Why Pro-Abortion Is Anti-Science

Neither side is anti-science. There might be anti-science folk on both sides, but on the whole it's a philosophical disagreement over the value of tissue and the value of mind.

Science simply can't answer such philosophical questions.

What he said.

Science cannot answer the question
"when do we give a fetus the right to not be killed?"

Abortion is about choice, and anti-abortionists want to take that choice away. I guess they don't think that the US is the land of the free. They want to live under a white sharia law, govern the country by religion.

There's so much going on in the OP that it's too tedious to address all of them. Perhaps if someone could clarify if this is about public funds for abortions or about when life begins (or some other broad topic also mentioned in the OP).

Each of these are huge topics, so some focus would seem appropriate.

By the way, my hangnail is human, too. It also has DNA. Just sayin'.

I'm not sure what kind of honest discussion could be had in the first place when the OP's thread title is "Why Pro-Abortion is Anti-Science."

Funny, I've never met a Pro-Abortion person in my life. Words have meaning, and in this case they are used to mischaracterize the position of those who the author disagrees with even before the discussion is started.

I'm not sure what kind of honest discussion could be had in the first place when the OP's thread title is "Why Pro-Abortion is Anti-Science."

Funny, I've never met a Pro-Abortion person in my life. Words have meaning, and in this case they are used to mischaracterize the position of those who the author disagrees with even before the discussion is started.

which is why they call themselves 'pro-life'.

a more accurate assessment would be that they're 'pro-birth'

This post reminds me of this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvF1Q3UidWM]YouTube - George Carlin: Pro Life, Abortion, And The Sanctity Of Life[/ame]

Funny, I've still never met a single person that is "Pro" abortion.

So you don't know anyone that's had one then? Is a woman who has one 'pro abortion' in your view then? Or are you naively stating that no one is pro abortion even though there are millions of them going on every year in this country?

[Emphasis mine] Absolutely.

Last edited:

So you don't know anyone that's had one then? Is a woman who has one 'pro abortion' in your view then? Or are you naively stating that no one is pro abortion even though there are millions of them going on every year in this country?
I've had a shattered knee and I can unequivocally state that I am not in favor of shattered knees.

Usually when one asks a question, they don't answer it in the next sentence and throw in a question mark. Such loaded questions are pointless anyway since Mani is specifically saying in his personal experience that's he never met someone who was pro abortion.

You've already made the assumption however that because someone has an abortion, they must be ""pro" abortion." That's a very poor illogical assumption to make in the first place.

what are you talking about? did he SAY he never knew anyone who had one?

No one is PRO abortion. People are PRO choice. Which means they're PRO you keeping your religious beliefs out of other people's bodies. :thup:

I've had a shattered knee and I can unequivocally state that I am not in favor of shattered knees.

So you chose to inflict yourself with a shattered knee?? Sorry, Si, but that comparison makes absolutely no sense at all.

So you chose to inflict yourself with a shattered knee?? Sorry, Si, but that comparison makes absolutely no sense at all.
No, I didn't choose to have a shattered knee at all. I did choose an activity, a legal one, that led to my having a shattered knee, though.

I also chose to have medical intervention to get my body back to its condition before my knee was shattered.

No, I didn't choose to have a shattered knee at all. I did choose an activity, a legal one, that led to my having a shattered knee, though.

I also chose to have medical intervention to get my body back to its condition before my knee was shattered.

You shattered a knee having sex?

:eek::eek::eek:

:eusa_eh:

:cool::cool::cool:

So you find nothing morally wrong with killing an unborn child? It's just a 'condition' like a shattered knee? You equate something physically wrong with the body, such as a shattered knee or cancer, with something that the female human body was designed naturally for, to create life?

So you find nothing morally wrong with killing an unborn child? It's just a 'condition' like a shattered knee? You equate something physically wrong with the body, such as a shattered knee or cancer, with something that the female human body was designed naturally for, to create life?

As a male, I feel it is MORE "morally wrong" to tell females what the can and cannot do with their bodies.

Usually when one asks a question, they don't answer it in the next sentence and throw in a question mark. Such loaded questions are pointless anyway since Mani is specifically saying in his personal experience that's he never met someone who was pro abortion.

You've already made the assumption however that because someone has an abortion, they must be ""pro" abortion." That's a very poor illogical assumption to make in the first place.

So you're implying someone that is anti-abortion would have an abortion? Weak.

what are you talking about? did he SAY he never knew anyone who had one?

No one is PRO abortion. People are PRO choice. Which means they're PRO you keeping your religious beliefs out of other people's bodies. :thup:

Sorry, Jill, but that's pure bullshit. So all of these women out there having abortions as a form of birth control, which is the majority of them, are all anti abortion??

As a male, I feel it is MORE "morally wrong" to tell females what the can and cannot do with their bodies.

Well, good for you Samsom, when it is only their body in question, I completely agree. But, that's not the reality of the situation, which is what this thread was about. Science has shown that it's not just their body, it's ending another person's life.

Forum List

Back