Why most conservatives don't trust the MSM...

Where is your link saying Fox is least trustworthy? Why in the hell should any one believe you? Where are your facts?
I put up links to the article at least do some scholarly research before spouting a totally unsubstantiated uninformed comment!
GEEZ it is truly people like you that the MSM loves to keep STUPID!

I found the link...

Fox News is Most Trusted News Source in America
FAKE NEWS!

5446619369bedd2b5b3ecd67-320-619.png

They don't trust the MSM because they've been in the tank for the democrats since the late 70's. Foxnews upset the apple cart on October 7, 1996 when it introduced the OTHER side of the news.

They don’t trust the MSM because it doesn’t tell them what they want to hear. They trust FOX, even though FOX is the least trustworthy news source there is, and people who watch FOX are the least informed viewers in America, because FOX tells conservatives what they want to hear.

Where is your link saying Fox is least trustworthy? Why in the hell should any one believe you? Where are your facts?
I put up links to the article at least do some scholarly research before spouting a totally unsubstantiated uninformed comment!

Do you honestly believe there is an MSM conspiracy to keep people stupid?

You mean an organized conspiracy like the :
A Chart Exposing How The Bilderberg Group Controls The Entire World

With the above group of Liberal globalists elites many of whom are part of the MSM that is definitely their mind set.

Did you ever take any journalism classes like I did in college (assuming you went to college)?

The intellectual elite many in the MSM truly believe they are superior in knowledge then the rest of Americans they derisively call "fly over country".
American slang for the states which trendy liberal coast-dwellers see only from the window of an airplane... Flyover Country - TV Tropes

These faux intellectuals truly believe they have to "shape" the news according to their perceptions.

Read this quote from the former editor of NewsWeek a traditional MSM outlet:
Gordon Peterson: "What do you think, Evan? Are the mainstream media bashing the president unfairly?"
Evan Thomas: "Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do almost --"
Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President'

Now I have to point out to you I guess that there was ONLY ONE President during 2007... George Bush would you agree?

So when Thomas says our job is to bash the President...
Pretty damn clear that Thomas says that's what the MSM is suppose to do!

BUT when it came to Obama?
He's standing above us!
Evan Thomas "I mean in a way Obama's standing above the country, above above the world, he's sort of God."
Newsweek’s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ‘Sort of God’

Explain to me then how this hardened editor can present in his magazine any Obama information that is not slanted positively?

I can provide more links showing how the biased MSM attempts to SHAPE the "fly over country" perceptions.

Finally I'm not alone in the disbelief of the MSM output.
The outlook is bad for media credibility. Poll after poll finds public confidence in the press is at historic lows. The AP cites a Pew Research Center report that two-thirds of Americans believe “fabricated news” is causing a “great deal of confusion” about basic facts, and a poll conducted by NORC at the University of Chicago found the percentage of Americans expressing a “great deal of confidence” in the press has fallen from 28 percent in 1976

to just 8 percent in 2016.
The Media Still Can't Figure Out Why They're Losing Credibility

So are you telling me you are part of the 8% that have a great deal of confidence in the press?

I went to a better journalism school than the U of M, and the first day lecture in J101 was about the ratios of advertisements to reporting in print media.

You?

Adding a trillion dollars of debt per year (on top of the existing debt increases) is your idea of making America great again?
After your man Obama it has to be done...we warned you...he was not spending the stimulus money the way it was meant and now we have to pay...I blame snowflakes like you...
I see now. you’re completely fucked in the head. Now it all makes sense. The tax cuts were not needed. We were already at full employment at just over 4% unemployment.

One of my Senators (R-Insurance) responded to an email, telling me the tax cuts were needed to "jump-start the stagnant economy", when we were at full employment. Complete bullshit.

What percent is considered "full-employment"?
Also during Obama's term this was what HE wanted for America!
ObamaAntibusiness.png

They don't trust the MSM because they've been in the tank for the democrats since the late 70's. Foxnews upset the apple cart on October 7, 1996 when it introduced the OTHER side of the news.

They don’t trust the MSM because it doesn’t tell them what they want to hear. They trust FOX, even though FOX is the least trustworthy news source there is, and people who watch FOX are the least informed viewers in America, because FOX tells conservatives what they want to hear.

With the above group of Liberal globalists elites many of whom are part of the MSM that is definitely their mind set.

Did you ever take any journalism classes like I did in college (assuming you went to college)?

The intellectual elite many in the MSM truly believe they are superior in knowledge then the rest of Americans they derisively call "fly over country".
American slang for the states which trendy liberal coast-dwellers see only from the window of an airplane... Flyover Country - TV Tropes

These faux intellectuals truly believe they have to "shape" the news according to their perceptions.

Gordon Peterson: "What do you think, Evan? Are the mainstream media bashing the president unfairly?"
Evan Thomas: "Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do almost --"

Now I have to point out to you I guess that there was ONLY ONE President during 2007... George Bush would you agree?

