WI Teachers Union: Making You an Offer You Can't Refuse

nice place you got here.

i'd hate to see anything happen to it.

:eusa_whistle:

Poor comparison. More like:

Nice place you got here.

I'd hate to see people decide not to shop here anymore because you don't support them.

I know...doesn't quite have the threat factor.
How do you account for those who stand their ground who will not wilt to threats?
In order for a boycott to work, the majority of people in a given market would have to be on the side of those issuing the boycott.
Boycotts rarely work and in many cases bring about backlash against the ones organizing said boycott.
Unions are weak and getting weaker. They can bluster all they wish. Their threats are mere mosquito bites.
If a union thug walked into my place and told me "I'd hate to see people decide not to shop here anymore because you don't support them."....My response would be, "go fuck yourself. I know all the people you know. And they like me far more than they like you."

Apparently the very people who say that unions no longer have the support of the People are afraid that unions still have the support of the People and such boycotts would work.

Odd to hold such contradictory thoughts at once.

This thread is hilarious.

Some of you guys are ginormous pussies.

I could kind of understand their fear of anyone with medium brown skin after 9/11, but being scared to death of teachers?

I hope that the posters on this thread don't have their posts read by a woman they're courting.

Well, we have seen this:

Teachers = thugs, criminals, terrorists, thieves, the Mob

If true, they could be kind of frightening.

I never ceases to amaze me how much some of you folks apparently hate educators who cost you tax dollars but how much you guys love the military who cost you far more.

Sup wid dat, anyway?

nice place you got here.

i'd hate to see anything happen to it.

:eusa_whistle:

Poor comparison. More like:

Nice place you got here.

I'd hate to see people decide not to shop here anymore because you don't support them.

I know...doesn't quite have the threat factor.
How do you account for those who stand their ground who will not wilt to threats?
In order for a boycott to work, the majority of people in a given market would have to be on the side of those issuing the boycott.
Boycotts rarely work and in many cases bring about backlash against the ones organizing said boycott.
Unions are weak and getting weaker. They can bluster all they wish. Their threats are mere mosquito bites.
If a union thug walked into my place and told me "I'd hate to see people decide not to shop here anymore because you don't support them."....My response would be, "go fuck yourself. I know all the people you know. And they like me far more than they like you."

Given the bolded statement above that's not quite true.

Boycotts don't require a "majority" of business customers to be effective. Business operate on a profit margin (Income - Costs = Pofit). Some costs are fixed (such as rent, insurance, etc...) and some are variable (personnel costs, inventory, etc...). The fact is that that profit margin is normally driven by volume sales which provides the desired profit margin. A decrease of 5%, 10%, 20% can have a large impact on overall profit, maybe even wiping it out. If sales are reduced and fixed costs remain unchanged, then profit goes down. Which is why conservative groups will frequently attempt to use the power of boycotts in influence the actions of a given organization.

Boycotts are not like votes. In a vote, you have to get 51% of the vote to matter. In a boycott, small shifts in purchasing dynamics can have a large impact on business.

Just say'n

>>>>

Last edited:
:lol::lol: I bet your ...er...'integrity' made you post that.

Yep, I have the integrity to acknowledge when you actually post something that isn't stupid.

Having seen what crack has done to some of my sailors while I was in the Navy, I'm getting some deja vu reading your posts. Just sayin' since you brought it up.

Deja vu to 10 minutes ago and your last rock?

For a nation that has long prided itself as being the champion of human rights throughout the world, why would a US government sign The Universal Declaration of Human Rights that it has no intention of keeping?

You have the right to join a union, you don't have the right to have a government job.

Government jobs and unions don't mix, in the same was that elementary schools and firearms don't mix. You have the constitutional right to carry a firearm - but not at an elementary school.

Last edited:
This thread is hilarious.

Some of you guys are ginormous pussies.

I could kind of understand their fear of anyone with medium brown skin after 9/11, but being scared to death of teachers?

