Why the media focus on Asperger's Syndrome?

Does Aspergers affect your ability to feel empathy?

He had many more issues than just Aspergers, which is a condition that varies greatly in each individual anyway. It IS very irresponsible and shameless the way MSM keeps referring to it, as if that's why the guy did what he did. He probably was over-medicated, had other severe personality disorders, and other issues like his parents' divorce and relationship, or lack of relationship, with his father and brother, and probably other issues that we don't yet know about. And apparently an obsession with violent shoot-em-up video games.

The MSM is much of the problem and then when you add in the internet with all the "experts" with their computers.....well you know.

By the way, has there been any official medical confirmation that Lanza was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome? I suspect the privacy laws we live with would indicate there has not been.

Yes, the brother seems pretty vague about whether any official diagnoses of any kind was made, and it could be that the mom didn't allow him to be treated. In fact she pulled him from school and home-schooled him.

Asperger's, guns, and divorce: What we know about Connecticut massacre suspect Adam Lanza - The Week

Does Aspergers affect your ability to feel empathy?

Not as a rule. The level of empathy however does not equal a penchant for violence based on historical data, with Asperger's at least. I am not certain how violence and impaired ability to empathize affects the rest of the population that is not suffering from Aspergerer's.

My cousin with Asperger's is more empathetic than I am.

:badgrin::lol::eusa_clap:

So you admit you're crazy....as well as a piece of shit.

As somebody who has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome it disturbs me to see the media focus on that as one of the possible reasons behind the CT school shooting. Not only that, but both people from the "compassionate right" and the "tolerant left" have pointed towards Asperger's as one of the ways in which the shooter was "mentally ill". I ask that people educate themselves before jumping to conclusions on why this tragedy took place. Crazy is crazy, and Asperger's Syndrome had nothing to do with it.

Asperger syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He had many more issues than just Aspergers, which is a condition that varies greatly in each individual anyway. It IS very irresponsible and shameless the way MSM keeps referring to it, as if that's why the guy did what he did. He probably was over-medicated, had other severe personality disorders, and other issues like his parents' divorce and relationship, or lack of relationship, with his father and brother, and probably other issues that we don't yet know about. And apparently an obsession with violent shoot-em-up video games.

The MSM is much of the problem and then when you add in the internet with all the "experts" with their computers.....well you know.

By the way, has there been any official medical confirmation that Lanza was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome? I suspect the privacy laws we live with would indicate there has not been.

Yes, the brother seems pretty vague about whether any official diagnoses of any kind was made, and it could be that the mom didn't allow him to be treated. In fact she pulled him from school and home-schooled him.

Asperger's, guns, and divorce: What we know about Connecticut massacre suspect Adam Lanza - The Week

If he was indeed officially diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome I would be shocked if any medical professional claims that diagnosis and that syndrome is why this boy did what he did.

As somebody who has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome it disturbs me to see the media focus on that as one of the possible reasons behind the CT school shooting. Not only that, but both people from the "compassionate right" and the "tolerant left" have pointed towards Asperger's as one of the ways in which the shooter was "mentally ill". I ask that people educate themselves before jumping to conclusions on why this tragedy took place. Crazy is crazy, and Asperger's Syndrome had nothing to do with it.

Wow! Did you really post this in response to this poster's personal revelation? Unreal.

Thank you. I've been saying this over and over again. People who are spouting this nonsense that Asperger's syndrome is a "reason" why this kid killed people have no idea what they are talking about. There was something else far more sinister going on with this kid than Asperger's.

his mother didnt get him treatment for his illness and she taught him how to use these guns and allowed him access to them

Uh the shitbag posted numerous insults about my parents for no reason when I created a thread about the shooter's parents having some responsibilty. At first it seemed very weird for this freak to talk shit about my parents when this shitbag never met them, but now it's clear why the shitbag acts like the shooter.......both are insane.

Hopefully this shitbag mouths off to someone within fist distance of his face.

Wow! Did you really post this in response to this poster's personal revelation? Unreal.

Last edited:
Further information: Asperger syndrome and interpersonal relationships
A lack of demonstrated empathy has a significant impact on aspects of communal living for persons with Asperger syndrome

So if a person with Aspergers cannot demonstrate empathy, doesn't it make it easier for them to shoot up a classroom full of first graders?

Simple question. Has anyone confirmed that the kid had asbergers?
As far as I have heard it has only been second hand information and hearsay.
Has anyone spoken to his doctor and gotten the information directly from him?

someone with asbergers can be also insane.

Are you a doctor? Please produce the official medical evidence to support this claim? Also learn to spell the syndrome correctly.

By the way, anyone can go insane. Anyone, including you.

his mother didnt get him treatment for his illness and she taught him how to use these guns and allowed him access to them

his mother didnt get him treatment for his illness

His private medical history and treatment has been posted online somewhere? Wow! What happened to HIPAA? Got a link to prove what you claim to be true?

Summary of the HIPAA Privacy Rule

its from the police interviews with her family and friends

Simple question. Has anyone confirmed that the kid had asbergers?
As far as I have heard it has only been second hand information and hearsay.
Has anyone spoken to his doctor and gotten the information directly from him?

See my same post above asking the same.

Forum List

Back