Why Republicans prefer cancer to getting the HPV vaccination for their children

R

rdean

CDC: HPV vaccination coverage among teens remains 'unacceptably low' - Medical News Today

Specifically, HPV-16 and HPV-18 account for around 70% of all cervical cancers and almost 50% of all vaginal, vulvar and penile cancers. HPV-16 is also accountable for more than 50% of throat cancers.

Earlier this year, Medical News Today reported on a study claiming that two thirds of healthy American adults are infected with one or more of 109 strains of HPV.

Too few U.S. youth getting vaccine for sexually transmitted virus: CDC | Reuters

Parents cited a lack of knowledge about the vaccine and safety concerns as reasons for not having their children vaccinated, the CDC said.

The vaccine is safe, the CDC said. About 67 million doses have been distributed since it became available in 2006 for girls and 2009 for boys and no serious safety concerns have been linked to HPV vaccination, the agency said.

---------------------------------------------------------
The truth is, many Republicans see cancer as punishment for having sex. They feel that if you vaccinate children, it give them license to run around and have sex with everyone they meet.

The other reason is they believe vaccinations cause autism. It's part of the whole "anti science thing.

CDC: HPV vaccination coverage among teens remains 'unacceptably low' - Medical News Today

Specifically, HPV-16 and HPV-18 account for around 70% of all cervical cancers and almost 50% of all vaginal, vulvar and penile cancers. HPV-16 is also accountable for more than 50% of throat cancers.

Earlier this year, Medical News Today reported on a study claiming that two thirds of healthy American adults are infected with one or more of 109 strains of HPV.

Too few U.S. youth getting vaccine for sexually transmitted virus: CDC | Reuters

Parents cited a lack of knowledge about the vaccine and safety concerns as reasons for not having their children vaccinated, the CDC said.

The vaccine is safe, the CDC said. About 67 million doses have been distributed since it became available in 2006 for girls and 2009 for boys and no serious safety concerns have been linked to HPV vaccination, the agency said.

The truth is, many Republicans see cancer as punishment for having sex. They feel that if you vaccinate children, it give them license to run around and have sex with everyone they meet.

The other reason is they believe vaccinations cause autism. It's part of the whole "anti science thing.

CDC and FDA say all the vaccines are safe, yet they attached a rider to the Patriot Act preventing Ely Lilly from being sued specifically for causing autism. Why on earth would anybody trust the CDC or the FDA? Heck we still have monsanto when it's been outlawed in Europe.

Funny how, if we trust the numbers in the articles, it shows that parents who are Democrats aren't getting the vaccine either.

CDC and FDA say all the vaccines are safe, yet they attached a rider to the Patriot Act preventing Ely Lilly from being sued specifically for causing autism. Why on earth would anybody trust the CDC or the FDA? Heck we still have monsanto when it's been outlawed in Europe.

Neither the CDC nor the FDA are capable to "attaching riders" to legislation. Only members of Congress can do that - and the rider in question was attached by Bill Frist. It was removed before the bill was signed, anyway.

Neither the CDC nor the FDA are capable to "attaching riders" to legislation. Only members of Congress can do that - and the rider in question was attached by Bill Frist. It was removed before the bill was signed, anyway.

Thanks for letting us know that.

The truth is, Frist was trying to attach a "shield" protecting the vaccine industry from being sued for anything. When you are given these kinds of protections, you are given a blank check. You can do anything and not worry about ramifications. Nothing is without risk. But the greatest risk of all is the "conservative approach", which is to do nothing.

For instance, measles can cause meningitis and encephalitis and pneumonia as well as a whole host of diseases, even leading to some forms of cancer. The vaccine has cut the number of shingles cases in half and measles have nearly been wiped out in this country. Now you have right wingers suddenly not trusting any doctor or scientist. If left to them, we could end up with a diseased country. Which seems to be how they left everything they touched during the last 15 years.

The truth is, Frist was trying to attach a "shield" protecting the vaccine industry from being sued for anything. When you are given these kinds of protections, you are given a blank check. You can do anything and not worry about ramifications. Nothing is without risk. But the greatest risk of all is the "conservative approach", which is to do nothing.

For instance, measles can cause meningitis and encephalitis and pneumonia as well as a whole host of diseases, even leading to some forms of cancer. The vaccine has cut the number of shingles cases in half and measles have nearly been wiped out in this country. Now you have right wingers suddenly not trusting any doctor or scientist. If left to them, we could end up with a diseased country. Which seems to be how they left everything they touched during the last 15 years.

Jenny McCarthy, the idiot that spread the fear of vaccines, is a liberal Democrat.

Jenny McCarthy, the idiot that spread the fear of vaccines, is a liberal Democrat.

Wow, someone not a doctor could do that. She has said all kinds of things.

