Why voting is important

So from the news reports this evening there was a shouting match between McCarthy and Gaetz.
McCarthy said "pass the fucking continuing resolution" (to get some breathing room to avoid a shutdown)
Gaetz yelled back "pass the fucking budget" (meaning the shutdown be damned)

So McCarthy has to pass two important Bills and doesn't have the time nor votes to pass either,,,,whats a mother to do?
The House democrats love it. Its crunch-time for McCarthy, can he pull off the CR?
He has an impossible job. But who could replace him ?

The Department of Justice’s office of legal counsel opined: “The House of Representatives must expressly authorize a committee to conduct an impeachment investigation and to use compulsory process in that investigation before the committee may compel the production of documents or testimony in support of the House’s power of impeachment.”

Unfortunately for Trump and his allies, the opinion remains on the books and binds the present administration. As a result, the justice department and the White House will be able to smile as they stiff-arm House Republicans.

It beggars belief that the GOP has forgotten about this.

It seems like a schoolboy error.. But the truth of it is that kev didnt want a vote because he hadnt got the votes. It looks more and more a disaster for the GOP and those of us who would like clarity on the charges.

It doesnt seem worth the bother just to appease the crazies.

I am sure the legal experts on here will be able to straighten me out on this one.
You don't have a vote foreigner

He has an impossible job. But who could replace him ?
Exactly.
If the Budget Deficit isn't cut the US credit rating will collapse to junk, and the dollar will collapse to what Greece was.
As McCarthy recognized, only about 11% of the Budget can be cut, the rest is "mandatory spending" entitlements+interest on the Debt
His conundrum, aka "reality" is that we need to raise revenue with new taxes, which Republicans reject out of hand.
I'm not optimistic that McCarthy can find a magic solution, which means we are headed for the fiscal cliff at warp speed.
Trump's Budget was $4T, Biden's Budget is $6.9T, so maybe there are some savings to be had.

The Department of Justice’s office of legal counsel opined: “The House of Representatives must expressly authorize a committee to conduct an impeachment investigation and to use compulsory process in that investigation before the committee may compel the production of documents or testimony in support of the House’s power of impeachment.”

Unfortunately for Trump and his allies, the opinion remains on the books and binds the present administration. As a result, the justice department and the White House will be able to smile as they stiff-arm House Republicans.

It seems like a schoolboy error.. But the truth of it is that kev didnt want a vote because he hadnt got the votes. It looks more and more a disaster for the GOP and those of us who would like clarity on the charges.

I am sure the legal experts on here will be able to straighten me out on this one.

Who did you vote for in the race for your King?

Otherwise its just a kangaroo court.

Is there a rule in the house that requires it? OLC doesn’t make the rules in the house.

Hell, an impeachment inquiry isn’t even required for an impeachment.

I'm trying to figure out how voting is important where Xiden and Giggles are running shit into the ground.

More people voted in 2020 than ever before, and the reason was the left invited COVID and riots, which resulted in ballot harvesting aimed at the dumbest and laziest among us. Let's be honest.

At this point we're in a free fall, a real dumbing down while the GOVT is progressively corrupt.

If we had decent people to vote for, then voting would be worth it. But we get retards like Biden and Trump. And really only 2 party's.

I've cast enough 3rd party votes and write in to know it's all just a waste of time.

But the California Democrat [Pelosi] has reiterated she has no intention to hold a floor vote and has stated her belief that one is not required to launch an inquiry—a conviction that is backed by legal experts and the Constitution.

"There is nothing in the Constitution that requires a full House vote to launch an impeachment inquiry," Berkeley Law School Dean Erwin Chemerinsky told Newsweek. "That has been done before, but it is not a constitutional requirement. President Trump is wrong in saying that it is not a legitimate impeachment inquiry without a floor vote."

I guess it's no fun when the other team uses your moves against you.

"My Kevin" said he would hold a House vote before initiating an inquiry.

Then he discovered there is a significant number of House Republicans who do not want such an inquiry, who don't believe a word of Comer's hoaxes, and a vote would go down in flames.

McCarthy then did an end run around them to appease the tard contingent.

The impeachment inquiry is theater for the rubes.

Like those 60+ Republican Obamacare repeals while Obama was in office that magically went away once they had all the power.

The rubes never catch on they are being hoaxed. Which incentivizes more hoaxes.

Forum List

Back