Why Republicans Piss Me Off

I just heard on TV news that Chase Bank who posted profits of $17BILLION this year has said they will work out an answer so these two women, who, it turns out, live below the poverty level, can stay in their home.

I just heard on TV news that Chase Bank who posted profits of $17BILLION this year has said they will work out an answer so these two women, who, it turns out, live below the poverty level, can stay in their home.

Just another one of those big evil banks eh?

Note Chase is not the holder of the note but a rep of a bank that is.

If you are a thinking breathing person then yes you should have to.

I'm glad I live in America. Full retirement age is 66 and 10 months and I'm looking forward to the rest. And the gardening.

What an arbitrary age to stop working. I will never understand the concept of retirement. Why at some age people feel they are entitled to just stop contributing and start mooching off others.

Work is one of the best parts of life.

Mooch off of others?!? What the fuck?

15% of EVERY paycheck has and is going toward those golden year benefit checks and the Medicare that will keep me alive long enough to get most of it back. I'll also be mooching off of my own savings, thank you very much.

Besides, Full Retirement Age means you can start drawing your FICA taxes back out of the monster without quitting work.

Just another one of those big evil banks eh?

Not if they can turn this into free advertising :eusa_whistle:

Oh gosh, Joe - you must be wrong. I mean they're actually willing to take a few thousand dollars out of the meager $17BILLION.

Wow. Even Scrooge would be proud.

Taxes aren't savings.

True. That's why it's called Social Security Retirement and Disability Insurance.

15% of every paycheck goes for retirement and disability insurance and Medicare insurance. That's the cost end of the contract. The benefit end comes at retirement or disability. It's forced on all but State employees so it qualifies as a 'tax'.

My contributions and claim to future benefits are just as valid as any soldier, sailor, coastie or flyboy.

Taxes aren't savings.

True. That's why it's called Social Security Retirement and Disability Insurance.

15% of every paycheck goes for retirement and disability insurance and Medicare insurance. That's the cost end of the contract. The benefit end comes at retirement or disability. It's forced on all but State employees so it qualifies as a 'tax'.

My contributions and claim to future benefits are just as valid as any soldier, sailor, coastie or flyboy.

:clap2:

Facts, facts and more facts.

Way to go Joe but this isn't what they wanna hear.

Taxes aren't savings.

Call it whatever the hell you want. If you can't opt out of it, then it's a tax.

Okay, my dad was a Republican, and he came from a long line of them, but I happened to side with Mom and the Democrats she came from. It's an instinctual thing. I had to go with what I felt and thought. I really loved my dad and his dad, though. Just not their politics.

I really think both parties think they're helping. I also think both parties are killing us. The divide since Reagan is really bad. From Reagan, things got way worse. The righteous Christian right emerged. My dad and my granddad were great Christian men, but I think even they would question the Republican party NOW. They both loved pensions and social security and mid century health insurance despite Roosevelt.

But, the Roosevelt Democrats have ALWAYS wanted to keep the lazy from producing but still living well, right!

Well, here's a story. A woman who DOES NOT pay her mortgage! Hey, it's only RIGHT to throw her out!

Thank the good Lord above that everybody is NOT a hardcore Repub.

U.S. News - Deputies refuse to evict 103-year-old woman

Republican money folks would throw out this woman.

But hey, NO WELFARE! Greet at Walmart, old woman. Earn your keep!

Wonder if the bank president was a democrat would he let people who didn't pay their mortgage stay in their homes.

Maybe this is an age thing, so tell me how old do you have to be to stop paying your mortgage without getting evicted?

What if it was a man, make any difference then?

What if it was a black person, or white person, what if it was an atheist, or a muslim, or a christian? I know, what if it was a union employee or retired employee, I bet they get to stay for sure. Oh wait, they'll have plenty of money.

I don't think most repubs are for NO WELFARE, but that doesn't mean we set 'em up in their own house either. You do understand we've got a 15 trillion dollar debt right, and going north in a hurry. If we don't address the entitlements then we're looking at nearly 25 trillion in debt by 2022. You wanna be paying a trillion bucks a year JUST IN INTEREST? Interest rates are not going to stay at 2% forever you know.

How come you feel bad for the 93 year old woman but not for her great grandchildren? What about their future, don't we need to make changes now so that these programs will be sustainable for them later? Or do you wanna lay the burden all on them to deal with? I don't hear any democrats coming up with any plans for that, why is that? News flash, raising taxes on the rich ain't going to cover it. And you're pissed at the repubs?

Last edited:
Okay, my dad was a Republican, and he came from a long line of them, but I happened to side with Mom and the Democrats she came from. It's an instinctual thing. I had to go with what I felt and thought. I really loved my dad and his dad, though. Just not their politics.

