why we need electoral college:Los Angeles county is home to more people than each of these 41 states

Potentially, because both the Republicans and Democrats know the system massively favors them.It's people who want proper representation, want to solve the problems in society, and want things to be fair that have a problem.
`
`

I knew as far back as high school, that an upset like this, due to the Electoral College, was possible, so the outcome came as no real surprise to me. It does need to be looked at but given the current state of affairs, it has no big priority with me.

We are the United States of America, and that means something. In order to get smaller states to join the union, a formula had to be devised to prevent the larger states from absolute domination. In those days, NY, MA, VA and PA would have called the shots over the smaller and more rural states.

The same holds true today. It's the same rationale that gives every state 2 senators.

Last edited:
We are the United States of America, and that means something. In order to get smaller states to join the union, a formula had to be devised to prevent the larger states from absolute domination. In those days, NY, MA, VI and PA would have called the shots over the smaller and more rural states.

The same holds true today. It's the same rationale that gives every state 2 senators.
They won't stop until the constitution is burned in a fire. Right now they are at the National Anthem, along with tearing down the statues of our founding fathers. They are attacking ALL of the traditions and our culture.

Again, just to reiterate, look up how the marxists take over. Look at the China marxist take over and find out what the FOUR OLDS are.

china-cultural-revolution1.jpg

Understand how this works. That is what they are doing and no matter how many seats the "republicans" have, the left own our culture. They own our minds. They control the media, the entertainment industry (included sports) and education system.

As a result we have morons who advocate for MOB RULE, which is what democracy is. It is a myth that this country is a DEMOCRACY. The word DEMOCRACY does not appear in the constitution for a reason. We are a republic, which is distinctly different.

The petulant pathetic snot nosed ignorant left are too far gone into their saul alinsky left wing shit to understand this, nor do they care.

All they believe is capitalism is the reason the planet is warming, why there is racism, and why American white Christian males are to blame for everything. That is all they know. That is where we are.

DO989U1XcAAM_5C.jpg

If ever there was an argument for the Electoral College... this may be it.

This is a GREAT representation of why the Electoral College is needed. It's to prevent majority mob rule. If we used the popular vote then the Presidential candidates would never visit places like New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Iowa, etc. The people in those states would be an after thought and they truly would be the "fly over" states. As it stands now a farmer in Iowa has a much say as a high profile Hollywood actor living in Los Angeles.

DO989U1XcAAM_5C.jpg

We are more productive than most of those states. We are also diverse and accepting.
We are not affected by trumps racism, we have illegals who are decent people that came here to better their lives. Leave us alone.

NOPE....you came here to fuck over REAL Americans and drop your anchor babies in the laps of good people...you're packing your shit and headed back to where you belong...the clock is ticking, you know this and you're pissing your pants.
CA=12% of the nations population...33% of the nations welfare recipients
CA=20.6% of residents live in poverty, the highest rate in the nation
CA=Home to more illegals than any other state..coincidence?
CA=Home to more incarcerated than any other state
Any questions?

DO989U1XcAAM_5C.jpg

We are more productive than most of those states. We are also diverse and accepting.
We are not affected by trumps racism, we have illegals who are decent people that came here to better their lives. Leave us alone.
The rest of the country is leaving you assholes alone. Check out the stats on the number of businesses/people AKA$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!! leaving your shithole.
Whenever the subject of the EC is brought up a good question is: What do you think the people in the small states would think if the EC was removed?

So, apparently, if you champion diversity, you should champion the EC so that diverse viewpoints are better represented. If you want the choices of the historically underrepresented to be heard, you should champion the EC.

So why do liberals want a few urban centers to elect the president?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, apparently, if you champion diversity, you should champion the EC so that diverse viewpoints are better represented. If you want the choices of the historically underrepresented to be heard, you should champion the EC.

The reasons why is obvious.

The EC is designed to officially elect the only two representatives all states have in common, the president and vice president. It gives smaller states that are already disadvantaged a slight over-representation and since it is embedded in the Constitution, it will never be changed since no one in their right mind relinquishes this kind of power. The Democrats have an advantage in fact in that they always get an automatic 3 EC votes that don't even originate from a state.

`
`

I have no problem with the Electoral College and neither did the democrats, until Hillary got beat.
Democratic winning presidents have always won the popular vote along with winning the electoral college....

The Republican presidents as of late, not so much...and that's when it's the issue...when a president doesn't even come close to winning the popular vote of the people yet wins the presidency through the electoral college only...and not by its citizen's choice too or even close to its citizen's choice too....

And it makes sense for there to be discontent among citizens, when that happens....imo

Democrats all reside in very few states. Imagine if the Senate was like the House and based on population by political parties. The Democrats would have about 40 votes. You libs should be thankful that the Senate is as close as it is, or you would become irrelevant.

The EC is designed to officially elect the only two representatives all states have in common, the president and vice president. It gives smaller states that are already disadvantaged a slight over-representation and since it is embedded in the Constitution, it will never be changed since no one in their right mind relinquishes this kind of power. The Democrats have an advantage in fact in that they always get an automatic 3 EC votes that don't even originate from a state.

The smaller states weren't 'already' disadvantaged. The smaller states are HUGELY advantaged by the allocation of Senators.

If an electoral college type system is so much more democratic (which of course it isn't)

why isn't some form of it done at every level of government, in every electon???

`
`

I have no problem with the Electoral College and neither did the democrats, until Hillary got beat.
Actually, I've heard arguments and seen petitions for eliminating the Electoral College for years. It happens every time there is an election.
I think we could do away with it, because it is just plain nonsense that if you live in a certain place you will automatically vote a certain way. That's just the Republicans being afraid of wasting all the gerrymandering efforts they went through in order to get an edge on the elections, is what I hear. Every other election in this country is now one-human-one-vote and we certainly have the technology and logistical capability to do it without any problem.

why we need electoral college:Los Angeles county is home to more people than each of these 41 states

One person, one vote. People vote - not acres. Or, are acres now people, too? That would make humans competing with corporations and acres.
Only in the world's most advanced democracy can one gather fewer votes and yet win.

And it is telling that some posters on this thread hold their fellow Americans in such disdain. Are they arguing there is a "real America" and a "contemptible America" existing side by side?

As for me, I'll take the places with universities, concert halls, museums and art galleries. The places with major sports franchises and restaurants and cosmopolitan outlooks. They can keep the soy bean fields, the cattle ranches and the trailer parks.
Oooohhhh--you really messed that one up with your final sentence. You can't eat without them. Be very, very grateful for them.

Dem's are sore losers its that simple. If their policies and ideology is so popular why didn't they obliterate the GOP hmmm? 8 years of Obama and what was the result, they lost the House in historical losses, they lost the Senate, and Trump of all people whooped their ass in the presidential election winning 30 states including 3 Dem blue states.

The smaller states weren't 'already' disadvantaged. The smaller states are HUGELY advantaged by the allocation of Senators.
Clearly, I was addressing the election of the president and the EC. The Senate does not elect the president, even if the EC is tied.

Clearly, I was addressing the election of the president and the EC. The Senate does not elect the president, even if the EC is tied.

The Senate has a voice in all federal legislation and many federal appointments and therefore one Senator representing a million people is a huge advantage for those people over the one Senator representing 30 million people.

Forum List

Back