why we need electoral college:Los Angeles county is home to more people than each of these 41 states

A vote should be a vote regardless of where you live
And so it is.

No it isn't

For President, A vote in Wyoming counts five times what a vote in California counts
A vote in WY can deliver 3 EVs for the candidate, one in CA can deliver 55.

600,000 people in Wyoming get 3 EVs (200,000 per EV)
In California, 40 million people get 55 Evs (727,000 per EV)......California deserves 200 EVs
THE SMALLEST 25 STATES ALL added together, do not have the citizen population of California....

Actually, I've heard arguments and seen petitions for eliminating the Electoral College for years. It happens every time there is an election.I think we could do away with it, because it is just plain nonsense that if you live in a certain place you will automatically vote a certain way. That's just the Republicans being afraid of wasting all the gerrymandering efforts they went through in order to get an edge on the elections, is what I hear. Every other election in this country is now one-human-one-vote and we certainly have the technology and logistical capability to do it without any problem.
`
`

Again, let me reiterate; outside of fringe element types, the EC was NEVER a national issue, until Hillary lost.

A vote should be a vote regardless of where you live
And so it is.

No it isn't

For President, A vote in Wyoming counts five times what a vote in California counts
A vote in WY can deliver 3 EVs for the candidate, one in CA can deliver 55.

600,000 people in Wyoming get 3 EVs (200,000 per EV)
In California, 40 million people get 55 Evs (727,000 per EV)......California deserves 200 EVs
THE SMALLEST 25 STATES ALL added together, do not have the citizen population of California....

We usually call them Red States

Actually, I've heard arguments and seen petitions for eliminating the Electoral College for years. It happens every time there is an election.I think we could do away with it, because it is just plain nonsense that if you live in a certain place you will automatically vote a certain way. That's just the Republicans being afraid of wasting all the gerrymandering efforts they went through in order to get an edge on the elections, is what I hear. Every other election in this country is now one-human-one-vote and we certainly have the technology and logistical capability to do it without any problem.
`
`

Again, let me reiterate; outside of fringe element types, the EC was NEVER a national issue, until Hillary lost.
How about Al Gore?

Well, it did matter in 2000 too, when Bush won despite not winning the popular vote. So twice in 16 years a mentally challenged person became President based on a technicality of an antiquated system.

Sorry, I'm not going to waste my time teaching you math and civics. Public schooling eh?

What's the civics lesson in this? Since we live in a centralized economy, what is the purpose of the electoral college?

Sorry, I'm not going to waste my time teaching you math and civics. Public schooling eh?

What's the civics lesson in this? Since we live in a centralized economy, what is the purpose of the electoral college?
We do not have a "centralized economy"and wtf does that have to do with the EV? Centralized economies were the lot the USSR and the like and their infamous 5-year plans. Some other posters on this thread doubtless appreciate your input. It makes them look less ill-informed.

why we need electoral college:Los Angeles county is home to more people than each of these 41 states

One person, one vote. People vote - not acres. Or, are acres now people, too? That would make humans competing with corporations and acres.
Only in the world's most advanced democracy can one gather fewer votes and yet win.

And it is telling that some posters on this thread hold their fellow Americans in such disdain. Are they arguing there is a "real America" and a "contemptible America" existing side by side?

As for me, I'll take the places with universities, concert halls, museums and art galleries. The places with major sports franchises and restaurants and cosmopolitan outlooks. They can keep the soy bean fields, the cattle ranches and the trailer parks.
I'm happy so many of you love to be crammed together like sardines in polluted crime infested cities. Makes life so much more enjoyable for the rest of us to spend a quite morning watching the sunrise.
vineyard2.jpg
It's the Green Acres scenario.

Redirect Notice
Ah, NYC. Where people are packed like sardines, people are angry, crime is on every corner, people think a single tree is a park and the streets smell like a porta potty on a hot summer day.

One person, one vote. People vote - not acres. Or, are acres now people, too? That would make humans competing with corporations and acres.
Only in the world's most advanced democracy can one gather fewer votes and yet win.

And it is telling that some posters on this thread hold their fellow Americans in such disdain. Are they arguing there is a "real America" and a "contemptible America" existing side by side?

As for me, I'll take the places with universities, concert halls, museums and art galleries. The places with major sports franchises and restaurants and cosmopolitan outlooks. They can keep the soy bean fields, the cattle ranches and the trailer parks.
I'm happy so many of you love to be crammed together like sardines in polluted crime infested cities. Makes life so much more enjoyable for the rest of us to spend a quite morning watching the sunrise.
vineyard2.jpg

Redirect Notice
Ah, NYC. Where people are packed like sardines, people are angry, crime is on every corner, people think a single tree is a park and the streets smell like a porta potty on a hot summer day.
Beats sitting on the side of a ditch plucking thorns from your feet and wondering how it all went so wrong.

`
`

vineyard2.jpg

Redirect Notice
Think of it. If NYC chose presidents, we'd have the like of Sharpton or de Blasio in the Oval Office.

vineyard2.jpg

Redirect Notice
Beats sitting on the side of a ditch plucking thorns from your feet and wondering how it all went so wrong.
As opposed to lotioning your ass in some urban shit hole wondering how the Beast lost?

vineyard2.jpg

Redirect Notice

You have never been to NYC have you

Crime is very low, Central Park is a beautiful park with lots of trees
Street are clean and well maintained

vineyard2.jpg

Redirect Notice

spoken like someone who's never been here.

no one feels "packed like sardines". there is not "crime on every corner"

i'll give you there can be some nasty smells on summer days. but manure doesn't smell so hot either.

and we have the best food in the country... well, new Orleans comes close... but we have everything.

you should probably know what you're talking about before you start yammering away.

This is why we need Judge Moore. We little states are taking America back from those pro Mexican Pureto Rican Mulsim Immigrant loving places. We will make America grterat again as the Founders warned of unscrupulous polticians who would use the vote to dismantle our sacred institutions

rta potty on a hot summer day.

Crime is very low, Central Park is a beautiful park with lots of trees
Street are clean and well maintained
Guiliani cleaned up the tourist districts alright. Go to Bed-Sty.[/QUOTE]
As opposed to the heroin addicts down at Vittle Village.

Crime happens even in the country. Remember Southerland Springs.

Forum List

Back