Why you hate unions?

If, as you say, only 8% of the workforce is unionized, then why all the hatred from the right?

For me its about the teachers who are teaching our children. When they have tenor they can not be fired no matter how much they suck.

Seems like you had either:

a. Shitty teachers.

or

b. You weren't paying attention in class.

Problem is, thanks to unions, you can not get rid of shitty teachers. And with the crap they want to teach it is hard to care about learning. They should go back to just teaching the fundamentals. Like proper english and how to talk. I am tired of hearing, ah, um, oh ya, between every sentence. or worse between every other word.
Just listen to talk radio and the people calling in. Or our elected officials, including the Harvard grad we have as president.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Why do people hate unions? Will corporations do right by the workers if not mandated to? I am still looking online and see no benefit to workers not being union.

I'm not union and I make a hell of a better living than the two or three people I know who are union... not to mention I don't have to pay dues and attend pep rallies for the Democrat party.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with private unions, I think every employee should have the right to belong to a union, but they also should have the right to refuse to belong too. I think it should be the union's responsibility to ensure the pension plans are adequately funded, and the company should be responsibile for contributing their share according to the labor agreement. If the company goes bust, the pension plan should not fail with it.

I do not believe the state, city, or county should in any way be involved with collecting dues for any union, and I do not think public unions should have the right to bargain with elected officials for pay and benefits. That leads to corruption, union leaders nd public officials getting into bed with each other and feathering each other's nests. IMHO, pay and benefits should be tied to some sort of index or combination of indexes to what the private sector gets. Neither too much greater or too much less, but let's not forget that in a public union you have greater job security that should be worth something.

Hate unions??!!! I LOVE unions,
With her

hot-babe.jpg

and her

hot-babes-wallpaper(Mobidll.Com)95259425.jpg

and her

RedheadTips.jpg

and her

kenya-moore-bikini.jpg

and her

86753lcc632f312552a725c.jpg

and................. and..................
Thanks for the post! I will be back in fifteen minutes all right make that five. LOL

Why do people hate unions? Will corporations do right by the workers if not mandated to? I am still looking online and see no benefit to workers not being union.

I don't hate private sector unions-(they have competition to keep them in check)-but I do not want Government public unions that hold the taxpayers of this nation hostage.

Contracts under which public employees work are negotiated under the law and approved by elected officials. You have the power to vote, simply because elected officals didn't do what you want makes it important for you to vote.

Consider, public employees choose to work in the public sector for many reasons, job security being one of them. Once this changes, those of you with limited education, skills, competence and intelligence will need to complete with those public emloyees whose salary and benefits and therefore job security will be taken away by the likes of Gov's. Walker and Daniels. As suggested, consider your vote carefully.

Having had the pleasure of reading the posts of the envious above, it is obvious their job security will also be at risk when the job market is flooded with capable, educated and experienced former public employees.

As the tide falls, all boats sink.

My personal experience with Union Workers is they're generally lazy and don't take pride in their work.

What else you want to know.
Well since you offered, how does the whole union dishing out jobs thing work? My cousin who I had not seen in years is union drywall and he stated if you do not kiss asses or kick back money you do not get the work? Do they assign the employment you get?

If you want a trade union job, yes. You have to report to the union hall to get assignments. Your name is on a list, jobs are offered to each person on the list. The worker can accept of decline the job. If they decline, they are moved to the bottom of the list to wait their turn again. At least, this is how it's supposed to work. In reality, the guys who run the lists will favor their buddies or other "friends" by offering them the best jobs or bumping them on the list. Exchange of favors is often a factor, too. If no jobs are available, the union can sanction you if you take non-union jobs. You pay dues whether you are working, or not.

Many labor unions don't even offer a list or assist their members to get jobs if they lose theirs.

It doesn't take a whole lot of effort on an employers part to keep unions out of his company.

It starts with a little respect of the workers.

BFS! Tell that to Boeing. NLRB can make you let Unions in your Company.

Boeing's South Carolina move: Illegal union bashing or just good business? - CSMonitor.com

His point was even dumber then that. He's saying that workers won't unionized if you show them a "little respect." You'll have to excuse him, he's lost in a fog of ideology. For government to actually force it's citizens to do anything by force should be a last resort and require serious justification. Yet Mr. Clean shows the standard the left holds themselves to, hey, if you showed a little respect we wouldn't have to use guns to force our will on you. It's pathetic.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Why do unions exist?

it's a long story, but in a nutshell: They were once a benefit to the workers, correcting injustice, now they are kept alive by greed and corruption.

Did labor/trade unions exist in Communist Nations, such as Russia, China or Vietnam?

they don't need labor unions, they already have communism.

