Why Time’s Trump cover is a subversive work of (jewish) political art

Octoldit

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2008
donalt-trump.jpg

HAARETZ – Time Magazine’s annual “Person of the Year” announcement is, year after year, grossly misunderstood. Time Magazine is clear on its sole criterion – “the person who had the greatest influence, for better or worse, on the events of the year” – yet, do a simple search on Twitter and you will find countless people who seem to think that the “Person of the Year” selection is tantamount to an endorsement. Previous winners have included Joseph Stalin (1939, 1942), Ayatollah Khomeini (1979), Adolf Hitler (1938), and other figures who I think it is safe to assume the Time staff does not endorse.

This year, it should come as no surprise that President-elect Donald Trump was chosen to grace the cover of Time’s annual issue (shot by Jewish photographer Nadav Kander). “For better or worse,” Trump, during his campaign and now after his election, has certainly been among the greatest influences on the events of the year. For clues as to how Time feels about that question – is it “for better or worse?” – we can look to the image chosen for the cover of the issue.
The decisions that Time made regarding how to photograph Trump reveal a layered, nuanced field of references that place the image among, in this viewer’s opinion, the magazine’s greatest covers.
In order to deconstruct the image, let’s focus on three key elements (leaving aside the placement of the ‘M’ in ‘Time’ that makes it look like Trump has red horns): the color, the pose, and the chair.
THE COLOR
Notice how the colors appear slightly washed out, slightly muted, soft. The palette creates what we might call a vintage effect. The image’s sharpness and detail reveal the contemporaneity of the picture, but the color suggests an older type of film, namely, Kodachrome. Kodachrome, the recently discontinued film produced by Kodak, was designed to create accurate color reproduction in the early 1900s. It was immensely popular between the late 30s and 70s, and its distinctive look defines our common visual concept of nostalgia.

By reproducing a Kodachrome color palette, the Time cover makes us reimagine the cover as if it were an image from the era of Kodachrome’s mass popularity. (Where your mind goes when thinking about leaders from the era of World War Two, segregation, and the Cold War era is up to you.) This visual-temporal shift in a sense mirrors a lot of the drives that fueled Trump’s rise.
Trump ran a campaign based on regressive policies and attitudes – anti-environmental protection, anti-abortion, pro-coal, etc. This election was not just about regressive policy choices, but also about traditional values (defined primarily by the Christian right), about nostalgia for American greatness and security, about nostalgia for a pre-globalized world.

COMPLETE ARTICLE LINK: Why Time’s Trump cover is a subversive work of (jewish) political art

We control everything in your life. Someone has to.

shrug.jpg

Get over it.

The critique of art published by a self stimulator for ha'aretz is INTERESTING---
but I fail to see the SUBVERSION

So both Jews and Trump are disparaged in this article.

I can't tell if this is Godwins law or a double whammy of it.

HAARETZ – Time Magazine’s annual “Person of the Year”...... This year, it should come as no surprise that President-elect Donald Trump was chosen to grace the cover of Time’s annual issue (shot by Jewish photographer Nadav Kander).
Wise choice. Jews make the best photographers. It must be something in their DNA. They always do the best work at reasonable prices. Whenever I have family portraits done I make sure the photographer is Jewish, otherwise .... no deal! Same with mechanics - only Jews please! Barbers, plumbers, window cleaners. In fact I travel several miles extra to take my child to a school where I know the teacher is Jewish. It's too bad that I'm not Jewish myself, otherwise I could probably take my child to an All -Jew school.
sigh.gif

HAARETZ – Time Magazine’s annual “Person of the Year”...... This year, it should come as no surprise that President-elect Donald Trump was chosen to grace the cover of Time’s annual issue (shot by Jewish photographer Nadav Kander).
Wise choice. Jews make the best photographers. It must be something in their DNA. They always do the best work at reasonable prices. Whenever I have family portraits done I make sure the photographer is Jewish, otherwise .... no deal! Same with mechanics - only Jews please! Barbers, plumbers, window cleaners. In fact I travel several miles extra to take my child to a school where I know the teacher is Jewish. It's too bad that I'm not Jewish myself, otherwise I could probably take my child to an All -Jew school.
sigh.gif

barbers? I thought all barbers are ITALIAN------kinda like pizza makers

... Jews make the best photographers. It must be something in their DNA. They always do the best work at reasonable prices. Whenever I have family portraits done I make sure the photographer is Jewish, otherwise .... no deal! Same with mechanics - only Jews please! Barbers, plumbers, window cleaners. In fact I travel several miles extra to take my child to a school where I know the teacher is Jewish. It's too bad that I'm not Jewish myself, otherwise I could probably take my child to an All -Jew school.
sigh.gif

barbers? I thought all barbers are ITALIAN------kinda like pizza makers
Italians? Barbers? Oh shit! You're right! I made a mistake. I mean that other profession that starts with the letter "B".

