Why some Americans don't celebrate Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is just another random holiday for all the sheep to follow. Now sheep, next stop is xmas, go buy presents. :biggrin:
If being a sheep means feasting on Turkey and watching football, I'm in!

Thanksgiving is just another random holiday for all the sheep to follow. Now sheep, next stop is xmas, go buy presents. :biggrin:
You don't have to wait like sheep to eat turkey, did you know that you can eat it any day of the fucking year if you want to? :biggrin:

You don't have to wait like sheep to eat turkey, did you know that you can eat it any day of the fucking year if you want to? :biggrin:
Most days are not Holidays. I like holidays. Seems like you don't.

Most days are not Holidays. I like holidays. Seems like you don't.
I'm just not sheep-like, and don't follow the crowds... like sheep do.

Indians should be more thankful that the white man came along and showed them stuff, otherwise why aren't they all still living in teepees and riding horses if they didn't like what we brought them?

China has the same attitude about Tibet and Xinjiang. Apparently it's better to have a decent flat but no culture.
Who is stopping spear chuckers from having a culture? :dunno:

China, the US, Russia, the UK, France...... and some.
They are stopping American Indians from having a culture? :wtf:

Yes, more or less.

Many Native Americans see Thanksgiving as an embellished narrative of “Pilgrims and Natives looking past their differences” to break bread.

Professor Robert Jensen of the University of Texas at Austin said: “One indication of moral progress in the United States would be the replacement of Thanksgiving Day and its self-indulgent family feasting with a National Day of Atonement accompanied by a self-reflective collective fasting.”"
Frigidweirdo, that’s called Ash Wednesday. And you would know that if you had looked beyond your blanket hatred of religion at its surface level. Maybe you should be surprised that Christians, Jews & other faiths already emphasize fasting & atonement for sins. Duh.

It’s snowflakes always looking for something to cry about who want every fucking day of the year to be a day of white guilt where people who don’t tan well, 350 years hence, are whipped shirtless in a public square with a cat o’ nine tails.

Has it ever occurred to you that even if we could prove your theory that Thanksgiving wasn’t about the Natives lending pilgrims a helping hand, and it was born from Natives being massacred, that we might need a holiday where we teach our kids that every now & then Europeans & Natives came together & helped each other? Because there were incidences of that. What a positive & healing message going forward to teach FUTURE generations to bring a different emphasis between the two races.

I’ve known many Native Americans in my 50+ years. I’m part Native myself. I spent a couple of weeks in elementary school exchange program back in the 1970s, living with Hopi & Navaho families in Arizona. Native tribes to this day emphasize (not just note, but emphasize) atrocities done by Europeans (whites) & raise their kids often to hate peoples who don’t tan well today. Even if those people recently immigrated from on Finland or Sweden & had nothing whatsoever to do with our country’s early race issues. Do you see the problem & how encouraging racism from any angle is wrong?

We need Thanksgiving. Now that your neo freakazoid cult has gotten a hold of it, we will be burying it soon next to the Ten Commandment plaques which ironically are also about teaching future generations to get along & be kind to each other.

Your cult is so about opposing stuff & embracing insanity that it contradicts itself often. Your cult takes cliches & labels & looks no deeper before it launches an assault. Plus, your cult are fun suckers. Go back in the closet & flog yourselves & stop demanding everyone else does it with you by force of law. Ok?

Last edited:
More Leftist, guilt ridden drivel. Don't like Thanksgiving, don't celebrate it, but don't force YOUR VIEWS on others to make them feel guilty for White Europeans creating the best country in the world.

Thanksgiving: Why some Americans don't celebrate the controversial holiday

"Thanksgiving is considered by some to be a “national day of mourning”"

"
Like Columbus Day, the holiday is viewed by many to be a celebration of the conquest of Native Americans by colonists.

Many Native Americans see Thanksgiving as an embellished narrative of “Pilgrims and Natives looking past their differences” to break bread.

Professor Robert Jensen of the University of Texas at Austin said: “One indication of moral progress in the United States would be the replacement of Thanksgiving Day and its self-indulgent family feasting with a National Day of Atonement accompanied by a self-reflective collective fasting.”"

Simple OP translation: liberals are miserable people who want everyone else to be as miserable as they are. That's why they hate, hate, HATE seeing fellow Americans having a wonderful time during an American tradition. Yes, it really is just that simple.

"
Like Columbus Day, the holiday is viewed by many to be a celebration of the conquest of Native Americans by colonists.

LOL, grow up kid.

"

Simple OP translation: liberals are miserable people who want everyone else to be as miserable as they are. That's why they hate, hate, HATE seeing fellow Americans having a wonderful time during an American tradition. Yes, it really is just that simple.

Simple translation from your post: You won't bother to understand other people.

Forum List

Back