Isn't liberty and freedom the greatest concern of conservatives? Isn't the right to organize an exercise of freedom and liberty?

Yes, liberty and freedom are of great concern to conservatives. You have a right to organize, but you don't have a right to blackmail companies or governments or taxpayers.

Last edited:

Union were needed once. Now there are laws and regulations to protect workers. Also you have things like OSHA.
If unions were needed to protect workers why is only 8% or so of the private workforce unionized?

If, as you say, only 8% of the workforce is unionized, then why all the hatred from the right?

What percent of the US government workforce is union? Of course we all know the answer to that one don't we?

Because one employer who's blackmailed by the power of government guns to provide workers with by definition non-market power is one too many.

If that one employer is being as you say "blackmailed by the power of government guns" to accept an organized workforce, then he's a shitty employer and deserves to have a union forced down his throat.

This is probably the stupidest post of the day, bravo.

It doesn't take a whole lot of effort on an employers part to keep unions out of his company.

It starts with a little respect of the workers.

Garbage.

What many union sympathizers determine as "respect" is wages over and above market value, benefits over and above, and rediculous restrictions on job performance, hiring, and firing.

Strange. I'm not in a union, and I get 3 weeks paid vacation, full medical and dental, 401K, bonus, life insurance and disability.

What is it unions are supposedly do for you?

They make you pay dues.

My personal experience with Union Workers is they're generally lazy and don't take pride in their work.

What else you want to know.
Well since you offered, how does the whole union dishing out jobs thing work? My cousin who I had not seen in years is union drywall and he stated if you do not kiss asses or kick back money you do not get the work? Do they assign the employment you get?

If you want a trade union job, yes. You have to report to the union hall to get assignments. Your name is on a list, jobs are offered to each person on the list. The worker can accept of decline the job. If they decline, they are moved to the bottom of the list to wait their turn again. At least, this is how it's supposed to work. In reality, the guys who run the lists will favor their buddies or other "friends" by offering them the best jobs or bumping them on the list. Exchange of favors is often a factor, too. If no jobs are available, the union can sanction you if you take non-union jobs. You pay dues whether you are working, or not.

Many labor unions don't even offer a list or assist their members to get jobs if they lose theirs.

And such a system never exists in a public or private company? Human nature is human nature whether a human is a public employee, a private sector employee or own their own company.

Most union members don't report to the hall and wait for work; most have demonstrated their skills and dependabilty and have been hired by private companies. Others, generally journeymen, take civil service tests and enjoy the benefits of working for a city, county or state government or in one of the many special districts which support government projects and rarely risk going out of business.

Most union members and public employees spend their earned income in the community in which they live. They pay taxes, buy durable and non durable goods, and may attend the same church as those of you who want to take from them their dreams for themselves and their children.

And such a system never exists in a public or private company? Human nature is human nature whether a human is a public employee, a private sector employee or own their own company.

Most union members don't report to the hall and wait for work; most have demonstrated their skills and dependabilty and have been hired by private companies. Others, generally journeymen, take civil service tests and enjoy the benefits of working for a city, county or state government or in one of the many special districts which support government projects and rarely risk going out of business.

Most union members and public employees spend their earned income in the community in which they live. They pay taxes, buy durable and non durable goods, and may attend the same church as those of you who want to take from them their dreams for themselves and their children.

:lol: Do you expect to be taken serious after the garbage you spewed earlier in the thread?

You have no weight in here, you proved your just in here to be a hack already, see below

You shouldn't have mentioned Solyndra....there was big time conflict of interests going on with it regarding our tax dollars funding this debacle. Not to mention it was poorly run and had red flags flying everywhere with the inevitable looming bankruptcy. It was a poor choice, but they needed to payback.

Who funded Solndra? Well, it started under President Bush and was continued under Obama. Conflicts of interest? I'm sure there was.

I'm more concerned about the amounts than the COI's myself.

Still aside from the politics of it, the fact is that most start-ups fail whether it is a coffee shop, a grocery store or an energy company. Energy companies are going to have a larger wake of failure than the others.

I think we can all agree (getting back to the politics)that Solyndra would have failed with or without our investment.

No one died as a result of Solyndra's failure; how many GI's died while taking a shower in Iraq? See the connection between Haliburton (KBR) and the Bush Administration.

Wow! Just like non-union workers! Imagine that?

Because unions are lying sack of shit scum bag thugs who are only out to line their coffers with dues.

Does that work for you as a good enough answer?
No not really that is more of an opinion. Thank you anyways.

LOL..... but you did ask for opinions, didnt you.

:)

I don't hate unions. I recognize their excesses, the conflict of interest posed by public employee unions, and the occasional "kill the golden goose" level of stupidity of private sector unions.

Forum List

Back