WI Teachers Union: Making You an Offer You Can't Refuse

Oddball it's ok to just not like unions, I don't either, in fact I hate the whole idea of public education but that's another thread for another day.

You need to use better reasoning though. Don't like unions for legit reasons, not where they choose to spend their money.
Fuck you.

I don't like protection rackets, no matter how you dress them up.

I especially detest having my tax dollars going into supporting such behavior.

Lol whoa nelly, you should've taken the stapler off your chair before you sat down.

I just said I don't like that I'm taxed to pay for teachers at all, so you're shouting childish tantrums at someone who agrees with you.

But to hate teachers because they practice capitalism is a little misguided, actually a lot misguided.

Like the other good doctor said, if they threatened to burn the shop down, if they broke windows, if they threatened the employees, than yes they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

If they threaten to take their business elsewhere (as every human being does at some point in their life) than no big whoop.

They are not practicing Capitalism.

They are practicing thuggery.

Oddball it's ok to just not like unions, I don't either, in fact I hate the whole idea of public education but that's another thread for another day.

You need to use better reasoning though. Don't like unions for legit reasons, not where they choose to spend their money.
Fuck you.

Lol whoa nelly, you should've taken the stapler off your chair before you sat down.

I just said I don't like that I'm taxed to pay for teachers at all, so you're shouting childish tantrums at someone who agrees with you.

But to hate teachers because they practice capitalism is a little misguided, actually a lot misguided.
Like the other good doctor said, if they threatened to burn the shop down, if they broke windows, if they threatened the employees, than yes they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

If they threaten to take their business elsewhere (as every human being does at some point in their life) than no big whoop.

That's just BS. union paid teachers aren't practicing capitalism. They have no competition. Competition is what fuels capitalism. Now give each community the right to choose union teachers or non union teachers and you got you some capitalism.

Fuck you.

That's just BS. union paid teachers aren't practicing capitalism. They have no competition. Competition is what fuels capitalism. Now give each community the right to choose union teachers or non union teachers and you got you some capitalism.

You DO know that teachers are not forced to join the union, right?

You DO know that teachers are not forced to join the union, right?

only in the right to work states.

Fuck you.

So you hate Capitalism, as you seem to hate the underlying mechanism that makes it go.
Coercion isn't capitalism.

I don't give a shit how you want to try and reframe this political protection racket.

Yes or no question: As a consumer do you have a right to decide where to spend your hard earned money?

If the answer is Yes, then congrats, you understand Capitalism. Also, you understand that what's happening here is part of Capitalism.

If the answer is No, go demand a better education.

Let us not forget that there may aso be a fear of retaliation against these businesses that choose NOT to put up the signs, beyond a boycott of the business...

Windows can "accidentially" shatter during the night... Tires can "mysteriously" go flat...

If that happens, then the law is violated and folks should be prosecuted. Is that happening?

I don't know if it's happening...

That's why I used words like "may" and "can"....

These are possible scenarios, maybe even probable, knowing the thuggary unions like to participate in...

These type of crimes often go unsoved...

Fuck you.

I don't give a flying fuck how you want to lamely reframe it either....Nor am I interested in your half-baked speculations as to whom I supposedly hate.

This whole thing is nothing more than a political protection racket, plain and simple.

normal_00422-NRA-Blue-Eagle-Emblem-poster-displayed-in-restaurant-window.jpg

Private funds vs Public funds, the unions are threatening taxpaying citizens with boycotts using the taxpers own money. It's wrong and it's thuggery.

you are a legit dumbass.

Says a legit dumbass...

Irony is a cruel mistress...

Let me get this right, BUSINESS can do whatever they choose to and spends American dollars anyplace they choose but if consumers do the same this is bad? Business supports any org that promotes business interest along with anything they can do that takes power away from citizens in the workforce.

So what your saying is Business can support anybody they wish to, while Unions should not have the right to support whom they represent. Sounds reasonable if your a republican and a business owner.

Fuck you.

Yes they have competition, every other potential consumer for the business they want support from.

You're last sentence was about unions in general, I agree, but that's not what the topic is about. It's about them threatening to take their business elsewhere, and I still haven't heard what's wrong with that.

Let us not forget that there may aso be a fear of retaliation against these businesses that choose NOT to put up the signs, beyond a boycott of the business...

Windows can "accidentially" shatter during the night... Tires can "mysteriously" go flat...

If that happens, then the law is violated and folks should be prosecuted. Is that happening?

These are possible scenarios, maybe even probable, knowing the thuggary unions like to participate in...

If it happens, then the police will investigate. If there's proof, people will face conviction. If found guilty, they will go to jail.

That's the system we have.

Until there's a conviction, these allegations are all pretty baseless. You could substitute "Southern Baptists" for "Teacher's unions" and be equally valid.

The point that seems to be missed, is I as a consumer have a right to decide how to spend my money. If I don't want to shop at your store because you have a cat, I have the right to not shop at your store because you have a cat. Rational reasons are not required on the part of the consumer when it comes to his decision on where to spend money.

Yeah right, and real Patriots always wear a flag pin and have a "Support the Troops" ribbon magnet on their car.:rolleyes:

If it happens, then the police will investigate. If there's proof, people will face conviction. If found guilty, they will go to jail.

Until there's a conviction, these allegations are all pretty baseless. You could substitute "Southern Baptists" for "Teacher's unions" and be equally valid.

The point that seems to be missed, is I as a consumer have a right to decide how to spend my money. If I don't want to shop at your store because you have a cat, I have the right to not shop at your store because you have a cat. Rational reasons are not required on the part of the consumer when it comes to his decision on where to spend money.

YOU are missing the point...

I'm not arguing about the right to boycott... I'm saying there could be an intimidation factor for fear of retribution...

Oddball painted it correctly as a shakedown... reread his posts...

you are a legit dumbass.

Says a legit dumbass...

Irony is a cruel mistress...

It would have had more sting if you hadn't just reused my insult for your own insult. Get your own shit fuckface.

Like i say, i hope someday you run into a real thug, I hope Willow runs into a real thug one day and you actually learn what i real thug is.

:lol:

Look up "irony", dumbass...

And I'm perfectly capable of handling myself in any situation involving a thug...

Ok, give us a quote showing violence will ensue if the sign doesn't get hung.

What you think will happen counts for nothing in a court of law. Oddball and others are missing the point that consumers can make demands is businesses that businesses can ignore or oblige. That's how Capitalism works.

Last edited:

YOU are missing the point...

I'm not arguing about the right to boycott... I'm saying there could be an intimidation factor for fear of retribution...

Oddball painted it correctly as a shakedown... reread his posts...

So in other words business owners should be afraid of a violent attack from school teachers because they threatened to not shop there?

Aye aye aye

Forum List

Back