Why wouldn't Jesus...

want us to structure our society to help the poor?

Jesus preached that we should help the poor...that is indisputable.

I often see self-described Christians arguing against social welfare, claiming that Jesus meant that we should help the poor individually.

This makes no sense to me. If we have the power, as individuals, to collectively help the poor then IMO this is what Jesus would want us to do.

Any thoughts?

I Find it Entertaining that those who so Obviously Hate Christianity and do NOT Believe that Christ is the Saviour, are the First One's to Envoke his Name for their own Dishonest Political Gain...

Quote Christ on Government Welfare, or Providing for the Collective via Tax Dollars...

Charity can't be Forced by Law.

:)

peace...

That matters not at all. A society that voluntarily sets itself up to help the poor, even if not every member of society gives willingly, would not be something Jesus would be against.

In fact, those that didn't give willingly would be no different in his eyes than those that didn't give willingly to some other charitable program or poor individual.

That matters not at all. A society that voluntarily sets itself up to help the poor, even if not every member of society gives willingly, would not be something Jesus would be against.

In fact, those that didn't give willingly would be no different in his eyes than those that didn't give willingly to some other charitable program or poor individual.

A Society can't Collectively "Volunteer"...

Christ on Cracker, you are NOT very Bright, are you...

You're Livin' so Trife, you Need Jeeeeeeeeeeesus in your Life!

peace...

peace...
Of course a society can collectively volunteer. Jesus fucking Christ you moron what the hell do you think a society is, anyway?

Last edited:

peace...
Of course a society can collectively volunteer. Jesus fucking Christ you moron what the hell do you think a society is, anyway?

My Good God, you are Stucking Fupid...

There are Organizations you can Join RIGHT NOW... Your Question was Answered before you Posted this, if you weren't such a Dipshit.

Now, if you are Suggesting that Everyone should "Volunteer", then I would Ask how you Suggest that Happens without Force of Law.

And in that, "Volunteer" and "Charity" are Negated.

Give it some Thought this Time before Reacting.

peace...

Well, mal...you didn't answer the question. What is a society. Of course you can't answer it because then you would have to admit that you're an idiot.

As for not wanting to belong to such a society, you are free to opt out of the society.

WWJD? It cracks me up when people think they know what Jesus would or wouldn't do - especially to sway someone's opinion in a debate. Jesus can, and will, save your soul but it's up to you to save your ass. You can pray for something all day long that you need or want but unless you get off of your butt and do something constructive to reach that desire, it ain't going to happen. We have created a "Please give it to me" society in which people no longer feel a need to provide and care for themselves because there is always some organization or government agency to come to the rescue. I again ask the simple question, WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY?

Last edited:
WWJD? It cracks me up when people think they know what Jesus would or wouldn't do - especially to sway someone's opinion in a debate. Jesus can, and will, save your soul but it's up to you to save your ass. You can pray for something all day long that you need or want but unless you get off of your butt and do something constructive to reach that desire, it ain't going to happen. We have created a "Please give it to me" society in which people no longer feel a need to provide and care for themselves because there is always some organization or government agency to come to the rescue. I again ask the simple question, WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY?
Nice rant but it doesn't address the questions I posed in the OP.

04-09-2009-wwjd-s.jpg

peace...

Well, mal...you didn't answer the question. What is a society. Of course you can't answer it because then you would have to admit that you're an idiot.

As for not wanting to belong to such a society, you are free to opt out of the society.

You are Repeatedly FAILING on this Thread...

When you Feel you can Address my Points, let me Know...

Dismissals are the Playground for the Intellectually Weak... That would be you.

peace...

peace...
Why don't you address mine first:
Why wouldn't Jesus... want us to structure our society to help the poor?

I often see self-described Christians arguing against social welfare, claiming that Jesus meant that we should help the poor individually.

This makes no sense to me. If we have the power, as individuals, to collectively help the poor then IMO this is what Jesus would want us to do.

Any thoughts?

peace...
Why don't you address mine first:
Why wouldn't Jesus... want us to structure our society to help the poor?

Any thoughts?

I have, and you have yet to Provide Christ's Words on the Issue of Welfare.

peace...

Actually, mal...you merely posted one of your usual strawman arguments and didn't address my questions.

Dismissed.

Forum List

Back