Why should intelligent design not be in schools?

Because it has no bearing on reality. We don't teach kids that it rains whenever the sky is sad, we teach them the water cycle.

Of course you do. You also teach that taking pills, stuffing pads over the pectorals and cutting one's dick off will make a man a woman.

Oh. The science.
Great point, for some science no longer matters when there's an agenda to push; some of the biggest self declared adherents of "science" are also the ones claiming that sex shouldn't be defined by biology, just by whatever one "feels like they are". Ironic.
Lol wow. It was a terrible point. And you're a joke for agreeing. That argument has nothing to do with the one you made in the OP.

Au contraire, it has to do with the Democrats' claim of truth through science.
True religion agrees with true science
In hindsight, of course.

Provided that a specific religion isn't taught but merely logical arguments for design, I don't see how it violates the 1st Amendment, especially considering that the American Founders specifically mentioned a creator in the Declaration of Independence.
I smell bible thumper stench
You must be a paranoid bastard if letters up on computer screen
give you the heebey geebes

Of course you do. You also teach that taking pills, stuffing pads over the pectorals and cutting one's dick off will make a man a woman.

Oh. The science.
Great point, for some science no longer matters when there's an agenda to push; some of the biggest self declared adherents of "science" are also the ones claiming that sex shouldn't be defined by biology, just by whatever one "feels like they are". Ironic.
Lol wow. It was a terrible point. And you're a joke for agreeing. That argument has nothing to do with the one you made in the OP.

In hindsight, of course.
Religion lets us know what is essential to our salvation. Some science is there, but not everything.

Provided that a specific religion isn't taught but merely logical arguments for design, I don't see how it violates the 1st Amendment, especially considering that the American Founders specifically mentioned a creator in the Declaration of Independence.

Why can't you people teach your own children that nonsense, on your own time?

We say the same thing about the far left religion, but you drones insist it should be taught in schools..

In hindsight, of course.
Religion lets us know what is essential to our salvation. Some science is there, but not everything.
Sure. Religion does that. In theory. If you're getting your info from the right one. Among thousands throughout history. None of which have any evidence. But whatever.

Because 'intelligent design' was designed specifically to get Christianity taught in schools alongside and equal to the Theory of Evolution. The purveyors of that religion see their grip on unreality slipping to reality so they've been busy coming up with whatever batshit will stick to the wall. The 'creation museum' is one such endeavor into ridiculousness. They have dinosaurs with saddles on them and children playing next to them.

There is nothing intelligent about ID except the way the fake Christians that came up with it are trying to sell it as something it isn't. They are using the big lie because their bigger lie isn't working any more. Their arguments continually lose in the debate in the public square. Myths have a tendency to slowly die out as actual knowledge is gained, and people no longer believe a snake talked or that we are all responsible for one woman eating an apple and therefore subjecting the rest of us to an eternity of torture at the hands of a flying father figure who commands all humans to love him or burn in torture forever. That is what Kim Jong IL does.

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.”
Isaac Newton, The Principia: Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy

In hindsight, of course.
Sure. Religion does that. In theory. If you're getting your info from the right one. Among thousands throughout history. None of which have any evidence. But whatever.
Possibly why Jesus said, to become as little children.
Basically He was saying, You don't know everything, but you know enough

In hindsight, of course.
Possibly why Jesus said, to become as little children.
Basically He was saying, You don't know everything, but you know enough
Oh. So we should stop being curious, and stop looking for answers, because we know enough.

I think you put the idea of Jesus, perhaps the greatest concept invented in human history, to shame.

Everything violates the 1st Amendment unless approved by the Democrats.

You think I'm kidding?

No, I don't think you are kidding I think you actually believe that. Unfortunately, for you, it's wrong.

Of course you don't think I'm kidding. You know it to be true, pod person that you are.

Again, I think you truly believe it. Of course you probably believed all the talk about death panels, the military attacking Texas, and Walmart tunnels.

You think I'm kidding?

No, I don't think you are kidding I think you actually believe that. Unfortunately, for you, it's wrong.

Of course you don't think I'm kidding. You know it to be true, pod person that you are.

Again, I think you truly believe it. Of course you probably believed all the talk about death panels, the military attacking Texas, and Walmart tunnels.

What I believe is that modern-day Democrats are not Americans.

You think I'm kidding?

What I believe is that modern-day Democrats are not Americans.

Of course you do. I'm sure there is a long list of crazy things you believe.

Because 'intelligent design' was designed specifically to get Christianity taught in schools alongside and equal to the Theory of Evolution. The purveyors of that religion see their grip on unreality slipping to reality so they've been busy coming up with whatever batshit will stick to the wall. The 'creation museum' is one such endeavor into ridiculousness. They have dinosaurs with saddles on them and children playing next to them.

There is nothing intelligent about ID except the way the fake Christians that came up with it are trying to sell it as something it isn't. They are using the big lie because their bigger lie isn't working any more. Their arguments continually lose in the debate in the public square. Myths have a tendency to slowly die out as actual knowledge is gained, and people no longer believe a snake talked or that we are all responsible for one woman eating an apple and therefore subjecting the rest of us to an eternity of torture at the hands of a flying father figure who commands all humans to love him or burn in torture forever. That is what Kim Jong IL does.

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.”

I love how you dorks quote people from hundreds of years ago, continually relying on the fallacy that if someone is an authority on one thing they are the authority on all things forever. Before Darwin there were very few people who didn't believe in 'a god'. But it feels good for you to use the fallacy so you use it, and who am I to rain on your delusion. Your world is the world of lowest hanging fruit, even if it is rotten.

Provide some scientific evidence and it can be taught along with evolution

I love how you dorks quote people from hundreds of years ago, continually relying on the fallacy that if someone is an authority on one thing they are the authority on all things. Before Darwin there were very few people who didn't believe in 'a god'. But it feels good for you to use the fallacy so you use it, and who am I to rain on your delusion.
Even before evolutionary theory atheists like the Marquis de Sade believed people were animals and that nothing existed by the material world; I see atheists now try to mischaracterize evolution as having "disproven God" even though it doesn't, it more or less just serves as a "creation myth" for atheists now.

But I think atheists will believe what they want to with or without evolution.

I love how you dorks quote people from hundreds of years ago, continually relying on the fallacy that if someone is an authority on one thing they are the authority on all things. Before Darwin there were very few people who didn't believe in 'a god'. But it feels good for you to use the fallacy so you use it, and who am I to rain on your delusion.
Even before evolutionary theory atheists like the Marquis de Sade believed people were animals and that nothing existed by the material world; I see atheists now try to mischaracterize evolution as having "disproven God" even though it doesn't, it more or less just serves as a "creation myth" for atheists now.

But I think atheists will believe what they want to with or without evolution.
Christians can't believe in evolution?

Nonsense. The people that are behind this so called "intelligent design" are based in Seattle. I have met them and been in their offices several times. They are VERY much Christian fundamentalists that are attempting to use ID to get religion taught in public schools. Nice try. Ain't gonna happen.

American founders did specifically mentioned a creator, but they didn't mention a method of creation. Here is a list of equally valid religious creation stories from around the world. Pick out which one you want to be taught
10 Creation Myths As Strange As The Bible - Listverse

The DoI is not a document of the law, and has no bearing on matters of the law.

Like ‘creationism,’ ‘intelligent design’ is religion – to teach religion in public schools violates the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate. See Edwards v. Aguillard (1987).

Consequently, whether it’s ‘creationism’ or ‘intelligent design,’ the teaching of such religion in public schools in fact violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

Forum List

Back