So

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Are we going to get back to talking about the issues or are we going to keep fighting like children? Obama won so let's move on...

Are we going to get back to talking about the issues or are we going to keep fighting like children? Obama won so let's move on...

I agree. What will the Republicans be doing to break the deficit impasse? Fiscal measures are initiated by the House. What's their plan? They're going to be held responsible too and now Obama doesn't have to worry about elections anymore. 2014 is just around the corner.

I think a big question going forward is, what are those issues even going to be?

For the GOP, are they going to continue to include the social issues or are they not? That will be a big determining factor going forward.

I agree. What will the Republicans be doing to break the deficit impasse? Fiscal measures are initiated by the House. What's their plan? They're going to be held responsible too and now Obama doesn't have to worry about elections anymore. 2014 is just around the corner.

Obama is the only one who has threatened to veto a 'deficit impasse' bill.

I think a big question going forward is, what are those issues even going to be?

For the GOP, are they going to continue to include the social issues or are they not? That will be a big determining factor going forward.

You have no problem when Democrat politics include 'social issues.'

Social issues are definitely going to have to tale a back burner. We've got a fiscal crisis looming. That has to take precedence. If they want to talk about them or Benghazi, it would prove they're not serious and willing to drive us off the cliff.

• Banned

The GOP has it's own set of "personal" issues finding it's future identity. The nation has a whole other set of issues with the outcome of many...not so pleasant.

They haven't been talking. What bill are you talking about? All I've heard out of Boehner is "NO", i.e. I'm willing to drive us off the cliff.

Social issues are definitely going to have to tale a back burner. We've got a fiscal crisis looming. That has to take precedence. If they want to talk about them or Benghazi, it would prove they're not serious and willing to drive us off the cliff.

We'll see. The hardcore rightwingers are saying they're not going to drop the social issues.

Fine, their call.

Got no problem with social issues when the Republicans aren't trying to play chicken with the fiscal cliff. How does a minority party survive that kind of negative publicity, if they let it happen? The ball's in their court. The real "trump" card was played on the 6th and they lost.

The GOP has it's own set of "personal" issues finding it's future identity. The nation has a whole other set of issues with the outcome of many...not so pleasant.

I hope they realize there's time for the social issues, the fiscal ones, no so much.

Being called racist as a hobby, the left treats woman as if they are only vaginas but the right has the war on woman, Gay marriage vs civl unions, entitlements out the wazoo and so on. But we shouldn't include social issues?

They haven't been talking. What bill are you talking about? All I've heard out of Boehner is "NO", i.e. I'm willing to drive us off the cliff.

Well, I will be nice this time.

Officials: Obama ready to veto a bill blocking ‘fiscal cliff’

Officials: Obama ready to veto a bill blocking ‘fiscal cliff’ without tax hike for rich - The Washington Post

I hope they realize there's time for the social issues, the fiscal ones, no so much.

I'd argue that how social issues are handled is a direct result of fiscal issues. No money, no nothing....so to speak.

Got no problem with social issues when the Republicans aren't trying to play chicken with the fiscal cliff. How does a minority party survive that kind of negative publicity, if they let it happen? The ball's in their court. The real "trump" card was played on the 6th and they lost.

Politics is largely about 'social issues.'

I was just pointing out what an ass Mac was in his observation.

Here's a novel idea on compromise. Since Boehner refuses to budge how about Obama present a list of realistic cuts first. That's puts the pressure on the House.

Right now a standoff gets us nowhere. Simplistic...yes...Realistic....more so.

By all means, double down on the social issues. Knock yourself out. Have your candidates hold up technicolor pictures of aborted fetuses during televised debates, talk about gay rights until you're blue in the face, form a new organization whose goal is to deport all illegals tomorrow.

Do it, I'm sure you're right.

By all means, double down on the social issues. Knock yourself out. Have your candidates hold up technicolor pictures of aborted fetuses during televised debates, talk about gay rights until you're blue in the face, form a new organization whose goal is to deport all illegals tomorrow.

You embarrass yourself once again with your mindless double-talk.

Are politics largely about social issues, or not?

Yes, of course, that's been my point, but you refuse to see it. The GOP has made it so, and on Tuesday they lost to a community organizer with unemployment hovering at 8%.

So how's that working out for ya?

Oh wait, that wasn't the reason for your embarrassing loss. It was something else.

Great! Double down, I'm sure you're right!

Yes, of course, that's been my point, but you refuse to see it. The GOP has made it so, and on Tuesday they lost to a community organizer with unemployment hovering at 8%.

So how's that working out for ya?

Oh wait, that wasn't the reason for your embarrassing loss. It was something else.

Great! Double down, I'm sure you're right!

Excellent. Stop saying stupid shit to the contrary in the future.

Forum List

Back