CDZ Why is racism ok if the target is white?

...again--main point is the Africans/blacks were so far behind whites BEFORE the exploitation/etc that it is hard to argue that the exploitation/slavery/oppression caused the problems with the blacks

Nonsense. Technological advancement does not make people better... we see that here every day when awful racists figure out how to use computers.

...is it possible that slavery/oppression/etc caused American black culture/education/etc to not advance? sure and probably did---but to what effect?? --
..what effect did the black culture/etc [ or lack of]

Uh, yeah, guy, 400 years of social and racial oppression will stunt your advancement... I'm glad you figured that out.

I don't think you are doing yourself any favors here, as you seem to conflate racism (a state of mind), institutional racism (organizational structures and aims reflecting the prevalent societal racism), and white privilege (a societal organization bequeathing benefits on the favored racial group). They may well be mutually reinforcing, and the end result sure is "to keep the other races in a subordinate position", but the same they sure are not.

Nice try, guy... but the fact is you can't really be racist without the institutional structure to back it up.

...again--main point is the Africans/blacks were so far behind whites BEFORE the exploitation/etc that it is hard to argue that the exploitation/slavery/oppression caused the problems with the blacks

Nonsense. Technological advancement does not make people better... we see that here every day when awful racists figure out how to use computers.

...is it possible that slavery/oppression/etc caused American black culture/education/etc to not advance? sure and probably did---but to what effect?? --
..what effect did the black culture/etc [ or lack of]

Uh, yeah, guy, 400 years of social and racial oppression will stunt your advancement... I'm glad you figured that out.

I don't think you are doing yourself any favors here, as you seem to conflate racism (a state of mind), institutional racism (organizational structures and aims reflecting the prevalent societal racism), and white privilege (a societal organization bequeathing benefits on the favored racial group). They may well be mutually reinforcing, and the end result sure is "to keep the other races in a subordinate position", but the same they sure are not.

Nice try, guy... but the fact is you can't really be racist without the institutional structure to back it up.
technological advancement advances the culture
...advanced technological farming methods = increased food supply = increase time for education/brain devolopment
....advanced ship building [ written language greatly helps ] advances the people
...we see the Native Americans/native South Americans/Africans conquered by advanced technology
..we see Africa is a shithole--STILL
''racist figure how to use computers''' ???!!!! hahahahahahahahahah--ridiculous

Being incapable of acting on one's racism isn't the same as not being a racist.

Just a few observations...

Whoever thought it impossible, patently out of the question, that Whites, and White males in particular, are the whiniest crybabies on this planet... this thread should disabuse them of this notion.

Whites, and White males in particular, to this very day pretty much monopolize the wealth, and the positions of real power, in the U.S. (one past President of color doesn't really make much of a difference).

With the above in mind, one has to marvel with incredulity at egocentric, infantile assertions like, "I am White and poor, hence White Privilege doesn't exist!"

Of course, Black / White isn't the only fault line in U.S. society, there's also male / female, and rich / poor, and these intersect.

"Keeping 'em down after they've seen Paree" runs down the societal power differential, to cumulated effect upon those on the lower and lowest ranks.

Now, there we have a young woman of color mirroring back some of the racist / misogynist abuse she's been taking over the years, and the best defense our crybabies can work up is, "But, but, she didn't utter it in direct response to a specific assault on her!" Because none of the crybabies is even capable or willing to understand how, over the years, memories of abuse piled upon racist abuse accumulate, which pretty much describes minorities' lives.

What it all boils down to is the following: Whoever hasn't stood up every day to the most prevalent, the most long-standing forms of racism, racism acting in collusion with the existing power structure to keep 'em down, should the heck shut up about that tiny amount of that mirrored back at them, much as their fee-fees might be hurting.

There is no such thing as white privilege.

Either racism is ok or it is not.

Yes many care including you or you would not be defending a racist.

If you don't think there's white privilege in this society, then you are deluded and there's really no point talking to you.

There is no such thing as a white name or non white name.

Again, your denial is deluded. Jamal Washington is a name where you assume the guy is black. Greg Norton is a white name. Greg gets more call backs to his resume than Jamal, even if they have the same education and experience.

Done wasting my time on you.

What you mean is that there is no evidence of white privilege and you are not capable of proving that there is.

It is not self evident and all you are capable of is sceeching that it is real.

There is no evidence of such discrimination in call backs.

