Why is the rightwing's argument against food stamps so 1 dimensional?

"Why is the rightwing's argument against food stamps so 1 dimensional?"

Likely because most on the right are comprehensively ignorant as to what the SNAP program actually is, how it works, who is eligible, and how it helps low income working Americans.

83% of food stamps funding goes to households with at least 1 dependent living there. The average person on food stamps gets $133 per month and the average income of a household on food stamps is about $733 per MONTH. When we are talking about people on food stamps, we are talking about people who are dirt poor. The eligibility of this program, contrary to popular belief, is very narrow.

Now when you bring up the well being of children on food stamps, conservatives will say "well the mother should have kept her legs closed derp derp derp!"

While it can be agreed that the mother shouldn't have had kids she couldn't support it doesn't change the fact that kids exist now does it? What is this poverty stricken mother supposed to do with these kids? Give them to the state? Like it or not, these kids should still need to be supported right? They need nutritious food that is critical to their development. That is why the mother needs food stamps.

Seriously if you are so concerned about mothers avoiding having kids they can't afford, then maybe you should re think your views on abortion. Of course this problem will only get worse because of the defunding of Planned Parenthood. 97% of what the program does is provide reproductive support to women such as birth control. 3% goes to abortion, which is obviously a good alternative to raising kids you can't support.

Republicans only seek to destroy a program that not only helps kids, it helps veterans. They of course have no problem with providing subsidies and tax breaks to corporations. Why would anyone vote for these clowns?

Facts About SNAP | Food and Nutrition Service
Every time this subject comes up, and it comes up often, I always ask those against government assistance, to tell me what they'll do with the children, the elderly, the mentally ill, the handicapped, the Vets, and those unemployed, if they can't get food stamps. So far, no one has answered the question. Some say force them to get jobs. So, I ask where do they find jobs. Then I say that little children can't work, and if we cut off the parents, who feeds their children. And, to this day, no one has given an answer to those questions. Jerks want to cut assistance programs, but have no idea as to what to do with those left doing without. That shows the obvious mentality of those that hate the poor.

Then I ask why not first stop the care and support of illegal immigrants, stop foreign aid to foreign governments, stop subsidies to rich farmers and big oil, stop excessive military spending, stop supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists, stop building mosques on foreign soil, and stop tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy. And they give no answer. They want to cut the throats of American citizens, but never say a word about illegal immigrants, foreign governments, or other waste of taxpayers' hard earned dollars. Go figure.
I just don't understand why anyone not in the 1% would vote republican. It is absolutely mind boggling to me. They really have no idea what they are voting for.

Just look around Billyboy.....

The fact that it happens and you can't understand it.....should tell you something.

Maybe you are not as clever as you think.

I don't like the right wing.

I like the left wing even less. You are a classic left winger. A moron.

83% of food stamps funding goes to households with at least 1 dependent living there. The average person on food stamps gets $133 per month and the average income of a household on food stamps is about $733 per MONTH. When we are talking about people on food stamps, we are talking about people who are dirt poor. The eligibility of this program, contrary to popular belief, is very narrow.

Now when you bring up the well being of children on food stamps, conservatives will say "well the mother should have kept her legs closed derp derp derp!"

While it can be agreed that the mother shouldn't have had kids she couldn't support it doesn't change the fact that kids exist now does it? What is this poverty stricken mother supposed to do with these kids? Give them to the state? Like it or not, these kids should still need to be supported right? They need nutritious food that is critical to their development. That is why the mother needs food stamps.

Seriously if you are so concerned about mothers avoiding having kids they can't afford, then maybe you should re think your views on abortion. Of course this problem will only get worse because of the defunding of Planned Parenthood. 97% of what the program does is provide reproductive support to women such as birth control. 3% goes to abortion, which is obviously a good alternative to raising kids you can't support.

Republicans only seek to destroy a program that not only helps kids, it helps veterans. They of course have no problem with providing subsidies and tax breaks to corporations. Why would anyone vote for these clowns?

Every time this subject comes up, and it comes up often, I always ask those against government assistance, to tell me what they'll do with the children, the elderly, the mentally ill, the handicapped, the Vets, and those unemployed, if they can't get food stamps. So far, no one has answered the question. Some say force them to get jobs. So, I ask where do they find jobs. Then I say that little children can't work, and if we cut off the parents, who feeds their children. And, to this day, no one has given an answer to those questions. Jerks want to cut assistance programs, but have no idea as to what to do with those left doing without. That shows the obvious mentality of those that hate the poor.

