Why Romney Really Lost

Yes, big bad government is really in there helping em,,, they won't get any power until Thanksgiving.. Thanks big bad government. If the Alabama crews had been allowed to help they'd have their power NOW.. Enjoy
This is a perfect illustration of the problem with the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood! Once they sink their teeth into a GOP scripted lie, they never let go no matter how many times the lie is debunked!!!!

Alabama non-union utility workers not turned away, Christie says ‹ Cliffview Pilot

Gov. Christie today put to bed the ghost story that non-union Alabama utility workers were turned away.

Christie said he spoke to utility and union officials today and that a worker from Alabama called from Roanoke, Va., and was given bad advice. That person, in turn, spoke to a local news outlet there and the story mushroomed.

timthumb.php

Alabama Power & Light truck in Cape May

[ Yes, big bad government is really in there helping em,,, they won't get any power until Thanksgiving.. Thanks big bad government. If the Alabama crews had been allowed to help they'd have their power NOW.. Enjoy

Most of the power is already back on, thanks. And out of state crews did help. But you keep believing what Rush and Glenn Beck tell you.

Thanks, Ed, for finding a link.

this could have been a decent thread discussing the real issues that caused romney to lose....

47 %, jeep remarks....but you would rather just cast stones and rant and rave about how bad the democrats are....did it ever occur to you .....that romney reall fucked up...with his own comments....not being able to control his underlyings.....by bringing back the 'bomber boys' the list just goes on and on but you continue to blame the democrats for winning.....instead of trying to really figure out why the non diverse group of white men have failed.....look at the religion clamp..excluding everyone who is their concept of "christian".....you do realize one of the most religious groups in america....blacks....did not vote for the christian candidate....

couple that with the latino vote.....even dying his skin didnt fool them....

and lets now leave out his lose in ohio....do you think it could have been that lying jeep commerical?

why not discuss what really happened down at the reality ranch?

ch

You're right, Bones. This could have been a real discussion. And there are actual conservatives on the board who are truly grappling with these questions. Muddy just happens not to be a conservative. He's a reactionary... And so Obama-deranged that he isn't rational on the subject. He really should stop pretending his rants are political at all.

The answer is they lost BECAUSE of people like muddy,,,

No one wants their government run by a bunch of bile-spewing, randian theocrats whose hatred for the president is so insane that they'd rather destroy our country from the inside than make rational decisions about how to work with the other 51% of the country who voted for the president.

Let me say that again for the wacko winger "base": the popular vote was about 51%

It just means that when Romney said 47% he was off by at least 4%.

However, you're wrong about me. The 3 million who sat it out are who you speak of.

I'm just one of the 49% that's still rational.

Btw, unprinciple is just another word for Liberal. Principled is just another word for conservative or resistant to change.

The lying Jeep ad really hurt him in Ohio in those last days. Portman sabotaged him... :lol:

I never saw it. I've only heard of it.

Jeep is planning on moving some production to China.

I don't know if it will happen, but if the union allows it, it will happen.

This is exactly how mistruths spread. Part of it is that WE (I'm including myself in "we") tend to think BETWEEN the oceans, not ACROSS them.

Will Jeep build plants in China? Absolutely. But here's the part that Romney and his minions missed......it's on page 1 of Understanding International Trade 101....

The only way to SELL cars in China is to partner with a Chinese company and BUILD them there. The Jeeps that will be built in China will be sold in China.

VW, GM, & BMW have been doing this for decades. Ford and Jeep are just getting into it.

For a candidate to miss that is evidence that he is just not paying attention and speaking for sound bites. Joe Wrenchturner on the Jeep line in Toledo knows that his company is building plants in China to build Jeeps FOR China IN China, so when Mitt drops this little gem of wisdom, Joe has to immediately ask himself "what else is this guy totally clueless about?"

I think you're totally confused.

Who made trade with China appear evil? Not Mitt.

The very same person that's currently doing it yet lying about it. His initials are BHO.

Yes, big bad government is really in there helping em,,, they won't get any power until Thanksgiving.. Thanks big bad government. If the Alabama crews had been allowed to help they'd have their power NOW.. Enjoy
This is a perfect illustration of the problem with the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood! Once they sink their teeth into a GOP scripted lie, they never let go no matter how many times the lie is debunked!!!!

Alabama non-union utility workers not turned away, Christie says ‹ Cliffview Pilot

Gov. Christie today put to bed the ghost story that non-union Alabama utility workers were turned away.

Christie said he spoke to utility and union officials today and that a worker from Alabama called from Roanoke, Va., and was given bad advice. That person, in turn, spoke to a local news outlet there and the story mushroomed.

timthumb.php

Bad advice.

Okay. Yah sure

Uh-huh.

At least you didn't claim it never happened.

Last edited:

timthumb.php

Bad advice.

Okay. Yah sure

Uh-huh.

Thank you for proving my point!

Karl Rove has said that Sandy is the reason Romney lost. If a hurricane is an act of God ...

God had something to do with it, but climate change has nothing to do with God.

God stopped interfering with our weather after the great flood 6000 years ago. Anyone who's read the Bible and understands it knows that.