He's standing above us!
Evan Thomas "I mean in a way Obama's standing above the country, above above the world, he's sort of God."

Explain to me then how this hardened editor can present in his magazine any Obama information that is not slanted positively?

I can provide more links showing how the biased MSM attempts to SHAPE the "fly over country" perceptions.

The outlook is bad for media credibility. Poll after poll finds public confidence in the press is at historic lows. The AP cites a Pew Research Center report that two-thirds of Americans believe “fabricated news” is causing a “great deal of confusion” about basic facts, and a poll conducted by NORC at the University of Chicago found the percentage of Americans expressing a “great deal of confidence” in the press has fallen from 28 percent in 1976

So are you telling me you are part of the 8% that have a great deal of confidence in the press?

I went to a better journalism school than the U of M, and the first day lecture in J101 was about the ratios of advertisements to reporting in print media.

You?

By Veneta Rizvic – Reporter , St. Louis Business Journal
Dec 21, 2015, 6:51am CST Updated Dec 21, 2015, 12:03pm

1.The University of Missouri School of Journalism has been ranked No. 1 in News Pro-RTDNA's annual survey, repeating its win from last year. Coming in second is Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism, and in third, you'll find Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism.
https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis...chool-of-journalism-ranked-no-1-5-things.html

University of Missouri - Columbia's journalism program was ranked 8 out of 190 nationwide. This means the journalism program at Mizzou is a top 10 program in the U.S.

See the full ranking by journalism major.
Mizzou's Journalism Program Earns High Ranking Nationwide and in Missouri for 2017

We’re pretty sure the Mizzou grads in our newsroom will be happy about this one: the University of Missouri at Columbia’s got the best journalism school in the country.
That’s according to NewsPro magazine’s ranking in their December issue.
The Best Journalism Schools In The Country: NewsPro Magazine Ranking | HuffPost

YOU WERE SAYING?????

Adding a trillion dollars of debt per year (on top of the existing debt increases) is your idea of making America great again?
After your man Obama it has to be done...we warned you...he was not spending the stimulus money the way it was meant and now we have to pay...I blame snowflakes like you...
I see now. you’re completely fucked in the head. Now it all makes sense. The tax cuts were not needed. We were already at full employment at just over 4% unemployment.

One of my Senators (R-Insurance) responded to an email, telling me the tax cuts were needed to "jump-start the stagnant economy", when we were at full employment. Complete bullshit.

View attachment 199190
The U.S. Economy Is Finally at Full Employment

He's standing above us!

You?

1.The University of Missouri School of Journalism has been ranked No. 1 in News Pro-RTDNA's annual survey, repeating its win from last year. Coming in second is Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism, and in third, you'll find Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism.
https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis...chool-of-journalism-ranked-no-1-5-things.html

University of Missouri - Columbia's journalism program was ranked 8 out of 190 nationwide. This means the journalism program at Mizzou is a top 10 program in the U.S.

Mizzou's Journalism Program Earns High Ranking Nationwide and in Missouri for 2017

We’re pretty sure the Mizzou grads in our newsroom will be happy about this one: the University of Missouri at Columbia’s got the best journalism school in the country.

YOU WERE SAYING?????
Rightard, that university is not main stream media. And the poll you referenced was not a scientific poll. Seriously, wtf is wrong with you? :cuckoo:

He's standing above us!

You?

YOU WERE SAYING?????

How does that contradict what I posted?

View attachment 199190
The U.S. Economy Is Finally at Full Employment
Trump inherited a great and growing economy. As your link confirms, unemployment had dropped drastically during his administration and reached the technicality of "full employment" during the Obama administration.

4.5% is considered "full employment".

Since the U.S. recovery began in 2009, total employment rose from 138 million to 154 million by the end of 2017.
The number of unemployed has shrunk to fewer than 7 million from 15 million.
Full Employment

So much for "full-employment"!

Strange then where did the 16 million additional employed come from even considering that the number of unemployed shrunk by 8 million? I mean the definition of "full employment"
seems hollow then if there were evidently MORE people that weren't working that could have been working.
And are cognizant of what it means to have 16 million more people working?
Assuming the Average salary is Median household income in the U.S. rose to an estimated $59,055 in January 2018, an increase of nearly 0.4% from our December 2017 estimate of $58,829.Mar 1, 2018
16 million at $50,000 generates $800 billion a year in additional income and more importantly nearly $200 billion in payroll taxes and individual income taxes.

Finally where did you get the assumed figure of 4.5% as full-employment?

