Why is "People of color" okay, but not "colored people"?

Because the terms have entirely different connotations. One of those terms has a lot of baggage associated with it, the other does not.

This isn't complicated.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Because the terms have entirely different connotations. One of those terms has a lot of baggage associated with it, the other does not.

This isn't complicated.
The only baggage is in the racist mind of the left. It's another example of thought control by big brother. The term "people of color" is just a racist term. The color of people shouldn't even be used in conversation. How about treating everyone the same?

This isn't complicated.
The only baggage is in the racist mind of the left. It's another example of thought control by big brother. The term "people of color" is just a racist term. The color of people shouldn't even be used in conversation. How about treating everyone the same?

you should get yourself cleaned; you're obviously clogged with bullshit.

This isn't complicated.
The only baggage is in the racist mind of the left. It's another example of thought control by big brother.

:lol:

For a hundred years, the term "colored" was to delineate "separate but equal" water fountains and swimming pools.

8309562.jpg

• Thanks

This isn't complicated.
The only baggage is in the racist mind of the left. It's another example of thought control by big brother.

For a hundred years, the term "colored" was to delineate "separate but equal" water fountains and swimming pools.

8309562.jpg
I understand that. I saw it as a kid in New Orleans. However, I'm pointing out that nothing has really changed since it is the left that keeps the racism alive by using "people of color". White is a color. How come white people aren't included in the term?

This isn't complicated.

8309562.jpg
I understand that. I saw it as a kid in New Orleans. However, I'm pointing out that nothing has really changed since it is the left that keeps the racism alive by using "people of color". White is a color. How come white people aren't included in the term?

I know that you guys want to ignore reality as much as possible, but how does the term people of color "keep racism alive"?

Pretending to ignore race won't end racism.

• Thanks
what is the connotation of PERSON OF COLOR?
I am happy to have learned that anyone of any
hue can DESIGNATE himself a "PERSON OF COLOR"
In the summer----if a venture into SUNSHINE----I still,
in my old age-----develope POLKA DOTS ---especially
on my face-----brown in hue. I am a PERSON OF COLOR.
I also have a tendency to BLUSH----various shades of
bright pink. ------A PERSON OF COLOR

white is the absence of color, just as your posts are the absence of intelligence

There was already a thread on this, but it got shut down.

Blacks demand DNC member resign for using phrase "colored people"

This isn't complicated.

8309562.jpg

I know that you guys want to ignore reality as much as possible, but how does the term people of color "keep racism alive"?

Yes, ignoring skin color will end racism. Treat everyone the same. Preach that instead of making victims.

white is the absence of color, just as your posts are the absence of intelligence
Go to hell, troll.

Go to hell, troll.

okay, whitey

This isn't complicated.

8309562.jpg

Yes, ignoring skin color will end racism. Treat everyone the same. Preach that instead of making victims.

If history didn't exist, and we started with a tabula rasa, then perhaps ignoring race would solve all the problems of racism.

But we don't live in the magical world you seem to think we live in.

This isn't complicated.
Yup, you definitely filter bull shit, it's pretty much all that makes it through your filter. :thup:

“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs – partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”
Booker T. Washington

8309562.jpg

If history didn't exist, and we started with a tabula rasa, then perhaps ignoring race would solve all the problems of racism.

But we don't live in the magical world you seem to think we live in.
That's because too many people refuse to let race go. Ignoring race would work if people would simply do that. If it doesn't work, it's because people are not ignoring race...the logic is simplistic.

Forum List

Back