horrible...

now she's getting sued.

It should be dismissed, but you how this works baby. The right judge, a fast track, and a good case brought by the plaintiff could it take to a jury. Stranger things have happened.

oh. I know. And getting it dismissed can take years because they probably won't toss it on summary judgment til discovery is done. And unless she finds someone good to take it pro bono it's going to cost her.

i wonder if she's in a position to file chapter 7 and just tell these people to stick it.

Last edited:

Attorneys do not practice justice. We practice law. The problem is that assholes like this are not in it for the or justice. They are in it for the cash. I would bet my savings account that this asshole solicited this case.

No bet.

But soliciting will get him disbarred?

Horrible...

now she's getting sued.

oh. I know. And unless she finds someone good to take it pro bono it's going to cost her.

i wonder if she's in a position to file chapter 7 and just tell these people to stick it.

She could be, but chapter 7 might take longer than the lawsuit. With her largest asset burnt to the ground, she is going to get screwed in bankruptcy court. This woman is in for a rough road.

Maybe you and I could go down and take her case together. :D

oh. I know. And unless she finds someone good to take it pro bono it's going to cost her.

She could be, but chapter 7 might take longer than the lawsuit. With her largest asset burnt to the ground, she is going to get screwed in bankruptcy court. This woman is in for a rough road.

we'd kick their butts. ;)

there really is a good foreseeabliity argument.

Last edited:

No bet.

But soliciting will get him disbarred?

Prolly not. Solicitation is unethical, but not exactly enough to get someone disbarred. Otherwise, you would never see all of those ambulance chaser commercials on TV.

we'd kick their butts. ;)

Damn right. Your smarts and my litigation skilz. Too bad neither one of us is licensed in Oklahoma.

and you know what, if she files chapter 7, she gets an automatic stay and holds them off til she's discharged.

:eusa_whistle:

It has to be before preliminary hearings though. That is why fast tracking is key here. If it were me defending, I would file everything, but the kitchen sink. I would smother the clerks office with paper and run to bankruptcy court.

The attorney that took this case should be disbarred. Ambulance chasing motherfuckers.

CNN) -- The widow of an Internal Revenue Service employee killed when a disgruntled taxpayer flew his plane into a seven-story building in Austin, Texas, last week is suing the pilot's wife, according to court documents.

Valerie Hunter, the wife of Vernon Hunter, is accusing Sheryl Stack, wife of Andrew Joseph "Joe" Stack III, of negligence, alleging she she knew or should have known that her husband was a threat to others and, thus, could have prevented the attack, according to the lawsuit filed Monday in Travis County District Court.

Widow of Austin plane crash victim sues pilot's wife - CNN.com

I guess I'm just having a REAL hard time understanding how this woman can hold the OTHER WIDOW responsible for what her husband did of his own volition.

I mean, IF (and that's a BIG IF), it can be proven that Mrs. Stack was aware of or in any way helped plan the kamikaze flight, then I suppose a case could be made for CRIMINAL charges, not a CIVIL SUIT for monetary relief/damages.

However, by all accounts, NO ONE who knew Mr. Stack was aware he was a threat to himself or anyone else. Apparently he hid his rage quite well. Especially from his wife and family.

Mrs. Stack has lost EVERYTHING. Her home (which he burned to the ground), her husband, his income, as well as his love, companionship and affection. Thus, I can't imagine that she knew of or helped plan this incident. There's NO gain for her....only loss. MASSIVE loss at that. She is homeless. She is widowed. She didn't do ANYTHING to hurt ANYONE, and now her life is being further destroyed.

That the victim's widow would maliciously pour whiskey and salt in the wounds of Mrs. Stack is just disgusting to me. This move on her part is SO very LOW CLASS and unworthy of her husband's memory.

That ANY attorney would take this case and pursue it with great vigor makes me sick.

I agree with the OP. The ambulance chasing mo-fo attorney should be DISBARRED for LIFE.

:eusa_eh:

and you know what, if she files chapter 7, she gets an automatic stay and holds them off til she's discharged.

:eusa_whistle:

It has to be before preliminary hearings though. That is why fast tracking is key here. If it were me defending, I would file everything, but the kitchen sink. I would smother the clerks office with paper and run to bankruptcy court.

that would be what i'd do, too. and i give great paper...

Forum List

Back