Why Obamots Need Repulican Candidates NOW!!

Why are we seeing Repulicans announcing their candidacies:

To give Obamots something to watch until 2012.

Shiny objects keep the children distracted while the injections are prepared.

Thats about it

Proposed Republican candidates are nothing but shiny objects. No substance, no position....just run around spouting sound bites on Fox News

Worst field of potential Republicans in a generation
I think Republicans are going to need something a lot better than recycles like Gingrich or Romney if they're going to beat Obama.

Indeed: Why would they need to introduce "something a lot better" now?

Of course this doesn't stop the breathless drooling from The Washington Post:

Posted at 07:28 AM ET, 05/13/2011
The most eventful week of the 2012 Republican primary race
By Chris Cillizza and Rachel Weiner
The last seven days have been the most eventful of the 2012 Republican presidential race to date

OBVIOUSLY, Chris and Rachel: I bet the NEXT seven days will be EVEN MORE EVENTFUL!!!!

Idiots continue to blather away....and Obamots fall all over themselves....even though the first primary February 14, 2012 – Expected date of New Hampshire Republican Primary, is still 9 months away.

:lol:

Why are we seeing Repulicans announcing their candidacies:

To give Obamots something to watch until 2012.

Shiny objects keep the children distracted while the injections are prepared.

Thats about it

Proposed Republican candidates are nothing but shiny objects. No substance, no position....just run around spouting sound bites on Fox News

Worst field of potential Republicans in a generation
I think Republicans are going to need something a lot better than recycles like Gingrich or Romney if they're going to beat Obama.

Unfortunately, they have nothing better waiting in the wings

Their best bet is to run a stiff against Obama and concentrate on winning the House and Senate.

Sustaining the smoke and mirrors necessary to make the Obama Administration appear anything except an Amature Three Ring Circus is becomming impossible without the diversion.

Discuss.

Republicans have been doing this since Reagan and you people are now crying "wolf"?

Sorry, but you lost sentimental appeal is not that appealing.
Only a total idiot can defend that worthless fascist obama after his horrible record.

Obama is not a fascist and he doesn't have a horrible record. You people never get tired of lying, do you?? But the truth doesn't suit you, so you think you have to lie. You're all getting so tiresome.

Republicans have been doing this since Reagan and you people are now crying "wolf"?

Sorry, but you lost sentimental appeal is not that appealing.
Only a total idiot can defend that worthless fascist obama after his horrible record.

Obama is not a fascist and he doesn't have a horrible record. You people never get tired of lying, do you?? But the truth doesn't suit you, so you think you have to lie. You're all getting so tiresome.

So defend the unemployment record after 2.5 years.
Then defend the national debt.
Then defend the foreign policy record.
If you're still able to think following these feats, defend his approval rating.

If you need a reference on his daily tracking...check out Rasmussen's Political Approval Index and daily approval track. Unless you'd rather use a CNN poll...that will definitely help your cause.

1. So defend the unemployment record after 2.5 years.

The economy was losing jobs at 700,000 a month at the end of Bush's presidency. Within months that trend reversed and is now gaining 200,000 a month. The money is there, $2 trillion in the private sector, but the jobs are still coming

2. Then defend the national debt.

Much like FDR and Ronald Reagan, Obama chose debt over economic collapse. To get over the worst recession in 70 years, drastic steps needed to be taken. Banks and Auto companies needed to be propped up, money for teachers, police, firefighters and public works was set aside, taxes were cut. Much of the debt is still coming from two unfunded wars and unfunded Medicare Part D

3. Then defend the foreign policy record.

The war on terror has been a major success. Obama correctly encouraged Mubarak to step down in Egypt to prevent a Civil War. Rather than rushing in to prop up freedom fighters in Libya, Obama relied on the NATO coalition to do most of the fighting. The US provided the most humanitarian aid to Japan.

4. If you're still able to think following these feats, defend his approval rating.

Obama has an approval rating above 50% which is higher than Ron Reagan or Bill Clinton had at this point in their first terms. His approval rating is still higher than the Republican parties

The economy was losing jobs at 700,000 a month at the end of Bush's presidency. Within months that trend reversed and is now gaining 200,000 a month. The money is there, $2 trillion in the private sector, but the jobs are still coming

Much like FDR and Ronald Reagan, Obama chose debt over economic collapse. To get over the worst recession in 70 years, drastic steps needed to be taken. Banks and Auto companies needed to be propped up, money for teachers, police, firefighters and public works was set aside, taxes were cut. Much of the debt is still coming from two unfunded wars and unfunded Medicare Part D

The war on terror has been a major success. Obama correctly encouraged Mubarak to step down in Egypt to prevent a Civil War. Rather than rushing in to prop up freedom fighters in Libya, Obama relied on the NATO coalition to do most of the fighting. The US provided the most humanitarian aid to Japan.

