Why is the ADA the most violated law in US History ?

Alexandrine

Rookie
Jun 21, 2014
In yahoo Answers I asked this..

The Americans with Disabilities Act.
I am protected under it with the Diagnosis of Aspergers, though I am no longer on SSI because I did go and " well good for you, now you can work for yourself" hahahahaha
I did just that
:)
Why is the ADA the most violated law in US History ?

It is violated more often than Prohibition in the 1930s, More often violated than the War on Drugs, More often violated than the speed limit, and the laws against simple assault AND littering COMBINED.

It is also the weakest law ever written with so many loopholes, that there is effectively no ADA in the first place.

Why is this ?

Then I get the response...

This question makes no sense, nor do any of your comparative notions.
There's no law for the protection of stupid ideas, and your question is basically just that.

Without the ADA, you'd have no protection for your disability, so count your blessings - 100 years ago, you'd have been institutionalized and sterilized, 50 years ago, just ignored. The ADA isn't perfect, but it's enabled people with disabilities to get further ahead than without it. Instead of bitching randomly, work to make it stronger.

This is the facts about his response to my question...

100 years ago, Jackie Robinson was called a reggin spelled backwards everytime he played baseball too. lol

100 years ago they gave kids crack cocaine and called it soda lol

100 years ago they told people that Marlboro was a great source of vitamin A, B, C, D and E, and K lol

100 years ago they had little kids out of school wiping down the bar inside saloons

Also, his answer to my question is simply plain false to begin with.

In the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s there were loads of people with disabilities in the workplace, and people gave a shit about other people... why ? because the pace of life was slower than today, morals were had, and respect was shown.

The ADA has infact done more damage to the disabled, than anything else.

Can the ADA work ?

Sure it can.

But the loopholes need to be closed, and it needs to be strictly enforced, and the ambiguous language needs to be replaced with direct language to fit the American speaking culture.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back