Why Romney Really Lost

what was incoherent......the reasons romney lost?

religious problems....

flip flop problems

insulting 47 % of america....

lying in his jeep commerical about the jeeps going to china after being bailed out....

how much slower can i type for you?

Typing slower doesn't make it more clear.

Maybe if you did some proofreading before you posted it might be clearer, but I doubt it.

I make my share of typos btw.

Many lies were propagated by the Obama campaign.

You just illustrated several.

Last edited:
what was incoherent......the reasons romney lost?

religious problems....

flip flop problems

insulting 47 % of america....

lying in his jeep commerical about the jeeps going to china after being bailed out....

how much slower can i type for you?

For Muddy, you need to type real loud. He is slow on the uptake. And can't hear well.
Please shout.

Thanks for the advice panty-sniffer.

Obama did not do enough to keep his job.

Romney didn't do enough to take it from him.

We seen this election with GWB and John Kerry. Bush didn't deserve a second term, and he did nothig to earn it. Kerry on the other hand didn't show anyone anything that should make him the president.

"The other guy sucks, vote for me" is not a campaign strategy. Not giving details to a plan that you say you have is not enough. Having a debate and than agreeing with your opponent does not show change.

Lets all hope for cooperation or we are doomed. This doesn't go just for our politicians it applies to the electorate as well. We the people need to get our shit in order, we are the base the government sits on. If the base is rotten and disfunctional than the government will reflect that. The other side isn't our enemy, we need to quit treating each other like we are. It all starts with respect for the other side, and it won't happen over night. We all need to try to be better Americans.

Why a candidate lost should be examined, but not necessarily with the opposition. Same with why another won. However, since it started I'll throw in my two cents:

Romney was defined by the Democrats for too long, with 0 response.

He never explained that 47% remark in an intelligible way, "What I meant, what was understood by those present was that for states already considered 'safe' for President Obama, there is 47% of the population. No matter what I do or say in person, through ads, I'm not going to win NY, NY, MA, RI, or IL."

As Chris Matthew's so eloquently put it, 'I'm really happy about that storm, saved Obama the election. Oh, only in a political sense.'

The GOP didn't get out the vote. Granted some of those folks just wouldn't vote Mormon, yet haven't seen anyone complaining about that from the progressive side of things.

Romney's 'promise' to veto any Dream Act. Since there wasn't one passed and the only action taken was by EO, there wasn't a reason for the promise.

this could have been a decent thread discussing the real issues that caused romney to lose....

47 %, jeep remarks....but you would rather just cast stones and rant and rave about how bad the democrats are....did it ever occur to you .....that romney reall fucked up...with his own comments....not being able to control his underlyings.....by bringing back the 'bomber boys' the list just goes on and on but you continue to blame the democrats for winning.....instead of trying to really figure out why the non diverse group of white men have failed.....look at the religion clamp..excluding everyone who is their concept of "christian".....you do realize one of the most religious groups in america....blacks....did not vote for the christian candidate....

couple that with the latino vote.....even dying his skin didnt fool them....

and lets now leave out his lose in ohio....do you think it could have been that lying jeep commerical?

why not discuss what really happened down at the reality ranch?

ch

You're right, Bones. This could have been a real discussion. And there are actual conservatives on the board who are truly grappling with these questions. Muddy just happens not to be a conservative. He's a reactionary... And so Obama-deranged that he isn't rational on the subject. He really should stop pretending his rants are political at all.

The answer is they lost BECAUSE of people like muddy,,,

No one wants their government run by a bunch of bile-spewing, randian theocrats whose hatred for the president is so insane that they'd rather destroy our country from the inside than make rational decisions about how to work with the other 51% of the country who voted for the president.

Let me say that again for the wacko winger "base": the popular vote was about 51%

Romney lost because he was a lying schmuck who cost thousands of people their jobs when he was in the private sector and made a killing doing it.

Simple as that.

And if that's what the Republicans think the government should be doing..look forward to losing more.