Well hate to burst your bubble but it is still going on today.

ap_16233004136169-1600x900-jpg.209529

At least he still has his white privilege

actually, that fellow looks Hispanic... but again, you are deluded. Oh, the other guy is black.. but I guess he is better off because he has a wheelchair.
No I am correct not deluded you simply lack the maturity or intellect to form a reasoned opinion.

He is white.

..if you want to argue that racial oppression has caused the black culture to be dysfunctional/self destructive, please do
...is it possible--sure
but then why is Africa a shithole?

You mean other than Europeans exploiting it for hundreds of years?

Bull. Racism has literally nothing to do with power and never will. This recent attempt to redefine racism and what it means is actually a good example of the OP.

Here we have a movement that essentially wants to define racism as white - a clear example of trying to justify racism against whites as inconsequential.

Well, no, racism has everything to do with power. Racism is the ability of one race to keep the other races in a subordinate position. In short, it's not just disliking people for the color of their skin, it's being able to deny them jobs, equal protection under the law, portrayals in popular culture, and so on.
No, it simply does not. The word is CLEARLY DEFINED.
the definition of racism

I am sorry that you simply do not like the definition but that does not allow you to simply change it to suit your political radicalism. Interestingly enough:

According to you this guy is not a racist. Calling for killing cracker babies (that's right babies) as well as the genocide of white people apparently is not racism in your book. The guy in the video agrees with you too. You are in good company.

SPLC, of course, utterly disagrees with you. New Black Panther Party

Racism has many faces and many colors.
Case in point, when was the last time you saw an Asian Actor in a film who was the hero, other than a martial arts movie? When was the last time you saw a movie or TV show where an Asian actress was romantic lead?

Oh, wait. I can think of an example, that Asian chick in the last Star Wars movie, who was subjected to so much white trolling that she had to get off of social media. (wasn't her fault it was an awful movie.)
So now racism = racial tropes? Not if they are of white people though. That cant be racist.

You are only seeing what you want to see anyway. Lucy Lu anyone?
White privilege is yet another example of the OP. That is an example of assigning something to an entire race of people without any tieback to individuals. You and others have already declared that you simply have it better by being white - something that you are utterly unable to establish without any information from each of those people.

Of course I have it better by being white! Heck, my Grandparents got off the boat only about 90 years ago, and while they encountered some discrimination. (Wasn't a great thing being German-American between the world wars), my Dad married an American woman in the 1950's, got a good paying union job and raised a family of successful middle class folks.

A black guy tried to do that, he's have probably gotten lynched in the 1950's when he even thought about marrying a white woman.
So you have established there was white privilege in the 1950's.

Good on you. Not sure if anyone would disagree there. Psst - it is not 1950.
You can speak in generalities but that is not what the white privilege warriors are doing - they are demanding that all whites somehow share in this elusive privilege.

I'm not sure how they are "Demanding" anything, other than acknowledging a reality. You get to access more privileges by being white than you do being a member of other racial groups.

The real problem, of course, is that in their 40 year war against the working class, a lot of that white privilege has eroded. You can't get that good union job out of High School anymore. You have to go to college, incur a lot of debt, and hope you land something good when you are done. And when some college tries to equal the playing field through affirmative action, man, there is some resentment going on.
It is not a reality - that is the point.

...advanced technological farming methods = increased food supply = increase time for education/brain devolopment
....advanced ship building [ written language greatly helps ] advances the people
...we see the Native Americans/native South Americans/Africans conquered by advanced technology

It that were true, than Nazi Germany was the most advanced culture in history... Since they had the technology to conquer and exterminate 'inferior" cultures.

I've established that privilege never really goes away. I'm still benefiting from the privilege my dad had in the 1950's before I was born.

So now racism = racial tropes? Not if they are of white people though. That cant be racist.

Lucy Liu (please spell the woman's name right) has hardly had a stellar career, has she? She's mostly done crap. Heck, I didn't even realize the woman could actually ACT until she got a role on Elementary. Give her some good dialog and an interesting character, and she can go to town. Why she had to wait until she was pushing fifty to get there is the real mystery. Before that she was doing crap like "Ecks vs. Sever", or "Rise" (a vampire movie with about ten alternate titles).

According to you this guy is not a racist. Calling for killing cracker babies (that's right babies) as well as the genocide of white people apparently is not racism in your book. The guy in the video agrees with you too. You are in good company.

