Why Is The KKK Currently Legal?

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
It's legal, since it's covered by freedom of speech laws. They can talk about how much they hate other people, ok, but when they make a decision to kill anyone as a punishment? What's then? They promote nothing but hatred. Is there any legislation currently in the works regarding this issue, that I may not be aware of? Thanks to all respondents!

It's legal, since it's covered by freedom of speech laws. They can talk about how much they hate other people, ok, but when they make a decision to kill anyone as a punishment? What's then? They promote nothing but hatred. Is there any legislation currently in the works regarding this issue, that I may not be aware of? Thanks to all respondents!

it was founded by the Democrat party. If the Republicans had founded it they wouldn't exist anymore

It's a person's right to be an ignorant bigot. At least in America. At least for now.

Freedom of Speech is not about words you like, it's about words you don't like.

Look at it this way: Freedom of Speech tells you, loud and clear, who the bigots are, what they are thinking, and (perhaps most importantly) who agrees with them. Personally, I think that's some pretty valuable information, and I certainly don't want to give it up just because I don't like someone's opinions.

"I may not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" means something pretty profound, if we're brave enough to live it.

Obviously, many are not.

Last edited:
The KKK hasn't promoted anything except for cleaning up a few freeways. It wasn't the KKK at voting stations with baseball bats, that was the black panthers.
Can you back that up with an image or article with an image? Only thing available seems to be photo's of two guys standing in front of a polling station. No baseball bats or actual witnesses actually talking about being intimidated.
That said, the KKK has every right to organize. Unless it can be proven they are an actual current terrorist group or being criminals of some sort, they should be left alone and allowed to express their views like anyone else.

it was founded by the Democrat party. If the Republicans had founded it they wouldn't exist anymore

and today its mainly right wingers, just like the GOP.

There isn't and there won't be. The first amendment would make any attempt unconstitutional.

Are you aware that A Democrat founding an organization is not quite the same as saying the Democratic Party founded an organization?

I think we need to start asking why is the NAACP still legal

Now they are acting just like terrorist in wanting to sand blast memorials off of mountain sides.

no better than Isis

Is this the Transformation you voted for when you voted for a so called, Black man for President?

on top of having Al Sharpton being Obama's right hand man

Nope. No legislation that I'm aware of. To do so you would also have to banish groups like...... NAACP, LA Raza, etc...... for the same reason.

They are legal b/c the Constitution grants every asshole the right to assembly and speech.

There isn't and there won't be. The first amendment would make any attempt unconstitutional.

Considering how the courts are ignoring the constitution, your faith in them is misplaced.

Considering how the courts are ignoring the constitution, your faith in them is misplaced.

I think they would get this case right if such nonsense passed and appeared before the court. They got it right in Snyder v. Phelps.

Last edited:

I think they would get this case right if such was ever nonsense passed and appeard before the court. They got it right in Snyder v. Phelps.

You have more faith than I do.

I think they would get this case right if such was ever nonsense passed and appeard before the court. They got it right in Snyder v. Phelps.

You have more faith than I do.

I do but nobody has more faith then George Michael. lol

Forum List

Back