Why Republicans desperately need Barrack Obama.

R

rdean

The GOP leadership use Obama as a "fear whip" to garner support from a terrified base.

For some reason, the GOP base has been made to believe that if it's good for the uber wealthy, it's good for the country. The deficit creating Bush tax cuts were the first step in the redistribution of the wealth of the nation to the top 1%.

Moving millions of jobs to China and closing tens of thousands of factories here were not a problem because of the incredible wealth it added to the fortune of the top 1%. There is no way the GOP base would have supported a "pioneer of outsourcing" for president without the opponent being Barrack Obama.

Imagine Republicans fighting to keep health care from millions of Americans. We know insurance policies that were cancelled didn't meet any type of minimum requirement. Some Republicans right here on the USMB swear there is no insurance policy that doesn't include hospital and when previous links proved the existence of such terrible insurance policies that were indeed cheap, but only allowed 3 or 4 doctor visits a year and a couple of blood tests at a hospital, possibly an X-ray or a mammogram, they would deny it.

Look at Republicans today who support Social Security and Medicare. They wouldn't support it if it were called "Social Obamasecurity" or "Obamamedicare" no matter how much they depended on it.

The Republican leadership wouldn't be able to get much support for cutting school lunches or food stamps for poor children and disabled veterans if they didn't have president Obama to use as the "boogeyman".

Imagine Republicans cutting unemployment benefits for millions of Americans and leaving them out to dry if there was no Obama. It wouldn't be possible.

Obama is only going to be president for a few more years. By that time, Republicans will be firmly tied to every one of these policies. They may have been able to tie Obama to some of their disasters because the GOP base is looking for any reason, no matter how tenuous, to hate Obama.

Some Republicans feel that it was Obama who started the wars in the Middle East. That it was Republicans who took out Bin Laden and Obama had nothing to do with it. That people died after Katrina because Obama was slow to send aid.

The will say that Obama extended the Bush Tax cuts ignoring the fact that Republicans threatened to cut unemployment benefits for 7 million Americans if he didn't.

Look at how they insist it was Obama who shut down the government, even when the GOP leadership was "taking the credit".

Look at the GOP leadership saying they got 98% of everything they wanted but the downgrade was Obama's fault.

Without Obama, the GOP leadership would never be able to make such ridiculous and outrageous statements.

And look at the recent Ryan budget. Over 5 trillion in cuts with almost 70% of those cuts being programs that help the middle class and the poor. Look at the Republican farmers in congress getting hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars in subsidies because they own a farm while voting to cut food stamps for poor children and disabled veterans. Without Obama, Republicans would never get support for these odious policies.

When the next presidential election comes along, Republicans will be stuck with and on record for every one of these terrible policies. And there will be no Barrack Hussein Obama to run against. I think it's going to be a pretty exciting election.

Republicans will have no problems finding their next boogeyman

Hillary?

Obama is trustworthy.....

2014-04-04-f8e84af1_large.jpg

The GOP leadership use Obama as a "fear whip" to garner support from a terrified base.

For some reason, the GOP base has been made to believe that if it's good for the uber wealthy, it's good for the country. The deficit creating Bush tax cuts were the first step in the redistribution of the wealth of the nation to the top 1%.

Moving millions of jobs to China and closing tens of thousands of factories here were not a problem because of the incredible wealth it added to the fortune of the top 1%. There is no way the GOP base would have supported a "pioneer of outsourcing" for president without the opponent being Barrack Obama.

Imagine Republicans fighting to keep health care from millions of Americans. We know insurance policies that were cancelled didn't meet any type of minimum requirement. Some Republicans right here on the USMB swear there is no insurance policy that doesn't include hospital and when previous links proved the existence of such terrible insurance policies that were indeed cheap, but only allowed 3 or 4 doctor visits a year and a couple of blood tests at a hospital, possibly an X-ray or a mammogram, they would deny it.

Look at Republicans today who support Social Security and Medicare. They wouldn't support it if it were called "Social Obamasecurity" or "Obamamedicare" no matter how much they depended on it.

The Republican leadership wouldn't be able to get much support for cutting school lunches or food stamps for poor children and disabled veterans if they didn't have president Obama to use as the "boogeyman".

Imagine Republicans cutting unemployment benefits for millions of Americans and leaving them out to dry if there was no Obama. It wouldn't be possible.

Obama is only going to be president for a few more years. By that time, Republicans will be firmly tied to every one of these policies. They may have been able to tie Obama to some of their disasters because the GOP base is looking for any reason, no matter how tenuous, to hate Obama.