I think that forcing the media to be honest and impartial in their coverage would be enough to balance things out. But figure the odds on that.

Even if you believe that, muddy, G-d may have said HE wouldn't bring another flood, but he sure didn't say that humans don't have the free will to destroy the planet.

And your post above is exactly why the radical right should stay away from scientific decision-making

So you're saying that those who believe in a higher power must remain ignorant?

For what purpose?

Isn't it possible for someone to believe in both science and spiritualism?

That's akin to believing only in medicine or herbology. Chemicals or the power of natural healing. One can believe in both. Very rarely is everything black and white. To believe in the Bible in a purely literal sense is foolishness and according to Jesus himself an indication that the Holy Spirit does not dwell inside of us.

i see you are not refuting anything said but rather continuing your attack on those who didnt vote your way.....

yes yes keep claiming this moral high ground......keep losing elections

timthumb.php

Bad advice.

Okay. Yah sure

Uh-huh.

If your point is you can't prove the reason for those Alabama utility workers being turned back then yes I guess you're right.

Chris Christie wasn't there so how the fuck would he know?

He doesn't.

Funny how all of the negative things he said before were lies but now that he helps you his word is gospel.

Maybe if he becomes a Democrat he can save his job because I doubt most Republicans would vote for him now.

i see you are not refuting anything said but rather continuing your attack on those who didnt vote your way.....

yes yes keep claiming this moral high ground......keep losing elections

I don't just claim it, I and others like me own it.

However we're also much more pragatic than the ingrates that sat out the election. We figure taking the good with the bad was worth it considering the alternatives. I'm not looking forward to them. I and other business owners now have to deal with them and the economy will suffer because of them.

Look forward to being poor. If you're already poor then you won't even notice.

Bad advice.

Okay. Yah sure

Uh-huh.

If your point is you can't prove the reason for those Alabama utility workers being turned back then yes I guess you're right.

He doesn't.

Funny how all of the negative things he said before were lies but now that he helps you his word is gospel.

Maybe if he becomes a Democrat he can save his job because I doubt most Republicans would vote for him now.
You prove my point yet again.
Thank you again.

250 k is middle class...how out of touch with reality can republican candidates be?

Do you make this up as you go?

30-99k is middle-class.

250k is a small business owner or a 10%er if you're talking net but not if you're talking gross. I make close to that amount but gross not net and I'm not rich.

250k is what Obama calls millionaires and billionaires.

You know.....I wonder how many other Democrat quotes you've forgotten but used to attack Romney.

He doesn't.

You prove my point yet again.
Thank you again.

If you say so.

If your point is you're an idiot, point taken.

america-obama-battaile-politics-1349862608.jpg

3qiksd.jpg

The Romney camp was in total shock by 8pm on Tuesday night. They couldn't believe that Obama was doing as well as he was doing. All of the enthusiasm they saw along the campaign trail didn't result in the turnout they expected. By 10pm they realized that they had no path to the presidency.

So why did Romney lose?

Because he wasn't the perfect candidate.

He was a better man and would become a better president than the man currently holding the office but he wasn't perfect.

The problem with Mitt Romney wasn't Mitt Romney. It was the expectations of GOP voters. Some of them refuse to vote for anything other than someone who fits their beliefs exactly. Democrat voters simply want a warm body that delivers the goods.

GOP voters don't call themselves GOP voters in the numbers they used to. Some of them are Libertarians or Independents. Democrats sometimes are ashamed of calling themselves Democrats but they almost always vote Democrat. Thus there are more of them. Because they vote Democrat.

There are different kinds of Democrats. There are Democrats that vote for stuff, Democrats that vote because they hate or even fear the GOP, and Democrats that vote because that's all they've ever done. It doesn't take much to get them to vote for Democrats, just give them a reason. Any reason. A reason they know is a lie. They still vote Democrat.

What reasons or excuses did they use? Well, Obama provided them. Everything from "Binders" to "Big-Bird" to birth control.

For White Middle-class voters he provided the excuse that Romney is a rich guy that is out of touch. Doesn't matter that this is shading the truth or that Obama himself is totally out of touch with the Middle-class. Bain capital was bogus but that's excuse enough for Ohio, and Pennsylvania whites not to vote for Romney.

For Blacks he gave them Tryvan Martin. Enough said about that.

For White women he gave them what's her name? I almost forgot her name because she has turned out to be so inconsequential. Sandra Fluke. Free birth control. Stupid as it may sound Liberal women don't need a rational excuse. They just needed an excuse.

For Hispanics Obama acted like he cared about illegal immigrants but not one thing has changed since he's been in office other than newly illegible Hispanic kids now have at least some hope of citizenship. Obama simply decided not to enforce our laws. He left the hard work up to the states. He promised to deal with the issue but he's never going to because the issue is such a cash cow that it would be considered treason to solve it. So Obama gives them hope.

For Gays Obama changes his stance, just like Romney changed his stance. Only Obama never really changed. He just lied to get his foot in the door. Now he's being honest about same-sex marriage. That's good enough for Democrats. Not good enough for those stubborn former GOP voters.

