Why Obama’s Address to Schoolchildren Is Objectionable

Hey stupid, it wasn't the speech that conservatives were leery about it, was the lesson plans and how they were worded. If you get your head out of Obama's ass you might see that.

The lesson plan that asked the kids to write a letter to Obama and tell him how he could do better. How is this a bad thing?

You know, just like what Bush 1 did during one of his speeches to the kids.

Head out of the butt indeed sir.

I heard on the radio yesterday one guy who was opposed to Obama's speech before he got it..then he got it and said the reason he was opposing it now was because it was too long for him to speak to kids like that.

No matter what, if Obama has anything to do with it...its no no no...we get it.

You're as stupid as your avatar suggests if you believe that simply asking kids to write a letter explaining how Obama could do better was all that was intended. Fact is the lessons included questions like "How can we help the president?". It's one thing for a president to encourage all kids to work hard and stay in school, it's another thing entirely, however, to have the U.S. Department of Education send detailed instructions to public schools nationwide on how to glorify the president and the presidency, and push them to drive social change. And yes your head is so far up Obama's ass that if you caught him fucking a dog, you'd say he was just being kind to animals.

Hey, Lost with No Logic, can you let us know when your operation is?

You know..........the one to install a plexiglass belly button so that you can see where the fuck you're going?

Nice try asshole...........what the fuck is wrong with asking a person what they can do to improve the country? JFK stated "ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country".

You must be a communist, or, you've been fucking too many cattle.

It would appear to me that the people protesting the writing assignment could have used a lot more practice and instruction with composition, grammar and spelling. There is a dearth of effective expository skills on the right. It was not always so.

The lesson plan that asked the kids to write a letter to Obama and tell him how he could do better. How is this a bad thing?

I heard on the radio yesterday one guy who was opposed to Obama's speech before he got it..then he got it and said the reason he was opposing it now was because it was too long for him to speak to kids like that.

You're as stupid as your avatar suggests if you believe that simply asking kids to write a letter explaining how Obama could do better was all that was intended. Fact is the lessons included questions like "How can we help the president?". It's one thing for a president to encourage all kids to work hard and stay in school, it's another thing entirely, however, to have the U.S. Department of Education send detailed instructions to public schools nationwide on how to glorify the president and the presidency, and push them to drive social change. And yes your head is so far up Obama's ass that if you caught him fucking a dog, you'd say he was just being kind to animals.

You know..........the one to install a plexiglass belly button so that you can see where the fuck you're going?

Nice try asshole...........what the fuck is wrong with asking a person what they can do to improve the country? JFK stated "ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country".

Reading comprehension! Learn it!

The question was, dumbass, now pay attention, "How can we help the president?", nothing was asked about helping the country or what can be done to improve the country. You stupid fucks never cease to amaze me.

lonestooge illogical belches:

The question was, dumbass, now pay attention, "How can we help the president?", nothing was asked about helping the country or what can be done to improve the country. You stupid fucks never cease to amaze me.

Helping the President? Oh my! Blasphemy!! Improving the country? Why a PS3 and DS's for every man [child]!!

But quite seriously, improving the country is in the purview of the adults and look what a fine job they are doing and what eloquent language they use.........

Helping the President? Oh my! Blasphemy!! Improving the country? Why a PS3 and DS's for every man [child]!!

But quite seriously, improving the country is in the purview of the adults and look what a fine job they are doing and what eloquent language they use.........

If you want your first grade child to be spoonfed political pablum at school then that's your choice, but don't expect every parent to feel the same way.

If you want your first grade child to be spoonfed political pablum at school then that's your choice, but don't expect every parent to feel the same way.

I don't have a 1st grader, but my 6th grader didn't see the speech and she wants to, online now. Our schools were already two weeks in the day after Labor Day. There was no political anything in the speech, unless you consider being a responsible student as something political. Congress might take note.

When Bush the elder gave a speech to school children the democrats had a conniption fit.
When Bush spoke to students, Democrats investigated, held hearings | Washington Examiner

Now wait just a minute there slick.

In your earlier post you point out only Dems objected to Bush using tax dollars to indoctrinate students with his POLICY speech. No CONS objected to Bush asking for support for the policy goals of his administration that he just laid out.

Now you CON$ are having a cow because Obama asked for support exactly like Bush did in a speech that, unlike Bush, had no policy goals in it.

Surely, even you can see why people believe your false outrage is completely related to WHO asked for support and has nothing at all to do with asking for support!!!
Write me a letter -- and I'm serious about this one -- write me a letter about ways you can help us achieve our goals. I think you know the address.
President George H W Bush

Last edited:

Do you mean like this???

Write me a letter -- and I'm serious about this one -- write me a letter about ways you can help us achieve our goals. I think you know the address.

And even that was optional for the school to give to the kids.

