Why would Obama put a German in Charge of American troops?

You know no such thing, Ollie.

Rules and regs change. They changed for this appointment.

He holds the clearance required for the slot: foreign officer has nothing to do with it if approved by the chain of command.

Don't get stupid on me again Jake.....

And damned sure don't tell me what I know...................

A Foreign national will never have the clearances required for that position, If he does that job he'll be doing only half of it................

And I'll put my background in Security up against any one here.

I have to shake my head at this..

Why is a German National being put in charge of American troops?

German officer to serve as U.S. Army Europe's chief of staff | Army Times | armytimes.com

A German Army brigadier general who recently served with NATO forces in Afghanistan is assuming duties as the chief of staff of U. S. Army Europe, the first time a non-American officer has held that position.

Brig. Gen. Markus Laubenthal, most recently the commander of Germany’s 12th Panzer Brigade in Amberg, and chief of staff of Regional Command North, International Security Assistance Force Afghanistan, will be stationed at USAREUR headquarters, Wiesbaden, Germany. He could report to duty as early as Monday.

Is this more of that "Fundamental Change" Obama said he wanted? Subjecting the U.S. Military to Foreign Governments?

Dang. Another American put a german in charge of troops a while back. Not only that, the german was gay.

It's a purely political appointment.

Perhaps Obama's veiled attempt at reconciliation to the Germans for spying on them.

I don't know this guy, but he represents a security risk. He may be a great leader. Not just a yes man. Clinton tried putting us under UN command while I was in Somalia and the Republicans in congress stopped him for obvious reasons.

Perhaps Obama's veiled attempt at reconciliation to the Germans for spying on them.

I don't know this guy, but he represents a security risk. He may be a great leader. Not just a yes man. Clinton tried putting us under UN command while I was in Somalia and the Republicans in congress stopped him for obvious reasons.

He will have NOTHING to do with commanding troops of any nation.

The Chief of Staff is just that - an administrative position that coordinates the activities of a command staff. He's like the general's chief clerk. I worked for the one of the 3rd Infantry Division so I know exactly what they do.

He will have NOTHING to do with commanding troops of any nation.

The Chief of Staff is just that - an administrative position that coordinates the activities of a command staff. He's like the general's chief clerk. I worked for the one of the 3rd Infantry Division so I know exactly what they do.

Figuring out how to accessorize their high ranking uniforms and,,,, no one else can dress like them that has a lower rank...

German officer to serve as U.S. Army Europe's chief of staff | Army Times | armytimes.com

A German Army brigadier general who recently served with NATO forces in Afghanistan is assuming duties as the chief of staff of U. S. Army Europe, the first time a non-American officer has held that position.

Brig. Gen. Markus Laubenthal, most recently the commander of Germany’s 12th Panzer Brigade in Amberg, and chief of staff of Regional Command North, International Security Assistance Force Afghanistan, will be stationed at USAREUR headquarters, Wiesbaden, Germany. He could report to duty as early as Monday.

Is this more of that "Fundamental Change" Obama said he wanted? Subjecting the U.S. Military to Foreign Governments?

This is what happens when you have a non natural born Citizen as president. The founders warned us of this and it is why they formulated the natural born Citizen clause to the Constitution. Obama was never born with sole allegiance to the United States.

I suppose that inside the conservative bubble, it must be impossible to believe that our founders would allow a German to serve as a chief of staff. Outside of the conservative bubble, there is this thing we call HISTORY!

Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is what happens when you have a non natural born Citizen as president. The founders warned us of this and it is why they formulated the natural born Citizen clause to the Constitution. Obama was never born with sole allegiance to the United States.

I suppose that inside the conservative bubble, it must be impossible to believe that our founders would allow a German to serve as a chief of staff. Outside of the conservative bubble, there is this thing we call HISTORY!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

this guys circumstances were a little bit different than the guy now....

Ollie, USAEUR can be and has served under foreign officers.

This appointment has been created with the sufficient security clearances needed and you know it.

Gee I had 4 tours of Duty in USAEUR and never once did I or any unit i heard of fall under German Officers.

And a foreign Officer cannot hold many compartmental clearances.

I think in 4 years at one of the most classified units in USAEUR I would know a little bit about this.... He cannot hold the same clearance that I held as an E5 and E6....

I worked alongside German, NATO, and Canadian officers at a classified bunker in Germany. They all told me you're full of shit.

Ollie, USAEUR can be and has served under foreign officers.

This appointment has been created with the sufficient security clearances needed and you know it.

Gee I had 4 tours of Duty in USAEUR and never once did I or any unit i heard of fall under German Officers.

And a foreign Officer cannot hold many compartmental clearances.

I think in 4 years at one of the most classified units in USAEUR I would know a little bit about this.... He cannot hold the same clearance that I held as an E5 and E6....

I worked alongside German, NATO, and Canadian officers at a classified bunker in Germany. They all told me you're full of shit.

you knew Ollie back then?.....

And the dude wasn't even a trained soldier to boot!

Want the trains to run on time, put a German in charge :) Wanna fly into space like Buck Rogers, put a German on it. Wanna make other people look like the bad guys and your own side look like the good guys, well, actually put a Republican on that one.

More teaper nonsense and ignorance.

At any rate, t is a shame that teapers are outraged for the wrong reason! Germany should not be a part of NATO, period. They are full of hate and bloodlust and are responsible for atrocities throughout human history. They shouldn't be able to have a military given their history. To put a fucking German in charge of NATO forces is a slap in the face to all of humanity.

I don't believe one person here has any Idea about how security classifications work.

When you find out you'll understand.

A foreign National, no matter where he is from, cannot hold the Security classifications needed to be a Staff officer of any type at United States Army Europe headquarters.

Think maybe the Staff of USAEUR might have stuff that is marked with a simple NOFORN?

At any rate, t is a shame that teapers are outraged for the wrong reason! Germany should not be a part of NATO, period. They are full of hate and bloodlust and are responsible for atrocities throughout human history. They shouldn't be able to have a military given their history. To put a fucking German in charge of NATO forces is a slap in the face to all of humanity.

you are just completely fucking insane. get help before it is too late.

You know nothing of the Germany from 1949 onward. Really.

you are just completely fucking insane. get help before it is too late.

You know nothing of the Germany from 1949 onward. Really.
I suppose you are suggesting Germans magically changed in 1949...:lmao:

History proves my premise. Germans are some nasty fuckers who committed the greatest atrocities throughout the history of humankind.

Forum List

Back