Why a candidate lost should be examined, but not necessarily with the opposition. Same with why another won. However, since it started I'll throw in my two cents:

Romney was defined by the Democrats for too long, with 0 response.

He never explained that 47% remark in an intelligible way, "What I meant, what was understood by those present was that for states already considered 'safe' for President Obama, there is 47% of the population. No matter what I do or say in person, through ads, I'm not going to win NY, NY, MA, RI, or IL."

As Chris Matthew's so eloquently put it, 'I'm really happy about that storm, saved Obama the election. Oh, only in a political sense.'

The GOP didn't get out the vote. Granted some of those folks just wouldn't vote Mormon, yet haven't seen anyone complaining about that from the progressive side of things.

Romney's 'promise' to veto any Dream Act. Since there wasn't one passed and the only action taken was by EO, there wasn't a reason for the promise.

Chris Matthews is not a good source. He's a flake.

Romney promised to get rid of Obamacare. I don't remember him saying he would veto a Dream Act.

And Romney didn't have to explain the 47% comment because it was self-explanatory. The problem is Obama never had to explain his multiple gaffs.

But that's not what he said. What he said was that half the country doesn't pay taxes, and want "luxaries" from the government like Food, health care and housing. (How dare they!) The interesting thing about that tape was Romney showed us who he really was. A rich guy who was out to make things better for the rich.

And one of those poor people cleaning up their $50,000 dirty dishes taped him in the act. Heh, heh, heh...

And the next day, he came out and apologized for that. But the Storm destroyed Romney's argument that we don't need big bad government, we just need rich people having more Dancing Horsies, and everything will be fine. Even CHris Christie realized a Dancing Horsie wasn't going to do him much good.

Actually, Mormonism should have been an issue, as in they are too fucking crazy to have nukes. But the media avoided that topic like the plague. But let's get real here. Romney got almost as many votes as McCain and only about 4 million less than Bush-43 did. The problem isn't that the he didn't get out the REpublican Vote. He's maxed out that credit card. It's that he hasn't expanded the party the way Bush and Reagan did.

No, there was a very good reason. Romney desperately wanted to get to the right of Rick Perry, and Rick Perry is a conservative who has to actually contend with a large hispanic constiuency. So while Rick was bowing to common sense in his state, the only Hispanics Romney had to worry about were the ones trimming his shrubs.

Romney just assumed that if his rich buddies kept the economy bad, he could get people to go along with him no matter what he said.

The lying Jeep ad really hurt him in Ohio in those last days. Portman sabotaged him... :lol:

I never saw it. I've only heard of it.

Jeep is planning on moving some production to China.

I don't know if it will happen, but if the union allows it, it will happen.

This is exactly how mistruths spread. Part of it is that WE (I'm including myself in "we") tend to think BETWEEN the oceans, not ACROSS them.

Will Jeep build plants in China? Absolutely. But here's the part that Romney and his minions missed......it's on page 1 of Understanding International Trade 101....

The only way to SELL cars in China is to partner with a Chinese company and BUILD them there. The Jeeps that will be built in China will be sold in China.

VW, GM, & BMW have been doing this for decades. Ford and Jeep are just getting into it.

For a candidate to miss that is evidence that he is just not paying attention and speaking for sound bites. Joe Wrenchturner on the Jeep line in Toledo knows that his company is building plants in China to build Jeeps FOR China IN China, so when Mitt drops this little gem of wisdom, Joe has to immediately ask himself "what else is this guy totally clueless about?"

this could have been a decent thread discussing the real issues that caused romney to lose....