My source says: let us assume that the agreed upon natural unemployment rate is 5%. The consensus among policymakers today is that the full employment rate of unemployment is roughly 4.5%
Principles of Macroeconomics, Section 5: Full-Employment

Economists, including the Fed’s policy makers, are divided about how close the economy is to full employment. To discourage inflation, some think that short-term interest rates should rise again soon and that plans to reduce the central bank’s holdings of bonds should be sped up. Others think that rates should be held lower, not least because inflation is still below the Fed’s target. Some economists think that the official rate of unemployment can fall further — say, to 4 percent — before inflation concerns need to be addressed. Others say that changes in wages may be a clearer indicator of labor-market conditions than the post-crash unemployment rate. Wages are showing only hesitant signs of faster growth. The Fed’s big concern: It’s possible that we won’t know what full employment means until inflation takes off.
Full Employment

"Consensus" is NOT a fact! Evidently with the projected GDP at 4.1% and with "full-employment"... hmmm what does that mean for wage increases as there are apparently more jobs than people to fill them?

https://www.frbatlanta.org/-/media/documents/cqer/researchcq/gdpnow/RealGDPTrackingSlides.pdf

This whole diversionary argument is about a 1% drop in unemployment since trump became President. 1%.

4.5% is considered "full employment".

Since the U.S. recovery began in 2009, total employment rose from 138 million to 154 million by the end of 2017.
The number of unemployed has shrunk to fewer than 7 million from 15 million.
Full Employment

So much for "full-employment"!

Strange then where did the 16 million additional employed come from even considering that the number of unemployed shrunk by 8 million? I mean the definition of "full employment"
seems hollow then if there were evidently MORE people that weren't working that could have been working.
And are cognizant of what it means to have 16 million more people working?
Assuming the Average salary is Median household income in the U.S. rose to an estimated $59,055 in January 2018, an increase of nearly 0.4% from our December 2017 estimate of $58,829.Mar 1, 2018
16 million at $50,000 generates $800 billion a year in additional income and more importantly nearly $200 billion in payroll taxes and individual income taxes.

Finally where did you get the assumed figure of 4.5% as full-employment?

My source says: let us assume that the agreed upon natural unemployment rate is 5%. The consensus among policymakers today is that the full employment rate of unemployment is roughly 4.5%
Principles of Macroeconomics, Section 5: Full-Employment

"Consensus" is NOT a fact! Evidently with the projected GDP at 4.1% and with "full-employment"... hmmm what does that mean for wage increases as there are apparently more jobs than people to fill them?

https://www.frbatlanta.org/-/media/documents/cqer/researchcq/gdpnow/RealGDPTrackingSlides.pdf

The unemployment rate reached 10% in 2009. The raw numbers of employed persons is measured against a workforce that shifts in size, in order to determine the percentage. The average age - roughly correlating to years of experience in the workforce - is also undergoing an adjustment as the bloated boomer generation hits retirement. The first Baby Boomers reached 62 in 2008. Fifty percent of Americans begin drawing Social Security at 62, and the balance a few years later. Ten thousand baby boomers have retired each day since 2010, and that rate will continue until 2029.

Correct - consensus is not a fact. Do you have a different "consensus", or an established fact, you'd like to use?

foxnews.com is leading today with a Grumpy Father' story about Bernie Sanders, and six related-somehow-to-Sanders stories. I guess it's a slow news day, or FOX has Hillary-burnout.

This whole diversionary argument is about a 1% drop in unemployment since trump became President. 1%.

Actually a 1% drop in unemployment is a BIG number if you understand what it means which requires a little more work and intelligence I wouldn't have to educate you it appears.
Civilian labor force 2018 161,539,000 Unemployed rate 4.3%
Civilian labor force 2017 159,729,000 Unemployed rate 3.8%
Increase: 1,810,000 people employed.
A) Average salary per person... According to the Census, this measure was $59,039 in 2016, a record high. This was the largest two year percentage increase on record.[1]
Household income in the United States - Wikipedia
B) This means if there are now 1,810,000 more people earning $60,000 a year that is now $108 Billion in wages that in 13.4% payroll taxes is now $15 billion into the US Treasury.
C) This means no unemployment benefits $300/week*52*1,810,000 in SAVINGS per year :$28 billion no longer going out as a government expense.
D) A differential of nearly $43 billion for just a 1/2 of 1% decrease in unemployment.

Hope this math is not too complicated to understand but if there is $43 billion for 1/2 of 1% decrease... $86 billion a year at 1% and so forth.

Now This also doesn't take in at all the increase in the GDP which is expected to be nearly 4%!
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
unemploy0519.png

They sure hell dont tell us what we want to hear......the truth.

GO TRUMP!!!!!!!!!MAGA

:lmao:

America is already great. This is just fucking us over.

Ok I'm a little late to the party on this one, but you do realize Obama added 10 trillion in 8 years, meaning MORE than 1 trillion a year? Can you link to your post during the Obama administration complaining about Obama's increase in the debt? I'd like to read it.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back