Why would Obama put a German in Charge of American troops?

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
I have to shake my head at this..

Why is a German National being put in charge of American troops?

German officer to serve as U.S. Army Europe's chief of staff | Army Times | armytimes.com

A German Army brigadier general who recently served with NATO forces in Afghanistan is assuming duties as the chief of staff of U. S. Army Europe, the first time a non-American officer has held that position.

Brig. Gen. Markus Laubenthal, most recently the commander of Germany’s 12th Panzer Brigade in Amberg, and chief of staff of Regional Command North, International Security Assistance Force Afghanistan, will be stationed at USAREUR headquarters, Wiesbaden, Germany. He could report to duty as early as Monday.

Is this more of that "Fundamental Change" Obama said he wanted? Subjecting the U.S. Military to Foreign Governments?

German officer to serve as U.S. Army Europe's chief of staff | Army Times | armytimes.com

A German Army brigadier general who recently served with NATO forces in Afghanistan is assuming duties as the chief of staff of U. S. Army Europe, the first time a non-American officer has held that position.

Brig. Gen. Markus Laubenthal, most recently the commander of Germany’s 12th Panzer Brigade in Amberg, and chief of staff of Regional Command North, International Security Assistance Force Afghanistan, will be stationed at USAREUR headquarters, Wiesbaden, Germany. He could report to duty as early as Monday.

Is this more of that "Fundamental Change" Obama said he wanted? Subjecting the U.S. Military to Foreign Governments?

This is what happens when you have a non natural born Citizen as president. The founders warned us of this and it is why they formulated the natural born Citizen clause to the Constitution. Obama was never born with sole allegiance to the United States.

As much as I feel Obama is not competent to be CinC, I have to state that he has absolutely nothing to do with this!!!

It is part of the NATO treaty that is decades old. The German general is, in now way, "in charge of US troops." He is simply the senior member of NATO at the moment and cannot commit US troops anywhere without concurrence from DOD and our stumblebum CinC.

OMG!

As the major staff assistant to USAREUR commander [UNITED STATES] Lt. Gen. Donald Campbell, Laubenthal [THE GERMAN] will synchronize the command’s staff activities much as American predecessors have in the past.

OMG!

As the major staff assistant to USAREUR commander [UNITED STATES] Lt. Gen. Donald Campbell, Laubenthal [THE GERMAN] will synchronize the command’s staff activities much as American predecessors have in the past.

I take it you missed the job title..

as the chief of staff of U. S. Army Europe, the first time a non-American officer has held that position.

U.S. Troops will be reporting to him.

He will be able to give legal orders to U.S. troops.

As much as I feel Obama is not competent to be CinC, I have to state that he has absolutely nothing to do with this!!!

It is part of the NATO treaty that is decades old. The German general is, in now way, "in charge of US troops." He is simply the senior member of NATO at the moment and cannot commit US troops anywhere without concurrence from DOD and our stumblebum CinC.

Obama is the Commander in Chief. This didn't happen without his approval.

OMG!

as the chief of staff of U. S. Army Europe, the first time a non-American officer has held that position.

And so did Monty in Normandy.

It's more of an indicator of your ignorance. NATO and the US military have had a long history of joint ventures, bases, and shared goals for decades, as well as the US and other countries.

4904226+_626af17d1ac605acddc65150025f0a18.jpg

Like we used to say, "Barry Hussein ain't from around here". As he said he relied on "dreams of his father" when he was growing up only his father was an alcoholic anti-American communist. Little Hussein doesn't have the same core values as most Americans and he doesn't understand the concept of "duty, honor Country" ingrained in the Military and he couldn't care less.

The far right is not from around mainstream America.

Just saying. They live out in the wilderness of Know Nothing.

OMG!

:lol: He's an aide. A glorified secretary. What a nit you are.

Staff Positions at USAEUR are not NATO positions...... While there are NATO Laisons at USAEUR HQ's they are not Staff members...

This is so wrong it's pitiful.

So you now have a Chief of Staff who cannot even hold the top Departmentalized Security classifications that someone in that position needs to have.

Plain and simple it's a total screw up and no, NATO does not call for that position to be anything other than an American....

OMG!

And so did Monty in Normandy.

Monty was not United States Army Europe. Any American troops assigned under him were part of the allied invasion forces...

It's more of an indicator of your ignorance. NATO and the US military have had a long history of joint ventures, bases, and shared goals for decades, as well as the US and other countries.

No Howie....Once again USAEUR = United States Army Europe. Not NATO. Though they can be requested to be placed under the NATO commander for a specified duty or time period.

OMG!

:lol: He's an aide. A glorified secretary. What a nit you are.

UM, no Ravi..... He's in a Four Star general Position. He is by far much more than an aide or glorified secretary.

Ollie, USAEUR can be and has served under foreign officers.

This appointment has been created with the sufficient security clearances needed and you know it.

Ollie, USAEUR can be and has served under foreign officers.

This appointment has been created with the sufficient security clearances needed and you know it.

Gee I had 4 tours of Duty in USAEUR and never once did I or any unit i heard of fall under German Officers.

And a foreign Officer cannot hold many compartmental clearances.

I think in 4 years at one of the most classified units in USAEUR I would know a little bit about this.... He cannot hold the same clearance that I held as an E5 and E6....

You know no such thing, Ollie.

Rules and regs change. They changed for this appointment.

He holds the clearance required for the slot: foreign officer has nothing to do with it if approved by the chain of command.

Forum List

Back