3 million GOP voters sat this one out. Maybe even more, because this is 3 million more than sat out the 08' election. I don't know how many sat out that one. Bush got more votes in 04' than Obama did this time. So these folks have ether become non-political or they've sold out the GOP in favor of their own individual idiocies. What's even worse, 10 million Democrat voters sat this one out, so Romney could have won if he had been able to get these stubborn SOBs to show up.

So what does this all mean? The Republicans have a tough road to go. Their voters are principled. Too principled. Face it folks. There are fewer and fewer principled voters left. So how can the GOP attract less principled voters and not alienate the principled voters? Well, there's the rub. Democrats took the easy road by appealing to the worst of our humanity. All they have to do is promise them things even they know they can't deliver. And they can keep them as long as they can demonize the opposition, in essence give the unprincipled voter an excuse to give them just one more chance to come through with the goods. But that's the problem with unprincipled voters. Their principles are flexible. Principled voters aren't. Result.....the liars and the cheats win every time.

Until these unprincipled voters discover that Obama isn't a Democrat they'll stick with him. At least not the kind of Democrat that has existed in the past. No matter. They'll stick with him. They don't really believe he's a Marxist. Marxism is a definable term. What Obama is is hard to define. Almost as hard as defining his jobs program. A program nobody seems to really know.

Trust-Me-Barry-26649402264.jpeg

This is exactly why your lame ass party lost. What a bunch of bullshit you just wrote. Keep it up. Hey dems stop telling them the truth. Let these asshats follow limbaugh and the boys off the cliff

america-obama-battaile-politics-1349862608.jpg

3qiksd.jpg

the romney camp was in total shock by 8pm on tuesday night. They couldn't believe that obama was doing as well as he was doing. All of the enthusiasm they saw along the campaign trail didn't result in the turnout they expected. By 10pm they realized that they had no path to the presidency.

So why did romney lose?

because he wasn't the perfect candidate.

he was a better man and would become a better president than the man currently holding the office but he wasn't perfect.

The problem with mitt romney wasn't mitt romney. it was the expectations of gop voters. some of them refuse to vote for anything other than someone who fits their beliefs exactly. Democrat voters simply want a warm body that delivers the goods.

Gop voters don't call themselves gop voters in the numbers they used to. Some of them are libertarians or independents. Democrats sometimes are ashamed of calling themselves democrats but they almost always vote democrat. Thus there are more of them. Because they vote democrat.

There are different kinds of democrats. There are democrats that vote for stuff, democrats that vote because they hate or even fear the gop, and democrats that vote because that's all they've ever done. It doesn't take much to get them to vote for democrats, just give them a reason. Any reason. A reason they know is a lie. They still vote democrat.

What reasons or excuses did they use? Well, obama provided them. Everything from "binders" to "big-bird" to birth control.

For white middle-class voters he provided the excuse that romney is a rich guy that is out of touch. Doesn't matter that this is shading the truth or that obama himself is totally out of touch with the middle-class. Bain capital was bogus but that's excuse enough for ohio, and pennsylvania whites not to vote for romney.

For blacks he gave them tryvan martin. Enough said about that.

For white women he gave them what's her name? I almost forgot her name because she has turned out to be so inconsequential. sandra fluke. Free birth control. Stupid as it may sound liberal women don't need a rational excuse. They just needed an excuse.

For hispanics obama acted like he cared about illegal immigrants but not one thing has changed since he's been in office other than newly illegible hispanic kids now have at least some hope of citizenship. Obama simply decided not to enforce our laws. He left the hard work up to the states. He promised to deal with the issue but he's never going to because the issue is such a cash cow that it would be considered treason to solve it. So obama gives them hope.

For gays obama changes his stance, just like romney changed his stance. Only obama never really changed. He just lied to get his foot in the door. Now he's being honest about same-sex marriage. That's good enough for democrats. Not good enough for those stubborn former gop voters.

3 million gop voters sat this one out. Maybe even more, because this is 3 million more than sat out the 08' election. I don't know how many sat out that one. Bush got more votes in 04' than obama did this time. So these folks have ether become non-political or they've sold out the gop in favor of their own individual idiocies. What's even worse, 10 million democrat voters sat this one out, so romney could have won if he had been able to get these stubborn sobs to show up.

So what does this all mean? The republicans have a tough road to go. Their voters are principled. Too principled. Face it folks. There are fewer and fewer principled voters left. So how can the gop attract less principled voters and not alienate the principled voters? Well, there's the rub. Democrats took the easy road by appealing to the worst of our humanity. All they have to do is promise them things even they know they can't deliver. And they can keep them as long as they can demonize the opposition, in essence give the unprincipled voter an excuse to give them just one more chance to come through with the goods. But that's the problem with unprincipled voters. Their principles are flexible. Principled voters aren't. Result.....the liars and the cheats win every time.

Until these unprincipled voters discover that obama isn't a democrat they'll stick with him. At least not the kind of democrat that has existed in the past. No matter. They'll stick with him. They don't really believe he's a marxist. Marxism is a definable term. What obama is is hard to define. Almost as hard as defining his jobs program. A program nobody seems to really know.

trust-me-barry-26649402264.jpeg

View attachment $crying.bmp

Forum List

Back