Why is the Board?

It's doing it to me all the time now. Quite annoying.

Who wiped my last remember me? Why did it forget me? Would have taken input from someone to do it.

did you check the box when you signed in?..... that was the question :)

if you did not check the box... then you get dropped out automatically after a set time of inactivity.

Nope and that explains it, LOL. Thanks syrenn.

Except before today you HAD checked the box. Someone either ran a program to uncheck the box or used a tool for the site to do it. I am wondering why?

does it really matter?? :eusa_angel:

Matters to me. I have in the past joined boards where you got a weird password and couldn't change it. So when the board deleted all the remembers I had a hell of a time getting back on. There is no reason other then inconvenience for the users to delete the cookie.

It hasn't happened to me yet and I log in from a phone, windows tablet and computer. So far, the cookies are intact on all my logins and I"m not being logged out.

I'm using Chrome.

Are you all checking the box.... "remember me" when you sign in?

Nope and that explains it, LOL. Thanks syrenn.

I never check that box and have never been logged out. From what I can tell it'll do it automatically after like half an hour or so though if not active. If being logged out when ya shouldn't be I'd think it's something your computer's set to do automatically. If you allow auto-upgrades and be installed without your point-by-point prompting, I'd think it's that and something reset your cookies or script permissions.

"Remember Me" options means a cookie with your ID and password is being stored - not a good idea as it's just one more way malware and active hackers can get that info.

Forum List

Back