4. If you're still able to think following these feats, defend his approval rating.

Obama has an approval rating above 50% which is higher than Ron Reagan or Bill Clinton had at this point in their first terms. His approval rating is still higher than the Republican parties

I just saw this post and your response right after. Thanks!! LOL!! I couldn't have done a better job.

the economy was losing jobs at 700,000 a month at the end of bush's presidency. Within months that trend reversed and is now gaining 200,000 a month. The money is there, $2 trillion in the private sector, but the jobs are still coming

much like fdr and ronald reagan, obama chose debt over economic collapse. To get over the worst recession in 70 years, drastic steps needed to be taken. Banks and auto companies needed to be propped up, money for teachers, police, firefighters and public works was set aside, taxes were cut. Much of the debt is still coming from two unfunded wars and unfunded medicare part d

the war on terror has been a major success. Obama correctly encouraged mubarak to step down in egypt to prevent a civil war. Rather than rushing in to prop up freedom fighters in libya, obama relied on the nato coalition to do most of the fighting. The us provided the most humanitarian aid to japan.

obama has an approval rating above 50% which is higher than ron reagan or bill clinton had at this point in their first terms. His approval rating is still higher than the republican parties

you must spread some reputation around before giving it to rightwinger again.

:d

So what's the point of this thread now?

To discuss the effectiveness of the Republican Strategy to throw as many red herrings into the MSM and watch the Obamots chase them in an effort to distract themselves from the Massive Failures of the Obama Administration until the 2012 primaries begin.

Based on the responses from the Obamot-Loons in this thread, its working.

:cool:

Um I don't think it is the Republican strategists doing that but rather it is the Democrats and MSM. Palin has been quiet and out of the news for a couple of weeks at least and they can retread the old stuff only so much. The Donald gave them a target for a few days and, with the exception of Palin, I have rarely seen the MSM and the leftwing go after a non candidate with the intense and nonstop visciousness that they went after him. We know Obama's reaction to him was unprecedented and apparently Trump was viewed as a tremendous threat if that wasn't nipped in the bud immediately.

AHnolds infidelity can only be milked for a few days here and the current talking point memo that the GOP doesn't have anybody to run - 18 months out and a year before most major primaries are scheduled - isn't going to have much traction for long.

So now, without a candidate target, look for something - anything - they can dredge up even if they have to manufacture a scandal or a crisis to keep the attention diverted from the abysmal record of the Obama Administration. His approval rating is already dropping from the bin Laden high and they will have to find something quick to distract the public.

Um I don't think it is the Republican strategists doing that but rather it is the Democrats and MSM.

Did Democrats make Mittens give his recent disaster of a speech attempting to defend "Romenycare"?

Are Dems responsible for Gingrich flip-flopping on his support/condemnation of Ryan's gutting Medicare plan?

Is it gonna be the Dems' doing if Mitch Daniels has to deal with questions not only about his personal life, but also his record under Shrub and his part in creating the current deficit in the first place?

Um I don't think it is the Republican strategists doing that but rather it is the Democrats and MSM.

Did Democrats make Mittens give his recent disaster of a speech attempting to defend "Romenycare"?

Are Dems responsible for Gingrich flip-flopping on his support/condemnation of Ryan's gutting Medicare plan?

Is it gonna be the Dems' doing if Mitch Daniels has to deal with questions not only about his personal life, but also his record under Shrub and his part in creating the current deficit in the first place?

I do believe they will find a way to blame the Democrats and their propaganda wing....The Evil Lamestream Media

Usually, something alng the lines of "pay no attention to how I voted or what I said before...what matters is what I say now"

Last edited:

I have no problem with anybody pointing out the flipflops on either side or debating a position as being a good thing or not. I do that re candidates on both sides and see questionable conviction, integrity, or voting records on both sides. And I take a dubious view of anybody who talks the talk but his/her track record suggest he or she has not walked the walk.