Jenny McCarthy says she isn?t anti-vaccine. Here are some other things she has said about vaccinations. - The Washington Post

Jenny McCarthy, writing in the Chicago Sun-Times on April 12, 2014:

I am not “anti-vaccine.” This is not a change in my stance nor is it a new position that I have recently adopted. For years, I have repeatedly stated that I am, in fact, “pro-vaccine” and for years I have been wrongly branded as “anti-vaccine.”

Jenny McCarthy in the Huffington Post on March 9, 2010:

Time magazine’s article on the autism debate reports that the experts are certain “vaccines don’t cause autism; they don’t injure children; they are the pillar of modern public health.” I say, “that’s a lie and we’re sick of it.”

Jenny McCarthy in the Chicago Sun-Times on April 12, 2014:

I believe in the importance of a vaccine program and I believe parents have the right to choose one poke per visit. I’ve never told anyone to not vaccinate.

This falls into that category of "But but but Democrats do it". As if that's the golden shield for everything the right wing does.

Jenny McCarthy says she isn?t anti-vaccine. Here are some other things she has said about vaccinations. - The Washington Post

I am not “anti-vaccine.” This is not a change in my stance nor is it a new position that I have recently adopted. For years, I have repeatedly stated that I am, in fact, “pro-vaccine” and for years I have been wrongly branded as “anti-vaccine.”

Time magazine’s article on the autism debate reports that the experts are certain “vaccines don’t cause autism; they don’t injure children; they are the pillar of modern public health.” I say, “that’s a lie and we’re sick of it.”

I believe in the importance of a vaccine program and I believe parents have the right to choose one poke per visit. I’ve never told anyone to not vaccinate.

This falls into that category of "But but but Democrats do it". As if that's the golden shield for everything the right wing does.

You just posted an outright lie from the biggest anti vaccine person in America.

She says she’s never told anyone not to get vaccinated. Assuming that's true, great! But that’s hardly the entry-level position for being anti-vax. For example, you can say things that are grossly incorrect about them that would scare parents into not vaccinating their children. That would fit the moniker “anti-vax,” I’d think.

So, for example, saying vaccines have toxins in them—as she has said for years, and as she reiterates in her op-ed—is a clear sign of being anti-vax. After all, if someone tells you you’re putting toxins in your body, that sounds awful, doesn’t it? Doesn’t that make you want to stop doing whatever it is that’s putting them inside you?

Jenny McCarthy responds to claims she?s not anti-vax.

Nice to see you continue to defend liberal Democrats, even when they are lying sacks of shit that kill people, and blame Republicans for what they started. How does it feel to be called out by a scientist?

Man oh man, keep your nose out of our children's lives

what parent's do with this vaccine is their decision...everything is POLITICS and division for you

even our children, freak

The HPV vaccine is to prevent Cervical Cancer. Why would boys need it? Last time I checked, Boys didn't have a cervix.

Oh this may be why:
Pediatricians Recommend HPV Vaccination For Boys : Shots - Health News : NPR
The vaccination is expensive. Full immunization takes three shots (either with Merck's Gardasil or GlaxoSmithKline's Cervarix), which run about $100 or more each.

1. It also causes penile cancers.
2. HPV is a sexually transmitted disease. Vaccinating boys = less people spreading it.

There wouldn't be any side effects of this vaccine would there?
CDC - HPV Vaccine Safety - Vaccine Safety
Adverse events in the HPV vaccinated population were compared to another appropriate population (such as adolescents vaccinated with vaccines other than HPV) and included Guillain–Barré syndrome (GBS), stroke, venous thromboembolism (VTE), appendicitis, seizures, syncope (fainting), allergic reactions, and a potentially life-threatening allergic reaction called anaphylaxis.
Looks good to me!

I would definitely do it differently if I had it to do over again. I would wait until my kids were 3 years old and then I would have gotten one vaccine at a time. Maybe then they wouldn't both have autism.

As Republicans prefer not to have sex with children, it's unlikely said children are at risk of getting HPV.

I think it's simply that the Republican Party has the Christian fundamentalists and to them, anything that makes sex safer be it condoms or vaccines is automatically bad. So to appease this portion of their party, and keep them from splitting off into their own new party, anything making sex safer is denounced and resisted.

I think it's simply that the Republican Party has the Christian fundamentalists and to them, anything that makes sex safer be it condoms or vaccines is automatically bad. So to appease this portion of their party, and keep them from splitting off into their own new party, anything making sex safer is denounced and resisted.

I know it is simply the knee jerk response of idiots to attribute everything they disagree with to Republicans despite the fact that there are plenty of fundamentalist Christians in the Democratic Party.

Do you have a link, because I can't find anything saying it was removed.

Yes, hind site is 20/20. If I had it to do over again, my kids wouldn't have been vaccinated until they were 3, and then one vaccine at a time, no multiples. Maybe then my kids wouldn't be autistic. BTW, you talk to people in the autism community and they will tell you they had their kids vaccinated. Talk to them a little longer, and they will admit they waited until their children were 3, and then did it one at a time.

What kind of an idiot injects mercury into an infant when pregnant women aren't allowed to eat fish due to the mercury in it?

Forum List

Back