Why your rates could go up?????

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
What the fuck is wrong with these people? Even when they are faced with irrefutable facts, they still spout the government propoganda? When will we have real reporters again? I may vote for a Republican in the next election just so the reporters have someone to blame for the mess Obama is making.

Is the Affordable Health Care Act making health care unaffordable for some people? Some customers of Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield, one of Oregon’s largest insurance providers, say that's exactly what's happening. They say they are finding their health care plans are dramatically changing under the Affordable Care Act.
“Policy holders are seeing almost double their monthly premiums,” said a KATU viewer named Larry in an email. He said his wife’s premium will increase by $300 under the Affordable Care Act.
Cover Oregon spokesman Michael Cox says most insurance plans that focus on lower premiums and higher deductibles will be replaced by plans with lower deductibles and higher benefits.
Why your health insurance premium could increase under the Affordable Care Act | KATU Investigators | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

That is a flat out lie. the plans offered on the exchanges are all different versions of low premium, high deductible plans that most people who buy their own insurance already have. Unless the new plans offer a deductible that is at least $3600 less than the old one the new plan is not affordable in comparison with the old one, especially when you factor in the nonsential benefits.

Nonsential is not a typo, it is the new word I just invented to describe the Obamacare non-essential benefits.

And no one is mentioning subsidies, etc? QWB, full disclosure, please.

If someone is already paying $600 for health insurance I am pretty sure they make more than enough to not get subsidies.

Besides, this is a liberal station in a progressive state, one which certainly knows about the subsidies, yet they didn't mention them. could that be because, unlike you, they thought of them, and realized they don't apply to everyone?

Forum List

Back