Why should an independent vote for the democrat nominee?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Of course I'm not an independent but neither is the op of the thread asking why they should vote for Trump.

So let's get down to the brass tax shall we.

What "independent" supports the following issues:
Open borders.
Higher taxes.
Free healthcare for non citizens.
Tearing down the border wall.
Being governed based on the genitalia between someones legs.
Outlawing the combustion engine.
Restricting 1st & 2nd amendment rights.

That's just a few of the asinine ideas promoted by the Democrats. And I submit that if an "independent" supported those ideas they wouldn't be an "independent".

Your last sentence really nails it.
How could anyone claim they are open to voting for either side, when one side wants to completely make a wholesale change in this country ?
Only a partisan could side with today's Dimocrats.

Independents can agree with several issues from both parties, regardless of how the other party tries to distort them.

At the same time, an Independent might be repulsed by the Identity Politics & PC of the Democrats, or the general ugliness of Trumpism.

So, and this only seems to be getting worse, an Independent is stuck voting for the lesser of two evils, whichever way they lean, or an alternative.

This country is in desperate need of a strong and viable third party.

Independents can agree with several issues from both parties, regardless of how the other party tries to distort them.

At the same time, an Independent might be repulsed by the Identity Politics & PC of the Democrats, or the general ugliness of Trumpism.

So, and this only seems to be getting worse, an Independent is stuck voting for the lesser of two evils, whichever way they lean, or an alternative.

But what good would another party do, when nothing is stopping either side right now from supporting more moderate candidates.

If you're an Independent, you might be one of those clueless ones who is just floating, uninformed and uninvolved. That would make you a prime candidate to vote Democrat. But if you're an informed seeker of truth, you'll definitely vote R.

But what good would another party do, when nothing is stopping either side right now from supporting more moderate candidates.
The base in each party is becoming more and more rabid, more purist. There is little room for dissenting opinion in either party.

A strong third party would not only provide a more moderate option, it also might serve to keep the other two from going too far into crazy land.

If you're an Independent, you might be one of those clueless ones who is just floating, uninformed and uninvolved. That would make you a prime candidate to vote Democrat. But if you're an informed seeker of truth, you'll definitely vote R.

then you have indies with enough integrity to vote against a lying piece of stonewalling shit -

FUK TRUMP

It’s not about independent vs republican vs democrat. I’m not affiliated with any party. Does that make me an independent? I don’t know. Anyway, what it’s really about is extreme vs reasonable. Whether you agree with Trump or not his policies have logical characteristics. The Dems have gone off the rails.

Your last sentence really nails it.
How could anyone claim they are open to voting for either side, when one side wants to completely make a wholesale change in this country ?
Only a partisan could side with today's Dimocrats.
if you side with republicans on everything they want you are also considered a partisan....

then you have indies with enough integrity to vote against a lying piece of stonewalling shit -

FUK TRUMP
a lying piece of stonewalling shit ?.....thats just about everyone in DC....

It’s not about independent vs republican vs democrat. I’m not affiliated with any party. Does that make me an independent? I don’t know. Anyway, what it’s really about is extreme vs reasonable. Whether you agree with Trump or not his policies have logical characteristics. The Dems have gone off the rails.

what do you consider logical -

his trillion dollar deficit ?

FUK TRUMP

everybody aint the potus -

the deficit is going to be in upwards of a trill no matter whom is president. Especially with a Democrat house.

FUK TRUMP

no but they tell us whats what dont they?....which makes them just as dangerous...

the deficit is going to be in upwards of a trill no matter whom is president. Especially with a Democrat house.

not hardly - catch up on your deficit stats .

Federal Deficits in billions

2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
$1,413 $1,294 $1,300 $1,077 $680 $485 $442 $585 $665 $779 $984

015 & 016 impressive huh -

Last edited:

don’t see any democrats campaigning on bring down the deficit, do you?

FUK TRUMP

Correct boy wonder!

Unfortunately for you, you seem for forget that "ain't the potus" are the actual ones who govern us via their "I ain't potus" legislation.

So tell me again why it matters?

don’t see any democrats campaigning on bring down the deficit, do you?
Nope lol. Sadly Trump isn't either.

Of course I'm not an independent but neither is the op of the thread asking why they should vote for Trump.

So let's get down to the brass tax shall we.

What "independent" supports the following issues:
Open borders.
Higher taxes.
Free healthcare for non citizens.
Tearing down the border wall.
Being governed based on the genitalia between someones legs.
Outlawing the combustion engine.
Restricting 1st & 2nd amendment rights.

That's just a few of the asinine ideas promoted by the Democrats. And I submit that if an "independent" supported those ideas they wouldn't be an "independent".

Rather than just recite Republican propaganda I think you should look at each candidate and decide who is best.

But I guess there are those who just prefer to vote based upon what Trump tells them.

Forum List

Back