I really think both parties think they're helping. I also think both parties are killing us. The divide since Reagan is really bad. From Reagan, things got way worse. The righteous Christian right emerged. My dad and my granddad were great Christian men, but I think even they would question the Republican party NOW. They both loved pensions and social security and mid century health insurance despite Roosevelt.

But, the Roosevelt Democrats have ALWAYS wanted to keep the lazy from producing but still living well, right!

Well, here's a story. A woman who DOES NOT pay her mortgage! Hey, it's only RIGHT to throw her out!

So liberalism is instinctual. Have you bothered to look at the EU and it's history? US has just bailed the EU out b/c of their liberalism/welfare. You can't sustain welfare state when the incoming revenue is declining to the demand of welfare. Liberalism removes competition that drives prices down, promoting efficiency, self determination, low cost producer.

Taxes aren't savings.

Call it whatever the hell you want. If you can't opt out of it, then it's a tax.

Duh! But it's the ONLY tax you'll ever pay with the hope of a personal return. Embrace the social contract, Brother!

:dunno: How many of us would have had the discipline to sock 15% out of EVERY paycheck away for the golden years if it weren't a 'tax'? Now that I'm close enough to actually worry about how I'm to feed myself and AVG-WIFE when we're too old and frail to spend all day in the field, I for one thank G* for a program that will return funds earned from my very first job at McDonalds, and every endeavor between then and now, when I'm ready for a well deserved rest.

*G = Government.

Not sure what this story has to do with "Republicans".

Also, not sure who'd make a loan to a 103 year old woman with no income.

I don't see this case as a Republican or Democratic issue. It is an issue of big banks fucking the little guy...in other words, business as usual.

Of course, the GOP is the party setting themselves to be the party of the big banks and not the little guy...

I don't see this case as a Republican or Democratic issue. It is an issue of big banks fucking the little guy...in other words, business as usual.

Of course, the GOP is the party setting themselves to be the party of the big banks and not the little guy...

and the Democrats aren't....

Hey, let's look at that list of Obama's biggest donors again...

University of California $1,648,685
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Harvard University $878,164
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
Sidley Austin LLP $600,298
Stanford University $595,716
National Amusements Inc $563,798
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
Columbia University $547,852
Skadden, Arps et al $543,539
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
General Electric $529,855
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232
Latham & Watkins $503,295

And how many Bankers has he sent to jail?

Zip. Zero. Nada.

Even Bush felt obligated to prosecute the Enron Guys.

When Obama is bought, he stays bought.

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232

Zip. Zero. Nada.

Oh look, and here we are back to getting money out of politics...

President Obama isn't all Democrats and he has pushed for financial reform...you know, the reform the repubs keep blocking or weakening...

I heard this earlier on TV news ... The house was paid for but the various banks and mortgage companies that have passed it around cannot find the paperwork.

So people are allowed to steal because they are old?

So, without knowing the facts, you would throw an 83 year old and a 104 year old woman out on the street. In winter. At Christmas. No place else to go. You really believe that this situation has only one possible ending?

Mean for no other reason than to be mean. That's why I hate pubs/baggers too.

A CEO, a tea partier, and a liberal sat down at a table. There was a plate of a dozen cookies. The CEO took 11, then told the tea partier to watch out because the liberal wanted to take his cookie.

Love that joke! :lol:

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232

Zip. Zero. Nada.

Bush didn't feel "obligated" to prosecute the Enron Guys..Spitzer was ready to haul his ass into court. :lol:

Man you guys got real selective memories!

Zip. Zero. Nada.

Oh look, and here we are back to getting money out of politics...

President Obama isn't all Democrats and he has pushed for financial reform...you know, the reform the repubs keep blocking or weakening...

Letting Barney Frank (or as he's known at Fnnnie Mae, Herb Moses' boy toy) and Chris "Contrywide" Dodd re-write the banking laws is like letting the foxes design the new Henhouse.

Honestly, all Frank-Dodd did was making it harder for honest bankers to do their jobs. The dishonest ones are already figuring out ways to get around it.

Laws are MEANINGLESS without enforcement. There are laws on the books now. But no one has been prosecuted yet for their role in the 2008 debacle. They not only stayed out of jail, but they kept their jobs and even got their hefty bonuses....

Like I said, when Obama is bought, he stays bought.

As for getting money out of politics, that's a laugh.

you had the Nixon reforms that limited what candidates could raise, but that just shifted the power to parties. Quickly extinct- Moderates, Conservative Democrats and Liberal Republicans. A greater contributor to the 'incivility' everyone whines about in Washington.

Then along came McCain-Feingold. Ooooopsy. that just shifted the power from parties to PACs.

Here's an idea. You want to get the money out of politics, reduce the size and scope of government. When you have government consuming 6 Trillion out of a 15 trillion dollar economy, of course you are going to have people doing their best to influence it.

Forum List

Back