Why you hate unions?

Sirkarl101

Nov 20, 2011
Why do people hate unions? Will corporations do right by the workers if not mandated to? I am still looking online and see no benefit to workers not being union.

Because they have an unholy alliance with democrats laundering taxpayer money into their campaigns keeping them in power, not to mention they strangle businesses out of business and cost the government far too much money.

Any other questions... what did I have for breakfast? Scrambled eggs.

Last edited:
Arguably, trade unions still (theoretically) have the purpose of providing well-trained, skilled labor for many employers. They (theoretically) provide somewhat steady employment for tradespeople who often work jobs that are temporary in nature. Sometimes, things work out as advertised, just don't get on the wrong side of the guy/gal who runs the 'list' at your union hall. And don't think you'll be all that welcome to move somewhere else and find work out of the local hall there, either. "Travelers" often stay at the bottom of the list and unemployed in their field for a long time before they can get a job.

Arguably, labor unions may have once had some purpose, considering the conditions that existed in many industries at the time many unions were established. But the trade unions of today are controlled by the same people who rob others with less in order to enrich themselves. Union leadership works very closely with politicians and big business in order to enrich themselves and glean as much political and economic power as possible for themselves. Union bosses are pretty much the same kind of crooks and thugs who are turning up in both major political parties. The rank and file union members think they're getting a great deal because their union masters deem it expedient to toss a bone or two their way. People are wising up to this, that's why union membership is on the wane.

Hate unions? No. Hate the people who run them, absolutely.

Why do people hate unions? Will corporations do right by the workers if not mandated to? I am still looking online and see no benefit to workers not being union.

My personal experience with Union Workers is they're generally lazy and don't take pride in their work.

What else you want to know.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Unions are filled with corruption and thuggery. They buy politicians with members' money. They drive up the cost of goods so their big wigs can line their pockets with green. They don't care as much about their members as they lead you to believe, it's all about money, money and more money. Just like the Dems want your vote, the union bosses need your money to buy those votes.

There was a time when Union workers were skilled workers, today they don't work as hard as they should because they don't have to. Unions are blackmailing members to believe they care about them. If unions cared Detroit wouldn't be in the shape it is today.

Hate? I don't hate unions. I personally have no use for unions, but that isn't hate. Unions served their purpose back in the day. Now they just tend to kill companies and drive jobs overseas. I've been in the workforce full time since 1980 and I've never held a union job. I work Monday thru Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM, make damn good money, have great benefits and 4 weeks of vacation. My non-union employer provides all of that as part of my employment. Tell me again how being a union member would benefit me?

This is why talking to liberals is such a waste of time. I'll answer your question, but that you have to repeat the liberal premise without getting this before says to me your mind is not open.

1) Capitalists don't hate "unions," we oppose giving them artificial power of government guns.

2) We do hate the unions, like the teamsters and UAW that have repeatedly abused that power. But we don't like bad companies either. It is that and not that they are unions why we hate them. That is why I quoted unions in point #1.

3) Capitalism is in fact another term for economic freedom. If unions were market based using market power, then capitalists would completely support them.

4) Government unions are particularly a problem since the people who pay them, taxpayers, are not sitting at the table. People take government jobs, then they should be limited in their power to collectively negotiate for that reason. They are free to take a private job and with market power unionize and squeeze the man all they want.

Last edited:
Because they have an unholy alliance with democrats laundering taxpayer money into their campaigns keeping them in power, not to mention they strangle businesses out of business and cost the government far too much money.

Any other questions... what did I have for breakfast? Scrambled eggs.
Lucky person. I am can not eat dairy and it sucks. So what are you saying that lower wages will create more jobs and we will live off of low wages and no benefits. That is really competing with China. Perhaps we can work for less then what they get paid and employ everyone. Republicans and Democrats are working for big business in case you have not checked lately. Both are corrupt and all the hoop lah is to keep us at each others throats. I understand your stance it is typical of the right and I am sure the left will defend unions and on and on when the entire time the workers get the short end of the stick...

Arguably, trade unions still (theoretically) have the purpose of providing well-trained, skilled labor for many employers. They (theoretically) provide somewhat steady employment for tradespeople who often work jobs that are temporary in nature. Sometimes, things work out as advertised, just don't get on the wrong side of the guy/gal who runs the 'list' at your union hall. And don't think you'll be all that welcome to move somewhere else and find work out of the local hall there, either. "Travelers" often stay at the bottom of the list and unemployed in their field for a long time before they can get a job.