That is a whole different thing than targeting somebody for personal destruction because you perceive him or her as a threat to your own annointed one. And it is a whole different thing than digging up an old scandal or creating one or creating illusions of a crisis to divert attention from negatives re your annointed one.

Is this a serious response, or are you being sarcastic?

Blaming BOOOOOooSH as an excuse for the Obama Administration's consistantly hamstringing economic recovery with over-regulation is more than dilusional now:

:eusa_shhh:
It won't be any less absurd in 2012.

A. Obama isn't FDR. If the Dem Stategy is to use this ridiculous comparison, they're more doomed than I imagined.

B. Two wars? I thought the USA was out of Iraq?

C. The Banks have repaid "every penny" of their government loans? Or haven't they? I thought Obama was going to get all that money back? Are you saying he failed?

Blaming BOOOOOooSH as an excuse for the Obama Administration's consistantly hamstringing economic recovery with over-regulation is more than dilusional now:

History is history

The world did not begin when Obama was elected president. Bush left him with an economy losing 700,000 jobs a month. Can't change history...even if you deny that it is Bush's

A. Obama isn't FDR. If the Dem Stategy is to use this ridiculous comparison, they're more doomed than I imagined.

C. The Banks have repaid "every penny" of their government loans? Or haven't they? I thought Obama was going to get all that money back? Are you saying he failed?

A The only recessions of similar magnitude faced by President Obama were the ones faced by FDR and Reagan. Both FDR and Reagan relied on deficit spending to reign in the economy. I agree that Obama will never be rated as highly as FDR...but he will be rated higher than Reagan

B. Provide a link showing we are out of Iraq

C. Where was it said that the banks repaid every penny? How about we just compare the amount the banks and auto companies paid back under Bush's TARP to what was repaid of the money Obama lent them?

History is history

The world did not begin when Obama was elected president. Bush left him with an economy losing 700,000 jobs a month. Can't change history...even if you deny that it is Bush's

Yet you deny the history beginning 1/20/2009 to present.....

Any 1/4 decent candidate will send Barry back to Chi Town. And the Dems know it... probably why Bob Beckel is urging them to trot out the "I'm not Bush, it's all Bush's fault" mantra for 2012.

They know Obama's record can't be spun enough to be bought by anybody but the terminally brain dead...

$14,000,000,000,000 Debt
Massive deficits as far as you can see
Obamacare
50,000,000+ unemployed
$5 gasoline
Inflation
3 wars, including 1 new unauthorized one
Union bailouts...

Last edited:

I have no problem with anybody pointing out the flipflops on either side or debating a position as being a good thing or not. I do that re candidates on both sides and see questionable conviction, integrity, or voting records on both sides. And I take a dubious view of anybody who talks the talk but his/her track record suggest he or she has not walked the walk.

That is a whole different thing than targeting somebody for personal destruction because you perceive him or her as a threat to your own annointed one. And it is a whole different thing than digging up an old scandal or creating one or creating illusions of a crisis to divert attention from negatives re your annointed one.

Oh, so that's what's happening? Interesting....

A The only recessions of similar magnitude faced by President Obama were the ones faced by FDR and Reagan. Both FDR and Reagan relied on deficit spending to reign in the economy. I agree that Obama will never be rated as highly as FDR...but he will be rated higher than Reagan

C. Where was it said that the banks repaid every penny? How about we just compare the amount the banks and auto companies paid back under Bush's TARP to what was repaid of the money Obama lent them?

The difference between Obama's popularity, and Reagan's is almost nothing:
Presidential Job Approval Center

US President Barack Obama has confirmed the end of all combat operations in Iraq by 31 August.

"My commitment is to recover every single dime the American people are owed," Obama said. "We want our money back and we're going to get it."

Full details of how the measure would work will be part of Obama's proposed 2011 budget

Obama is running short of excuses.

Maybe your first instinct to Blame Bush will end up as his best defense.

The difference between Obama's popularity, and Reagan's is almost nothing:
Presidential Job Approval Center

US President Barack Obama has confirmed the end of all combat operations in Iraq by 31 August.

"My commitment is to recover every single dime the American people are owed," Obama said. "We want our money back and we're going to get it."

Full details of how the measure would work will be part of Obama's proposed 2011 budget

Obama is running short of excuses.

Maybe your first instinct to Blame Bush will end up as his best defense.

You are dodging again....

How much of what Bush gave out for TARP was repaid vs how much of what Obama gave out being repaid?

Come on...you can do it

Forum List

Back