sigh.gif
Problem with mechanics is most of them are stupid, but it takes an intelligent person to diagnose the problems.

Thing is, most intelligent people want nothing to do with fixing bloody cars for a living. So there's your problem right there.

If you can get a Jew or otherwise intelligent mechanic, it's so much better.

I went to a jewess psychiatrist once. I couldn't believe how quick she was. It was incredible. Sadly, she was a feminist and a transphobe so it didn't work out.

I really didn't get the point of the article at all. Black Lives Matter, is just another racists immoral group of criminal supporters.

Not sure what it has to do with anything.

Beyond that, my experience is that soldiers make insulting remarks at each other all the time. The idea that "he's trained with a gun, so no one will insult him", is ridiculous. Maybe in the IDF, I don't know. But my entire family has been through the military and it all of them tell many stories that there is a pecking order, and people are routinely abused.

This idea that all these different groups join the military and magically start holding hands, and start singing "you've got a friend" (that dates me I'm sure)... is crazy talk.

Moreover, while I grasp the idea that when you go into combat, or into a danger zone, everyone stows their mental crap, and everyone deals with everyone.

You have to, to survive. So people who hate blacks, the moment the first bullet flies, they are going to guard your butt, and you are going to guard his butt. And as long as you are in that situation, everyone is going to work together, no matter what, to survive.

I get that.

But once those people leave the military, all that stuff comes right back.

If that wasn't the case, then Israel should be the universally most accepting place on the face of the Earth. Because everyone is required by law, to give military service. And given that Israel is constantly being attacked, every single month.... by now all prejudice and racism, and sexism, should be completely eliminated from the whole country.

It isn't. Israel has the same problems as all countries do.

So in short.... I think the article posted is 100% wrong.

Problem with mechanics is most of them are stupid, but it takes an intelligent person to diagnose the problems.
Thing is, most intelligent people want nothing to do with fixing bloody cars for a living. So there's your problem right there.
You've hit the nail right on the head. The trick is to find a Jewish diagnostic center and a Jew who also supervises the inevitable atheist mechanic (they being the laziest of mankind) through the various phases of reparation. If you can arrange that, Bob's your uncle!

I went to a jewess psychiatrist once. I couldn't believe how quick she was. It was incredible. Sadly, she was a feminist and a transphobe so it didn't work out.
Oh, very sorry. That was a pity.

You've hit the nail right on the head. The trick is to find a Jewish diagnostic center and a Jew who also supervises the inevitable atheist mechanic (they being the laziest of mankind) through the various phases of reparation. If you can arrange that, Bob's your uncle!

Oh, very sorry. That was a pity.
There was a Jewish mechanic in Queensland and he did me the cheapest deal on heaps of work. Once he fitted a new band for the aircon for free while I waited.

There was a Jewish mechanic in Queensland and he did me the cheapest deal on heaps of work. Once he fitted a new band for the aircon for free while I waited.
You see. All of these whinging wankers who blame the Jews for every ailment under the sun, they know nothing! I actually worked in a hardware store for a Jew in Sydney. He was fair dinkum, he was.

sigh.gif

Your definition of stupid is anyone who does believe or accept all the fake news, all the so-called "entertainment" by exploitation Zionist media, and females who don't murder their babies.

What a clueless moron.

Find a way to correct your disfunction.

Funky iceberg!

Last edited:
sigh.gif

Your definition of stupid is anyone who does believe or accept all the fake news, so-called entertainment by exploitation Zionist media, and females who don't murder their babies.

What a clueless moron.

Find a way to correct your disfunction.

Funky iceberg!
I've always been against the media and I am against the murdering of babies.

Forum List

Back