Arguably, labor unions may have once had some purpose, considering the conditions that existed in many industries at the time many unions were established. But the trade unions of today are controlled by the same people who rob others with less in order to enrich themselves. Union leadership works very closely with politicians and big business in order to enrich themselves and glean as much political and economic power as possible for themselves. Union bosses are pretty much the same kind of crooks and thugs who are turning up in both major political parties. The rank and file union members think they're getting a great deal because their union masters deem it expedient to toss a bone or two their way. People are wising up to this, that's why union membership is on the wane.

Hate unions? No. Hate the people who run them, absolutely.
Thanks You very much for your informed non bias remarks it lends clarity to what I was inquiring about. Again Thank You.

Thanks everyone for your responses. It sheds a great deal of light on the current situation as I have not been in the work force for several years now and am out of touch with the workers views on the issue.

Unions are filled with corruption and thuggery. They buy politicians with members' money. They drive up the cost of goods so their big wigs can line their pockets with green. They don't care as much about their members as they lead you to believe, it's all about money, money and more money. Just like the Dems want your vote, the union bosses need your money to buy those votes.

There was a time when Union workers were skilled workers, today they don't work as hard as they should because they don't have to. Unions are blackmailing members to believe they care about them. If unions cared Detroit wouldn't be in the shape it is today.

Seems as if you have described the partners in crime Kenny boy Lay, James Skilling and James Fastow as well as former 'Wall Streeter' Arthur Anderson.

Unions work to advance the salary and benefits of their employees, can the same be said for corporations? As we all know, corporations exist to make a profit, a profit which allows the CEO, CFO and other "big wigs" to line their pockets and the pockets of preferred stock holders, sometimes at the expense and ruin of their employees and common stock holders - see ENRON for evidence.

My personal experience with Union Workers is they're generally lazy and don't take pride in their work.

What else you want to know.
Well since you offered, how does the whole union dishing out jobs thing work? My cousin who I had not seen in years is union drywall and he stated if you do not kiss asses or kick back money you do not get the work? Do they assign the employment you get?

Because unions are lying sack of shit scum bag thugs who are only out to line their coffers with dues.

Does that work for you as a good enough answer?

Because unions are lying sack of shit scum bag thugs who are only out to line their coffers with dues.

Does that work for you as a good enough answer?
No not really that is more of an opinion. Thank you anyways.

Thank You. Love the you all stuff:clap2:

Union were needed once. Now there are laws and regulations to protect workers. Also you have things like OSHA.
If unions were needed to protect workers why is only 8% or so of the private workforce unionized?

Seems as if you have described the partners in crime Kenny boy Lay, James Skilling and James Fastow as well as former 'Wall Streeter' Arthur Anderson.

Unions work to advance the salary and benefits of their employees, can the same be said for corporations? As we all know, corporations exist to make a profit, a profit which allows the CEO, CFO and other "big wigs" to line their pockets and the pockets of preferred stock holders, sometimes at the expense and ruin of their employees and common stock holders - see ENRON for evidence.

If a company wants to compete they will hire skilled people and give them good pay and benifits. There are thousands of Corporations and only a small percentage are bad. Most understand that taking care of their employees is good for business.

Public sector unions, like the teachers unions, actually hurt the workers becuase they protect the bad as well as the good.

Yes I support campaign reform. I also support the reform of Washington and state government. Almost all politicians including this president acknowledge they are corrupt by actions or inaction which leaves cleaning house up to us the Republicans, Democrats and Independent citizens. Do you agree with that?

In most states you have to be part of the union or you don't work. The unions usually have horribly undemocratic internal processes, are notoriously corrupt in working with the bosses and are insanely expensive for the member. The waste tons of worker money on politics that the membership usually opposes and spend even more money on themselves than the bosses do.
It is pretty much impossible to get rid of the union once it is in.
They protect the really bad workers at the expense of the whole work force. The force the closure of workplaces by crazy work rules.

For most workers, a union is a sort of job-suicide pact.

Hate unions??!!! I LOVE unions,
With her

hot-babe.jpg

and her

hot-babes-wallpaper(Mobidll.Com)95259425.jpg

and her

RedheadTips.jpg

and her

kenya-moore-bikini.jpg

and her

86753lcc632f312552a725c.jpg

and................. and..................

Forum List

Back