Why Trump’s big Wall Street payday won’t bail him out of financial trouble

But Trump’s stake will be tied up for much of the year under a so-called lock-up agreement, a normal arrangement for such deals to ensure that insiders don’t bail as soon as a company goes public and push down the stock price.

Trump could try to obtain a waiver from that rule, but even then he wouldn’t be able to sell more than a small fraction of his stake at any given time — up to 1 percent of the outstanding shares every quarter. And if he eventually does unload a large quantity of stock, the ramifications could be significant, according to investors and others watching the deal. That’s because Trump himself is the heart of the venture, they say, and any sign that his interest is waning could chill investors.

“It’s simply trading on Trump’s name,” said Kristi Marvin, founder of SPACInsider, a research firm. “People aren’t buying this because they like the fundamentals — they’re buying this because they like Trump.”

IOW, the $44 valuation is based on thin air. Or perhaps I should say hot air. At $3M in revenue it should be a penny stock.

Is $3M profit?

Refute what? Trump can't cash the shares for $3 billion, dummy.
/——/ I never said he could until the lockup expires. All I’m saying is he made $3 Billion in one day after you morons claimed he’s stupid, incompetent and can’t make money on his own.

But, the NY fraud case was so thoroughly proven by virtue of irrefutable, pretrial evidence presented by James he was found to have defrauded banks and insurance companies. It's settled based on overwhelming evidence. He only chance for relief is to get the fine reduced.

What evidence?

No victims. No losses.

NO CRIME!

But, the NY fraud case was so thoroughly proven by virtue of irrefutable, pretrial evidence presented by James he was found to have defrauded banks and insurance companies. It's settled based on overwhelming evidence. He only chance for relief is to get the fine reduced.
/——/ You clowns are pathetic.

/——/ Trump makes $3 billion in one day and all you azzclowns got is BUT BUT BUT. I can’t stop laughing.

KEY POINTS
The price of shares in Digital World Acquisition Corp. closed trading nearly 14% lower than their opening price.
The sharp drop came after the shell company's shareholders approved a merger with the social media company owned by former President Donald Trump.
The newly merged company, Trump Media, could begin trading under the new ticker DJT next week.
Trump holds a majority of shares in the new company, which would be worth $3 billion or more.

KEY POINTS
The price of shares in Digital World Acquisition Corp. closed trading nearly 14% lower than their opening price.
The sharp drop came after the shell company's shareholders approved a merger with the social media company owned by former President Donald Trump.
The newly merged company, Trump Media, could begin trading under the new ticker DJT next week.
Trump holds a majority of shares in the new company, which would be worth $3 billion or more.
/----/ I bought it in 2023 at $16. A little profit taking is expected. Besides, I write cover calls every week so my cost basis is less. Click on 1 year on this chart.

Seriously? Its value is currently based on hopes and dreams. It have few advertisers, low membership, and almost no cash flow. It loses money every day. You'd have to be an idiot to buy into that.
/——/ I don’t make investments based on emotions. I see an opportunity to make money on options and appreciation, and so far so good.
I watch it everyday and am ready to bail if and when it’s no longer profitable.
Currently, on 900 shares I write covered calls for $1,800 in weekly income. No reason to stop.

But Trump’s stake will be tied up for much of the year under a so-called lock-up agreement, a normal arrangement for such deals to ensure that insiders don’t bail as soon as a company goes public and push down the stock price.

Trump could try to obtain a waiver from that rule, but even then he wouldn’t be able to sell more than a small fraction of his stake at any given time — up to 1 percent of the outstanding shares every quarter. And if he eventually does unload a large quantity of stock, the ramifications could be significant, according to investors and others watching the deal. That’s because Trump himself is the heart of the venture, they say, and any sign that his interest is waning could chill investors.

“It’s simply trading on Trump’s name,” said Kristi Marvin, founder of SPACInsider, a research firm. “People aren’t buying this because they like the fundamentals — they’re buying this because they like Trump.”

IOW, the $44 valuation is based on thin air. Or perhaps I should say hot air. At $3M in revenue it should be a penny stock.
Aww..thats a shame.

Forum List

Back