That horrible Nazi youth recruiting communist. How dare he get anywhere near our children.

(Proves a point though, no matter how high you get in this country, your still just a scary ....) :evil:

Hey..........penis puffer............you DO realize that the President is the guy that leads this country, right? And therefore, asking what you can do to help the President is a round about way of asking what you can do for the country.

Remember JFK?

Try again ya 'tard from Mars and beyond. Surprised you're still posting here, as that means you're still alive.

It's obvious that you're too fucking stupid to suck oxygen.

I don't have a 1st grader, but my 6th grader didn't see the speech and she wants to, online now. Our schools were already two weeks in the day after Labor Day. There was no political anything in the speech, unless you consider being a responsible student as something political. Congress might take note.

You're not that stupid are you? The lesson plan is what was political and that's what most parents objected to.

When Bush the elder gave a speech to school children the democrats had a conniption fit.
When Bush spoke to students, Democrats investigated, held hearings | Washington Examiner

In your earlier post you point out only Dems objected to Bush using tax dollars to indoctrinate students with his POLICY speech. No CONS objected to Bush asking for support for the policy goals of his administration that he just laid out.

Now you CON$ are having a cow because Obama asked for support exactly like Bush did in a speech that, unlike Bush, had no policy goals in it.

Surely, even you can see why people believe your false outrage is completely related to WHO asked for support and has nothing at all to do with asking for support!!!

Do you know what the speech Bush gave was about? Fact is the democrats wasn't upset about the speech per se just the way it was funded.

Our goals? No, it's his goals.

Hey..........penis puffer............you DO realize that the President is the guy that leads this country, right? And therefore, asking what you can do to help the President is a round about way of asking what you can do for the country.

Remember JFK?

Try again ya 'tard from Mars and beyond. Surprised you're still posting here, as that means you're still alive.

It's obvious that you're too fucking stupid to suck oxygen.

Look don't be dragging you personal preferences into the forum. Comparing Obama to JFK is fucking hilarious and comparing a country to a person is not the same. The president of the US is not the US ya dumbfuck!!

Now go ride your bicycle and let us grownups sort this mess out.

Do you know what the speech Bush gave was about? Fact is the democrats wasn't upset about the speech per se just the way it was funded.

Bush summed it up himself in his speech:
It sets forth a challenge to all of us: Work harder, learn more, revolutionize American education.

Bush summed it up himself in his speech:
It sets forth a challenge to all of us: Work harder, learn more, revolutionize American education.

Nice quote, how about putting it in proper context?

Here, allow me.

Every day, we hear more bad news about our schools. Maybe you saw today's headline, I don't know if you had a chance to look at it, about the release of the new National Goals Report. Get the camera to come in and take a look at this for a moment. In math, for instance, this national report card shows that, nationwide, five of six eighth graders don't know the math they need to move up to the ninth grade.

In spite of troubling statistics like this one, I don't see this report, however, as just bad news, and I'll tell you why. This report tells us a lot about what you know and what you don't know. It gives us something to build on. It shows us our strengths and the weaknesses that we've go to correct. It sets forth a challenge to all of us: Work harder, learn more, revolutionize American education.

From Bush's speech:

Let me know how you're doing. Write me a letter -- and I'm serious about this one -- write me a letter about ways you can help us achieve our goals. I think you know the address.Now we're going to walk over to the school auditorium to say hello to the rest of the student body. To all the students across the country who watched us here in this great classroom today, may I simply say thank you and good luck to you this school year.
You guys are a bunch of fucking hypocrites.

From Bush's speech:

Let me know how you're doing. Write me a letter -- and I'm serious about this one -- write me a letter about ways you can help us achieve our goals. I think you know the address.Now we're going to walk over to the school auditorium to say hello to the rest of the student body. To all the students across the country who watched us here in this great classroom today, may I simply say thank you and good luck to you this school year.
You guys are a bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Context context context.

Let me leave you with a simple message: Every time you walk through that classroom door, make it your mission to get a good education. Don't do it just because your parents, or even the President, tells you. Do it for yourselves. Do it for your future. And while you're at it, help a little brother or sister to learn, or maybe even Mom or Dad. Let me know how you're doing. Write me a letter -- and I'm serious about this one -- write me a letter about ways you can help us achieve our goals. I think you know the address.

What are our goals? For every child to get a good education.

Actually, if Texas would seceed, would they be at peace with mexico?
If Texas succeeds, Mexico just has to get their Declaration of war in before any other state can or recognise guarantee Texas independence :D

What the fuck does that have to do with Obama's speech?

Tell ya what No Load/No Logic, ya ever get up to Amarillo, check out Southlawn Park, at the corner of 45th and Parker St.

Look for the hippie wearing tie dye and teaching telepathy.

Come to my area of the world, I'll kick your ass.

Forum List

Back