I hope that the posters on this thread don't have their posts read by a woman they're courting.

Well, we have seen this:

Teachers = thugs, criminals, terrorists, thieves, the Mob

If true, they could be kind of frightening.

Yeah, who knew my parents were throwing me into a war scene everytime they let me get on the bus.

I never ceases to amaze me how much some of you folks apparently hate educators who cost you tax dollars but how much you guys love the military who cost you far more.

Sup wid dat, anyway?

apparently would be the key word. i don't hate/fear/loathe teachers, but i do object to anyone sending out a letter that basically says *do this or else* which is what has happened here. if it makes you feel better to think that i hold some animus towards teachers, go right ahead. it makes no odds to me.

Sup wid dat, anyway?

apparently would be the key word. i don't hate/fear/loathe teachers, but i do object to anyone sending out a letter that basically says *do this or else* which is what has happened here. if it makes you feel better to think that i hold some animus towards teachers, go right ahead. it makes no odds to me.

Do this or else what? The answer determines legality or illegality.

Do this or we wont shop there....Ohhhh scary thuggy stuff there.

Much ado about nothing.

Except...

The party news service will hype the shit out of it and harass businesses which fail to knuckle under.

And the specter of a Kristalnacht is always present when dealing with unions. The idea of businesses which fail to display a Swastika - er I mean, a SEUI placard being vandalized or torched is very real - there is a LONG and violent history of unions bombing businesses or vandalizing them.

A boycott is meaningless, no one cares. But the party news and the chance of violence does make this a bit worrisome.

but none of that has happened, so you can be afraid of scary scenarios but those scenarios are fantansy until it happens. Nothing to be scared of and real thugs dont ask for support.

but none of that has happened,

The boycott hasn't happened yet.

so you can be afraid of scary scenarios but those scenarios are fantansy until it happens.

As I've stated repeatedly, I have no issue with them boycotting. I support their right to shop wherever they choose for any reason they choose.

Further, the party press ain't what it once was. They destroyed Anita Bryant because they still had a virtual monopoly on information.

That is no longer the case. Fox and the internet broke the back of the old party media. The days of Edward Murrow dictating exactly what America would or would not be informed of, based on party desires, are gone. We no longer have a managed press.

but none of that has happened,

The boycott hasn't happened yet.

so you can be afraid of scary scenarios but those scenarios are fantansy until it happens.

As I've stated repeatedly, I have no issue with them boycotting. I support their right to shop wherever they choose for any reason they choose.

Further, the party press ain't what it once was. They destroyed Anita Bryant because they still had a virtual monopoly on information.

That is no longer the case. Fox and the internet broke the back of the old party media. The days of Edward Murrow dictating exactly what America would or would not be informed of, based on party desires, are gone. We no longer have a managed press.

OMIGOD!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sup wid dat, anyway?

it's not a question of legality. there are things that are wrong, whether or not they are legal. this is one of them. what the union is doing is morally repugnant to me and would be no matter who was doing it for whatever cause.

it's not a question of legality.

Oh, suddenly that's not the issue, eh? :eusa_eh:

there are things that are wrong, whether or not they are legal. this is one of them. what the union is doing is morally repugnant to me and would be no matter who was doing it for whatever cause.

So, what any group is doing in asking for boycotts is morally repugnant to you? Boycotts are morally repugnant to you?

Oh, suddenly that's not the issue, eh? :eusa_eh:

there are things that are wrong, whether or not they are legal. this is one of them. what the union is doing is morally repugnant to me and would be no matter who was doing it for whatever cause.

So, what any group is doing in asking for boycotts is morally repugnant to you? Boycotts are morally repugnant to you?

i'm sure you'll be able to link the post where i even mentioned legality.

no, bullying is morally repugnant to me. try to keep up.

Del only makes accusations he'll never say what it is he's really against. Heres a hint tho...It starts with U and ends with nion

Forum List

Back