Since he hasn't got the ability to act on his hate, then, um, no, he isn't racist. He guns down some white folks, and he goes to jail. A white cop guns down an unarmed black kid in the middle of the street and a whole system goes up to protect him.

What you mean is that there is no evidence of white privilege and you are not capable of proving that there is.

Um, yeah, actually, there is... The study was pretty thorough.

Emily and Greg got 50% more callbacks than Jamal and Lakisha.

Even though they had the same education, experience and background.

Now, this was in 2005, before LinkedIn, and you could find out what people looked like, and if they were a real person, so it would probably be difficult to reproduce this study today.

It that were true, than Nazi Germany was the most advanced culture in history... Since they had the technology to conquer and exterminate 'inferior" cultures.
the Germans were/are very disciplined/industrious/organized/etc
they exterminated very efficiently
1. many countries have committed genocide through history
Rwanda for one--AND more hutus directly committed the murders per capita [ with MEDIEVAL weapons ] than Germans in their genocide because more tutsis were murdered per time period
6 million 1939-1945 for Germany
500,000 to 1,000,000 in 3 months !!!!
yes the Germans were more advanced ANY way you look at it
2. at least they can FEED themselves--some African countries still can't --in the year 2018
world-starvation-map.jpg

I've established that privilege never really goes away. I'm still benefiting from the privilege my dad had in the 1950's before I was born.
Well, that is pretty convenient. You do not need facts, privilege is permanent. Well then, I have no idea why you are discussing it then - if it is simply a fact and never ends then there really is no point.

You have established no such thing. What you have established is that you simply declare it so because you position requires it.

Lucy Liu (please spell the woman's name right) has hardly had a stellar career, has she? She's mostly done crap. Heck, I didn't even realize the woman could actually ACT until she got a role on Elementary. Give her some good dialog and an interesting character, and she can go to town. Why she had to wait until she was pushing fifty to get there is the real mystery. Before that she was doing crap like "Ecks vs. Sever", or "Rise" (a vampire movie with about ten alternate titles).
More seeing only what you want to see. She is massively successful. Make a statement. Statement turns out to be bullshit. Justify it with your off base opinion.

Since he hasn't got the ability to act on his hate, then, um, no, he isn't racist. He guns down some white folks, and he goes to jail. A white cop guns down an unarmed black kid in the middle of the street and a whole system goes up to protect him.
I notice that you ignored the actual definition of racism because it destroys your argument entirely. You do not get to redefine well established terms to fit your silly perceptions.

I will point out once again, you are in the company of visceral hate groups like the New Black Panther Party but reject such people as the SPLC.

Um, yeah, actually, there is... The study was pretty thorough.

Emily and Greg got 50% more callbacks than Jamal and Lakisha.

Even though they had the same education, experience and background.

Now, this was in 2005, before LinkedIn, and you could find out what people looked like, and if they were a real person, so it would probably be difficult to reproduce this study today.
It was not thorough it was hypothetical.

Well, that is pretty convenient. You do not need facts, privilege is permanent. Well then, I have no idea why you are discussing it then - if it is simply a fact and never ends then there really is no point.

You have established no such thing. What you have established is that you simply declare it so because you position requires it.

Naw man, I had White Privilege pretty much since I was born.

I still have it now.

Cops don't pull me over "just because". I'm more likely to get a callback when I send out a resume. Storekeepers don't keep an eye on me in their store.

Like I went into a convenience store wearing a hat (I wear an wide brim hat to hide that i'm balding) and the owner said, "That's not for you, sir" when I saw a sign saying "No Hats" and took it off.

More seeing only what you want to see. She is massively successful. Make a statement. Statement turns out to be bullshit. Justify it with your off base opinion.

She's doing Network TV when she used to be a "big" movie star... after escaping Direct to DVD hell..

I notice that you ignored the actual definition of racism because it destroys your argument entirely. You do not get to redefine well established terms to fit your silly perceptions.

Again- since that NBP Party guy can't act on his feelings, he's not racist. The system doesn't support it.

I will point out once again, you are in the company of visceral hate groups like the New Black Panther Party but reject such people as the SPLC.

Well, you can say stupid things like that. The NBPP has about 10 members, it's really not a big deal.

Now when they actually kill someone, I'll be all for throwing them in the clink.

Unlike the hundreds of people who've been killed by white hate groups and individuals.

She's doing Network TV when she used to be a "big" movie star... after escaping Direct to DVD hell..