47 %, jeep remarks....but you would rather just cast stones and rant and rave about how bad the democrats are....did it ever occur to you .....that romney reall fucked up...with his own comments....not being able to control his underlyings.....by bringing back the 'bomber boys' the list just goes on and on but you continue to blame the democrats for winning.....instead of trying to really figure out why the non diverse group of white men have failed.....look at the religion clamp..excluding everyone who is their concept of "christian".....you do realize one of the most religious groups in america....blacks....did not vote for the christian candidate....

and lets now leave out his lose in ohio....do you think it could have been that lying jeep commerical?

ch

You're right, Bones. This could have been a real discussion. And there are actual conservatives on the board who are truly grappling with these questions. Muddy just happens not to be a conservative. He's a reactionary... And so Obama-deranged that he isn't rational on the subject. He really should stop pretending his rants are political at all.

No one wants their government run by a bunch of bile-spewing, randian theocrats whose hatred for the president is so insane that they'd rather destroy our country from the inside than make rational decisions about how to work with the other 51% of the country who voted for the president.

Let me say that again for the wacko winger "base": the popular vote was about 51%
I don't like you... But on this I agree with you.

Karl Rove has said that Sandy is the reason Romney lost. If a hurricane is an act of God ...

God had something to do with it, but climate change has nothing to do with God.

God stopped interfering with our weather after the great flood 6000 years ago. Anyone who's read the Bible and understands it knows that.

I think that forcing the media to be honest and impartial in their coverage would be enough to balance things out. But figure the odds on that.

Even if you believe that, muddy, G-d may have said HE wouldn't bring another flood, but he sure didn't say that humans don't have the free will to destroy the planet.

And your post above is exactly why the radical right should stay away from scientific decision-making

ch

I don't like you... But on this I agree with you.

That's ok. I don't like you either... :funnyface:

Karl Rove has said that Sandy is the reason Romney lost. If a hurricane is an act of God ...

God had something to do with it, but climate change has nothing to do with God.

God stopped interfering with our weather after the great flood 6000 years ago. Anyone who's read the Bible and understands it knows that.

I think that forcing the media to be honest and impartial in their coverage would be enough to balance things out. But figure the odds on that.

Even if you believe that, muddy, G-d may have said HE wouldn't bring another flood, but he sure didn't say that humans don't have the free will to destroy the planet.

And your post above is exactly why the radical right should stay away from scientific decision-making

Someone needs to shut that whole thing down!

The lying Jeep ad really hurt him in Ohio in those last days. Portman sabotaged him... :lol:

Sorry, I missed that. What did Portman do?

I read or heard something the other day that said Portman pushed for the Jeep ad.

Oh.

Well, frankly, Romney should have known better, He knows how international trade works, he knows how the auto industry works.

He should have known that claim was dubious, he made it anyway...

But that's not what he said. What he said was that half the country doesn't pay taxes, and want "luxaries" from the government like Food, health care and housing. (How dare they!) The interesting thing about that tape was Romney showed us who he really was. A rich guy who was out to make things better for the rich.

And one of those poor people cleaning up their $50,000 dirty dishes taped him in the act. Heh, heh, heh...

And the next day, he came out and apologized for that. But the Storm destroyed Romney's argument that we don't need big bad government, we just need rich people having more Dancing Horsies, and everything will be fine. Even CHris Christie realized a Dancing Horsie wasn't going to do him much good. Yes, big bad government is really in there helping em,,, they won't get any power until Thanksgiving.. Thanks big bad government. If the Alabama crews had been allowed to help they'd have their power NOW.. Enjoy

Actually, Mormonism should have been an issue, as in they are too fucking crazy to have nukes. But the media avoided that topic like the plague. But let's get real here. Romney got almost as many votes as McCain and only about 4 million less than Bush-43 did. The problem isn't that the he didn't get out the REpublican Vote. He's maxed out that credit card. It's that he hasn't expanded the party the way Bush and Reagan did.

No, there was a very good reason. Romney desperately wanted to get to the right of Rick Perry, and Rick Perry is a conservative who has to actually contend with a large hispanic constiuency. So while Rick was bowing to common sense in his state, the only Hispanics Romney had to worry about were the ones trimming his shrubs.

Romney just assumed that if his rich buddies kept the economy bad, he could get people to go along with him no matter what he said.

Forum List

Back