Some Republicans feel that it was Obama who started the wars in the Middle East. That it was Republicans who took out Bin Laden and Obama had nothing to do with it. That people died after Katrina because Obama was slow to send aid.

The will say that Obama extended the Bush Tax cuts ignoring the fact that Republicans threatened to cut unemployment benefits for 7 million Americans if he didn't.

Look at how they insist it was Obama who shut down the government, even when the GOP leadership was "taking the credit".

Look at the GOP leadership saying they got 98% of everything they wanted but the downgrade was Obama's fault.

Without Obama, the GOP leadership would never be able to make such ridiculous and outrageous statements.

And look at the recent Ryan budget. Over 5 trillion in cuts with almost 70% of those cuts being programs that help the middle class and the poor. Look at the Republican farmers in congress getting hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars in subsidies because they own a farm while voting to cut food stamps for poor children and disabled veterans. Without Obama, Republicans would never get support for these odious policies.

When the next presidential election comes along, Republicans will be stuck with and on record for every one of these terrible policies. And there will be no Barrack Hussein Obama to run against. I think it's going to be a pretty exciting election.

Try not to go through your whole life with your eyes closed rdean

A few more years......

Thats' gonna be rattling around in my brain...
Why did ya have to bring that up....
I was having a pleasant evening.

And yet, there is nothing here you can deny. If you could, you would. But you can't.

I couldn't make this stuff up. I wouldn't know where to begin. It's very easy to look this stuff up. If it's wrong, explain how.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

2.4 million jobs lost due to China from 2001-2008

Boehner: I got ’98 percent’ of what I wanted in debt deal

Tea Party Leader: We Should Abolish Social Security

Would Paul Ryan's budget abolish Medicare?

GOP's Tortured Logic: How We Got Osama Bin Laden

Farm Subsidy Recipients Backs Food Stamp Cuts

Subpoena power in BP oil spill investigation blocked by Senate Republicans

A few more years......

WHat makes you think he will only be in office a few more years? I wouldnt bet the farm on it.

Obama is trustworthy.....

2014-04-04-f8e84af1_large.jpg
Notice how that cartoon doesn't mention drone strikes on civilians?

Because the right-wing loves drone strikes on civilians.

No, you stupid ignorant piece of shit. It doesnt mention it because Obama didnt lie about them. The cartoon is only statements Obama made that he lied about. I dont think he lied about drone strikes.

And yet, there is nothing here you can deny. If you could, you would. But you can't.

I couldn't make this stuff up. I wouldn't know where to begin. It's very easy to look this stuff up. If it's wrong, explain how.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

2.4 million jobs lost due to China from 2001-2008

Boehner: I got ’98 percent’ of what I wanted in debt deal

Tea Party Leader: We Should Abolish Social Security

Would Paul Ryan's budget abolish Medicare?

GOP's Tortured Logic: How We Got Osama Bin Laden

Farm Subsidy Recipients Backs Food Stamp Cuts

Subpoena power in BP oil spill investigation blocked by Senate Republicans

You mistake me for a Republican.

Again, try not to go through your life blind rdean. Bush did not end any entitlements, he created a massive one with the Drugs for Seniors program.

Obama and Bush are twins rdean, but you are too blind to see it.

Both helped destroy the economy and the middle class and created wars abroad.

More than amusing thread coming from those who constantly use the Koch Brothers as a boogeyman for the left and to a lesser degree after being out of office for five years now George Bush.

Yep, the mulatto messiah turned to be one of the best gun salesmen and best recruiter for any not democrat in history. Good job Chicago gutter trash, good job.

A few more years......

WHat makes you think he will only be in office a few more years? I wouldnt bet the farm on it.

If he loses the senate he may just quit so slow joe can run as an incumbent, he's been known for not finishing things he starts.

A few more years......

If he loses the senate he may just quit so slow joe can run as an incumbent, he's been known for not finishing things he starts.

Never happen. He's too much of an egotist for that.
No, they will run Mooshelle as prez with Barack as VP. Moose gets elected and then resigns and Barack reins as president for life.

Yep, the mulatto messiah turned to be one of the best gun salesmen and best recruiter for any not democrat in history. Good job Chicago gutter trash, good job.

ok you win in November. You have two years to do something or the public turns on you.
What they going to do? Impeachment? that wont win more votes. Repeal Obamacare? sure make it more of a mess. Thats if you can get enough votes to bypass Obama's veto.
So that leaves you at a stalemate, and the public doesnt want that. They want things fixed.

who has the time to sit around and think up this kind of crap? a fear whip

would that be what BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH was and STILL IS used by you and your Democrat party?

someone doesn't have a life evidently and is a devoted sheep to a party

Last edited:

Forum List

Back