Then I ask why not first stop the care and support of illegal immigrants, stop foreign aid to foreign governments, stop subsidies to rich farmers and big oil, stop excessive military spending, stop supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists, stop building mosques on foreign soil, and stop tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy. And they give no answer. They want to cut the throats of American citizens, but never say a word about illegal immigrants, foreign governments, or other waste of taxpayers' hard earned dollars. Go figure.
I just don't understand why anyone not in the 1% would vote republican. It is absolutely mind boggling to me. They really have no idea what they are voting for.

The fact that it happens and you can't understand it.....should tell you something.

Lol the conservatives, on average, are stupid and misinformed about political issues. That is why they vote republican. How about you put it in your own words? Why should anyone vote republican? None of this "well they aren't democrats" shit. I want specific policy reasons for why people should vote republican.

Lol the conservatives, on average, are stupid and misinformed about political issues. That is why they vote republican. How about you put it in your own words? Why should anyone vote republican? None of this "well they aren't democrats" shit. I want specific policy reasons for why people should vote republican.

Who cares what you want or what you don't understand.

The world spins on it's axis at a measured angle of incline. That is reality. You don't like it...tough.

People vote republican...many are ignorant.

People vote democrat....many are ignorant.

Or are you going to tell me the black population really is an informed constituency ?

Nobody owes you anything.

What policy reasons......or don't you understand conservative perspectives.

What are you basing your understanding of conservatives on anyway ? The fact that a small percentage of them watch Fox News ?

The world spins on it's axis at a measured angle of incline. That is reality. You don't like it...tough.

Or are you going to tell me the black population really is an informed constituency ?

What are you basing your understanding of conservatives on anyway ? The fact that a small percentage of them watch Fox News ?
Apparently you care about what I understand. Why else would we be having this conversation? Democrats arent perfect, but they at least put forth polices that benefit the poor and middle class. Republicans do not do jack shit for the middle class or poor.

Apparently you care about what I understand. Why else would we be having this conversation? Democrats arent perfect, but they at least put forth polices that benefit the poor and middle class. Republicans do not do jack shit for the middle class or poor.

Only according to your metrics.

When you can convince the rest of the world to adopt your POV, then you'll get people to stop voting republican.

Good luck.

What I care about is that you are always going after republicans with stupid accusations. You assume guilty until proven otherwise.

And I really don't care if you stop breathing...much less what you understand.

I am simply pointing out that the situation should teach you that the problem might not be with republicans.

Only according to your metrics.

When you can convince the rest of the world to adopt your POV, then you'll get people to stop voting republican.

Good luck.

What I care about is that you are always going after republicans with stupid accusations. You assume guilty until proven otherwise.

And I really don't care if you stop breathing...much less what you understand.

I am simply pointing out that the situation should teach you that the problem might not be with republicans.
What is the problem with exactly?

Likely because most on the right are comprehensively ignorant as to what the SNAP program actually is, how it works, who is eligible, and how it helps low income working Americans.

No, more likely because all they hear about is fraud from those who use that as an excuse to attack programs they don't like.

The facts are not in those attacks.

They are not in your posts either.

You really are a pathetic waste of oxygen.

No, more likely because all they hear about is fraud from those who use that as an excuse to attack programs they don't like.

Im curious, what leftwing policies do you like?

The left wing can claim very few policies.....

They are more of an enforcement (attempted) arm of the extremists who think they know best.

Just as the right wing is little more than the sacrificial goats for corporate america.

There are policies I consider liberal that I find meaningful and worthwhile.

They are more of an enforcement (attempted) arm of the extremists who think they know best.

Just as the right wing is little more than the sacrificial goats for corporate america.

The leftwing has many poicies. Im curious what do you believe politically then? Claiming to be a centrist wouldn't make any sense if you dislike polices of both sides of the spectrum.

The leftwing has many poicies. Im curious what do you believe politically then? Claiming to be a centrist wouldn't make any sense if you dislike polices of both sides of the spectrum.

What I believe is that you keep posting things that attack republicans with no thought given to the shortcomings on the left.

Both suck.

And no, the left wing has very few policies if any.

liberal policies are things like healthcare and abortion. Enforcement and the stupidity of the way they get carried out is left wing.

We had and still have an insurance delivery issue.

Obamacare is awful.

What I believe is that you keep posting things that attack republicans with no thought given to the shortcomings on the left.

Both suck.

liberal policies are things like healthcare and abortion. Enforcement and the stupidity of the way they get carried out is left wing.

Obamacare is awful.
Right okay, I'm a terrible person. Now tell me what your political beliefs are.

Both suck.

Obamacare is awful.

I don't have many political beliefs.

What they are is my business.

Both suck.

Obamacare is awful.

They certainly are your business but this is a political forum. You are here for a reason. Just tell me.

Both suck.

Obamacare is awful.

They certainly are your business but this is a political forum. You are here for a reason. Just tell me.

You'll figure it out.

Have a nice night.

Forum List

Back