why is terrorism a huge threat when numbers say no

ducks102

Feb 9, 2012
The chances of anyone dying from terrorist is extremely slim...they are better chances of getting killed in car accident, being hit by car or dying from drunk driver. Explain since number is being killed by terrorist how it's a very important issues.

Politics of fear .

Blame immigrants / foreigners . Then people ignore real issues (debt , for example )

Last edited:
The chances of anyone dying from terrorist is extremely slim...they are better chances of getting killed in car accident, being hit by car or dying from drunk driver. Explain since number is being killed by terrorist how it's a very important issues.

You are far more likely to be killed by someone who is not a terrorist. The terrorists shouldn't be able to scare us.

a car accident or other similar occurence is a single incident that effects a small number of people, generally without far reaching political and economic ramifications.

your examples are also more random type occurrences as opposed to an organized group that has stated it's desire to attack. Chrysler didn't declare war on the west nor it is organizing thousands of cars to run over pedestrians. Jack Daniels isn't trying to get it's drinkers to slaughter those that choose Jim Beam.

I'm not trying to be insulting or snarky, just to be clear, just drawing some comparisons in order to try to answer the question posed.

because it is murder-------not accidental homicide-----MURDER

Sure, chances are the 14 people who were murdered last week by terrorists for being infidels will find it interesting that they could have been struck down by something else with slim odds. My guess is they will nonetheless be for stopping terrorists from killing other people who are minding their own business and would otherwise not be dead if not for terrorists wanting them dead.

I doubt the victims in San Bernardino expected a co worker and friend to open fire on them either.

I also doubt the victims at Ft. Hood expected one of their own officer to open fire on them.

You and I would have no idea when a terrorist would strike.

Could be at a ball game, a restaurant or just down the street in your neighborhood. Who knows. Could happen at any time or anywhere or never.

Its up to you to decide how you want to view the terrorist threat. Or not.

Well if you are not scared, how many of the Syrian refugees do you plan to take into your home?

Forum List

Back