Why You Should Work Rather Than Observe MLK Day

I have to work tomorrow. Even though UPS might be closed, I have to package up a 1966 Wurlitzer portable electric piano for shipping. The thing weighs about 120 pounds packaged. Looks about like this one...

kz5rrfdr1e5dyk9f0ews.jpg

Gonna be easier to just pop the legs off, toss it in the car and drive it there.

I did it in a MINI Cooper. Made me spin a 180 on a ramp too. Fun times.

The legs unscrew and fit into the top cover, which isn't pictured. The thing is, I won't know where it's going to be shipped to until tomorrow morning.

No biggie, I've shipped larger and heavier things than this, even internationally. If there's one thing Martin Luther King taught me, it's that you can ship anything if you reinforce the corners with styrofoam, then wrap enough bubble wrap and heavy cardboard around it. :04:

Sure, but (a) it's expensive, and (b) you can't then say you delivered a piano in a MINI Cooper.

Those year and model of Wurltizer 140B pianos can bring up to $4500 in excellent condition. Mine needs a little work but with a low starting bid and no reserve, any buyer would be more than happy to pay $100 - $150 UPS shipping. Those are the same ones Ray Charles recorded “What’d I Say”? on, so they're highly prized by musicians and collectors.

Yeah I know. And it sounds like an electric piano.

Ray made that record, not the instrument. He did it in spite of the instrument.

I'm still sayin', you haven't lived until you've spun a MC around on a wet pavement right in front of a cop, and you get to say "the piano threw off my centre of gravity". Because who else can say that.

I can't say that, but I can say that I've had to help lug a full-sized Hammond B-3 with A Leslie speaker up two flights of stairs, in a band I was in once.

Not fun.

cba5383e96d06dd59ee9e2f88fa82b75.jpg

Gonna be easier to just pop the legs off, toss it in the car and drive it there.

The legs unscrew and fit into the top cover, which isn't pictured. The thing is, I won't know where it's going to be shipped to until tomorrow morning.

No biggie, I've shipped larger and heavier things than this, even internationally. If there's one thing Martin Luther King taught me, it's that you can ship anything if you reinforce the corners with styrofoam, then wrap enough bubble wrap and heavy cardboard around it. :04:

Sure, but (a) it's expensive, and (b) you can't then say you delivered a piano in a MINI Cooper.

Those year and model of Wurltizer 140B pianos can bring up to $4500 in excellent condition. Mine needs a little work but with a low starting bid and no reserve, any buyer would be more than happy to pay $100 - $150 UPS shipping. Those are the same ones Ray Charles recorded “What’d I Say”? on, so they're highly prized by musicians and collectors.

I'm still sayin', you haven't lived until you've spun a MC around on a wet pavement right in front of a cop, and you get to say "the piano threw off my centre of gravity". Because who else can say that.

I can't say that, but I can say that I've had to help lug a full-sized Hammond B-3 with A Leslie speaker up two flights of stairs, in a band I was in once.

Not fun.

OK I gotta respect that. :thup:

But as long as we're playing Can You Top This, I moved an old upright piano from a truck into this old farmhouse. By myself.

Not fun.

now yer really dating yourself Galt....

~S~

It’s only a week and change until the forum is flooded with whines about not having a White History Month. Time sure flys.

Not fun.

These are easier to schlep...

K48311000000000-00-290x290.jpg

Not fun.

Don't nuttin' do it like a Leslie though. Just like don't nuttin' sound like a piano except a piano.

Not fun.

Don't nuttin' do it like a Leslie though. Just like don't nuttin' sound like a piano except a piano.

Mindless psychobabble.

Holidays are way overrated. Very rare do I take a holiday off. I take time off when I want or need to, I don’t need anyone to mandate the days I take off. Silly.

It’s only a week and change until the forum is flooded with whines about not having a White History Month. Time sure flys.
Whites do not need a damned 'white history' month. That shit is for weak ass snowflakes and whining little Woketards.

After three tries at putting "Martin Luther King Boulevard" on a street sign and seeing it fall oiff due to its length they gave up and just posted "MLK BLVD". Local elementary school students call it "Milk Street". And someday they'll be designing airliners........

Forum List

Back