why we need electoral college:Los Angeles county is home to more people than each of these 41 states

why we need electoral college:Los Angeles county is home to more people than each of these 41 states

One person, one vote. People vote - not acres. Or, are acres now people, too? That would make humans competing with corporations and acres.
Only in the world's most advanced democracy can one gather fewer votes and yet win.

And it is telling that some posters on this thread hold their fellow Americans in such disdain. Are they arguing there is a "real America" and a "contemptible America" existing side by side?

As for me, I'll take the places with universities, concert halls, museums and art galleries. The places with major sports franchises and restaurants and cosmopolitan outlooks. They can keep the soy bean fields, the cattle ranches and the trailer parks.
Oooohhhh--you really messed that one up with your final sentence. You can't eat without them. Be very, very grateful for them.
I wrote that as a response to folks who love to post maps of the United,States after elections. Huge swaths of the nation are depicted in red while blue shows up on the coasts and as isolated dots where there are major cities and/or college towns.

All that red, yet nobody lives there! There are more people in Brooklyn than there are in North Dakota. Yet North Dakota shows up as a mass of red in the central northern part of the map while Brooklyn shows up like the period at the end of this sentence.

Last edited:
A vote should be a vote regardless of where you live
And so it is.

No it isn't

For President, A vote in Wyoming counts five times what a vote in California counts
A vote in WY can deliver 3 EVs for the candidate, one in CA can deliver 55.

Actually a vote (of an individual) in either of those states is absolutely meaningless. And the shitstem is set up to keep it that way.

Let's say you live in Wyoming and your desired candidate is Clinton. Save your steps, because you can go vote for Rump, or you can go vote for Clinton, or you can go toss a protest vote for Gary Johnson, or you can stay home and make lasagna. All four actions produce exactly the same result, which is that the electors of Wyoming present themselves to Congress and go, "wow it's amazing, literally everybody in Wyoming voted for the Republican -- why this hasn't happened in four whole years!". And they do that every four years, and it's bullshit every four years.

So that "a vote in Wyoming" or "a vote in California" doesn't "deliver" jack squat. It's an exercise in abject futility.

Everybody who voted for other-than-Rump in Wyoming, and everybody who voted for other-than-Clinton in California, had their vote tossed in the trash. And that's why we have an abysmal turnout rate -- 55% in the last one. Because for anybody in a California or a Wyoming --- what's the point?

And then we pretend there's nothing wrong with that picture. That's so cute.

And so it is.

No it isn't

For President, A vote in Wyoming counts five times what a vote in California counts

Actually a vote (of an individual) in either of those states is absolutely meaningless. And the shitstem is set up to keep it that way.

Let's say you live in Wyoming and your desired candidate is Clinton. Save your steps, because you can go vote for Rump, or you can go vote for Clinton, or you can go toss a protest vote for Gary Johnson, or you can stay home and make lasagna. All four actions produce exactly the same result, which is that the electors of Wyoming present themselves to Congress and go, "wow it's amazing, literally everybody in Wyoming voted for the Republican -- why this hasn't happened in four whole years!". And they do that every four years, and it's bullshit every four years.

So that "a vote in Wyoming" or "a vote in California" doesn't "deliver" jack squat. It's an exercise in abject futility.

Everybody who voted for other-than-Rump in Wyoming, and everybody who voted for other-than-Clinton in California, had their vote tossed in the trash. And that's why we have an abysmal turnout rate -- 55% in the last one. Because for anybody in a California or a Wyoming --- what's the point?

So don't vote. I encourage it.

I sent in my absentee to CA not because I thought it would swing the state, but because I was disgusted enough with Hillary's sleaze and it was important to me at least. It didn't work in CA, but it did in a lot of states.

And so it is.

No it isn't

600,000 people in Wyoming get 3 EVs (200,000 per EV)
In California, 40 million people get 55 Evs (727,000 per EV)......California deserves 200 EVs

And so it is.

No it isn't

In California, 40 million people get 55 Evs (727,000 per EV)......California deserves 200 EVs
I see that math isn't your forté. As I told the other snowflake, don't vote and whine instead cuz nothing's gong to change.

And so it is.

No it isn't

Regardless of your poor math skills, of that 40 million 50% are illegal

And so it is.

No it isn't

I sent in my absentee to CA not because I thought it would swing the state, but because I was disgusted enough with Hillary's sleaze and it was important to me at least. It didn't work in CA, but it did in a lot of states.

That's interesting --- since you're from Philadelphia.

Oopsie.

And so it is.

No it isn't

Regardless of your poor math skills, of that 40 million 50% are illegal

Regardless of yours, you have no link.

Oh wait --- Rump sent a tweet, didn't he. Well there's all the evidence the braindead need.

DO989U1XcAAM_5C.jpg

If ever there was an argument for the Electoral College... this may be it.
We should not be penalized for people wanting to live in one area and not the other. Majority of the voters is what should count.

DO989U1XcAAM_5C.jpg

If ever there was an argument for the Electoral College... this may be it.

You seem to present a very good reason for eliminating the electoral college.

Our founding fathers were brilliant....they knew some day Mexifornia and Loon York would be over-populated with illegals and low grade, barely American filth. They knew these total pieces of shits would only cast their vote for politicians who would foster and support the manifestation of their filth and assist in morphing America into a thirdworld shithole.
It's just that simple Loons....haha...you're so fucked. Your quest to rival Somalia won't happen anytime soon.....Now pull your head from your ass, get to work and do something productive...hahaha

Our founding fathers were brilliant....they knew some day Mexifornia and Loon York would be over-populated with illegals and low grade, barely American filth. They knew these total pieces of shits would only cast their vote for politicians who would foster and support the manifestation of their filth and assist in morphing America into a thirdworld shithole.
It's just that simple Loons....haha...you're so fucked. Your quest to rival Somalia won't happen anytime soon.....Now pull your head from your ass, get to work and do something productive...hahaha

And Texas?

R-3316353-1365672555-3000.jpeg.jpg

I found that interesting, every state averages 10.76 EVs. The states "penalized" for having large populations are in order:

CA 55
TX 38
FL 29
NY 29
PA 20
IL 20
OH 18
MI 16
GA 16
NC 15

and the rest are too near the average to make any difference. 7 or the ten went for Trump anyway.

And so it is.

No it isn't

I see that math isn't your forté. As I told the other snowflake, don't vote and whine instead cuz nothing's gong to change.

Lets give California the 200 EVs they deserve

They have 67 times the population of Wyoming, they deserve 67 times the EVs

`
`

I have no problem with the Electoral College and neither did the democrats, until Hillary got beat.
Do you not remember Bush's victory? A Republican has not won the Presidency with the popular vote for quite some time.

Lost six of the last seven in fact, and the one they did squeak out was a squeaker.

As far as who makes noise about "having problems with it" there's still this.....

donald-trump.png

Rump declares that losing the pop vote and yet winning the election demands "revolution".

Well, Rumpbots? Batter up.

And so it is.

No it isn't

That's interesting --- since you're from Philadelphia.

Oopsie.
From Philly? I was born there, left when I was one and visited it for two days in 1986 to watch the great Rick Schu play 3rd at Veteran's Stadium.

And so it is.

No it isn't

No it can't

It takes 300,001 votes to deliver those 3 EVs in Wyoming
20,000,001 to deliver those 55 in California
Sorry, I'm not going to waste my time teaching you math and civics. Public schooling eh?

Forum List

Back