Again- since that NBP Party guy can't act on his feelings, he's not racist. The system doesn't support it.

Well, you can say stupid things like that. The NBPP has about 10 members, it's really not a big deal.

Now when they actually kill someone, I'll be all for throwing them in the clink.

Unlike the hundreds of people who've been killed by white hate groups and individuals.
And no points yet again.

Yes, we should all agree with your position even if you have been unable to actually address a single point.

That is exactly what I expected from you though. There really was never a reason to even post a point. All that is necessary is the definition of the word. Again, right here:
racism | Definition of racism in English by Oxford Dictionaries
or:
racism - Dictionary Definition
or
the definition of racism

or really anywhere except extremist racists that are trying to justify their racism by stating it simply is impossible. I could go on but I think that i have spent more than enough time showing how hilariously asinine your statements are. Anything else is just grandstanding.

Okay, I realize that your white privilege was hurt by the scary Asian Lady... but no one cares.
No surprise that Joe Blow is here trying to convince everybody that his viewpoints are so far superior than everybody else's ideas. Your pattern Joe is to sound so incredibly hip and wise, but instead you come off as arrogant and pedantic. You are not convincing people here that "white privilege" is even relevant in todays modern world. That kind of privilege does exist, but not in the magnitude you are paranoid about. Discrimination in job hiring can be reported to the government and everyone knows there is a procedure for that. As for "white names"...sometimes, sometimes not. The most grotesque mistake you make over and over on the boards is that anyone you disagree with is of some imaginary "whiteness" and not a complex person in many ways ("your white privilege was hurt"- "no one cares") and you do not even know anything more than the type on the computer screen. What if the person was a mixed race or whatever. There is no such thing as "white" as even Caucasians are of different cultures. In the immigration threads you lack knowledge of law and you ramble on and on about your elusive ideas about "white" people. You strive to wear people out with your frantic argumentative patterns.

Last edited:
The only way I care about racism against whites is if I can make money selling t shirts about it.

“Why is racism ok if the target is white?”

It isn’t.

And no one said it is.

The notion that racism is ever ‘OK’ is just another ridiculous rightwing lie.

Thursday on CNN’s “Cuomo Primetime,” comedian D.L. Hughley said “white men” did not get to decide what racism was during a discussion of the state of race relations in the era of President Donald Trump.

D.L. Hughley: 'White Men Don’t Get to Decide What Racism Is’ | Breitbart

---------------------

This is the prefect example of how retards lead their own weak minded sheep into the " race trap" .

When losers begin to realize pointing out race in everything and anything actually makes the accuser racist because anyone racist , it seems they are the loons who point it out in every situation.
HOW MANY OF THESE MORONS DO YOU THINK WOULD SAY IN A DEATH SITUATION 'OH DON'T HELP ME BECAUSE YOU ARE WHITE!! Bet they won't do that now will they. .............

Considering the mountain of anti white garbage this particular negro supremacist has said... holy shit!
Thank you for the laugh monkey boy.

Last edited:
No surprise that Joe Blow is here trying to convince everybody that his viewpoints are so far superior than everybody else's ideas. Your pattern Joe is to sound so incredibly hip and wise, but instead you come off as arrogant and pedantic. You are not convincing people here that "white privilege" is even relevant in todays modern world.

As Upton Sinclair observed, it's hard to get someone to understand a problem when his livelihood depends on him not understanding it.

That kind of privilege does exist, but not in the magnitude you are paranoid about. Discrimination in job hiring can be reported to the government and everyone knows there is a procedure for that.

Okay... and that works how in the situation I described? "I sent a resume to EvilCo and they didn't answer me back!" How do you make that case. Now, you WOULD have a case if you interviewed for the job, you were clearly more qualified and they hired the white guy instead. But at the Resume end of it.... not so much.

As for "white names"...sometimes, sometimes not. The most grotesque mistake you make over and over on the boards is that anyone you disagree with is of some imaginary "whiteness" and not a complex person in many ways ("your white privilege was hurt"- "no one cares") and you do not even know anything more than the type on the computer screen. What if the person was a mixed race or whatever.

Irrelevant to the point I was making. Heck, Obama was of mixed race and he still drove you guys crazy.

And frankly most Right Wingers aren't terribly complex.

The wealthy have gotten very good at taking more and more from you, and getting you to blame people of color for it. They've been doing this since Nixon and you STILL haven't caught on.

Forum List

Back