Why Is Mitt Romney So Incredibly Weird?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIDPtL5qT9A&feature=player_detailpage]Hitler FInds Out Romney Strapped His Dog to the Car Roof - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CUgdUFzPZ8&feature=player_detailpage]Mitt Romney Killed his Other Dog - YouTube[/ame]

Is the new norm "I'm weird because I didn't eat my dog"?

Is this what we have come to with the left?

images

Wow, talking about something he did when he was 10...do you really think this will get you very far? Please keep it up.

I think the Obama dog humor is funny. However, it's hard to compare a child being fed dog meat in an Asian country to an adult transporting his pet on the roof of his car in the United States.

This diversion only gives Obama more votes and Romney less votes. I hope the wingnuts keep it up.

omg...what division you talking about, the one where a Democrat official tell Romney's wife because she didn't work she doesn't understand women's issues, or this thread saying Mitt Romney is weird...:lol:

Last edited:
The speech romney gave was excellent. He hit the nail on the head about several issues. I was impressed by this speech he gave.

Salon / By Alex Pareene

Everything you need to know about Willard Mitt Romney. An excerpt from Salon's new e-book, "The Rude Guide to Mitt"

The following is an excerpt from Alex Pareene’s new e-book for Salon, “The Rude Guide to Mitt.” It can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and the Sony Reader Store.

Mitt Romney is weird. When the Obama reelection campaign early in the cycle made the mistake of indicating that its strategy would be to imply that Mitt Romney is weird by repeatedly telling Politico that it planned on calling Mitt Romney weird, Romney’s camp countered by causing a brief and not particularly sincere media brouhaha over whether “weird” is code for “Mormon.” Plenty of Americans think Mormons are weird, yes, but in this case, the simple fact is Mitt Romney is weird, entirely apart from his religion.

He seems incapable of natural conversation and frequently uncomfortable in his own skin. He’s simultaneously dorkily earnest and ingratiatingly insincere. He suggests a brilliantly designed politician android with an operating system still clearly in beta. He once tied a dog to the roof of his car and drove for hundreds of miles without stopping and some years later thought that was an endearing story. All video of him attempting to interact with normal humans is cringe-inducing, as a cursory YouTube search quickly demonstrates. (Martin Luther King Day, Jacksonville, Fla., 2008: Mitt poses for a picture with some cheerful young parade attendees. As he squeezes in to the otherwise all-black group, he says, apropros of nothing, “Who let the dogs out? Woof, woof!”) He seems to have been told that “small talk” is mostly made up of cheerfully delivered non sequiturs.
Much More: Why Is Mitt Romney So Incredibly Weird? | Tea Party and the Right | AlterNet

Weird compared to who?

My thoughts as well.

Weird compared to who??

Salon / By Alex Pareene

Everything you need to know about Willard Mitt Romney. An excerpt from Salon's new e-book, "The Rude Guide to Mitt"

The following is an excerpt from Alex Pareene’s new e-book for Salon, “The Rude Guide to Mitt.” It can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and the Sony Reader Store.

Mitt Romney is weird. When the Obama reelection campaign early in the cycle made the mistake of indicating that its strategy would be to imply that Mitt Romney is weird by repeatedly telling Politico that it planned on calling Mitt Romney weird, Romney’s camp countered by causing a brief and not particularly sincere media brouhaha over whether “weird” is code for “Mormon.” Plenty of Americans think Mormons are weird, yes, but in this case, the simple fact is Mitt Romney is weird, entirely apart from his religion.

He seems incapable of natural conversation and frequently uncomfortable in his own skin. He’s simultaneously dorkily earnest and ingratiatingly insincere. He suggests a brilliantly designed politician android with an operating system still clearly in beta. He once tied a dog to the roof of his car and drove for hundreds of miles without stopping and some years later thought that was an endearing story. All video of him attempting to interact with normal humans is cringe-inducing, as a cursory YouTube search quickly demonstrates. (Martin Luther King Day, Jacksonville, Fla., 2008: Mitt poses for a picture with some cheerful young parade attendees. As he squeezes in to the otherwise all-black group, he says, apropros of nothing, “Who let the dogs out? Woof, woof!”) He seems to have been told that “small talk” is mostly made up of cheerfully delivered non sequiturs.

Much More: Why Is Mitt Romney So Incredibly Weird? | Tea Party and the Right | AlterNet

The piece pretty much lends words to what I think most feel; there is an obtuse quantity about Romney that probably translated into it taking so long for the GOP to nominate him. They haven't warmed up to him yet. They may rally around him after the convention because there is nothing left to rally around and the battle is joined at that point.

But it is a odd choice for the hyper partisan times that the party of "no compromise" elects a prolific, legendary, and iconic practitioner of the Flip Flop.

Alternet? And you expect people to take you seriously? Oh well, we each march to our own drum.

Just an idea... try investigating an individual for yourself instead of relying on the media to tell you who they are. I find that very useful personally.

The piece pretty much lends words to what I think most feel; there is an obtuse quantity about Romney that probably translated into it taking so long for the GOP to nominate him. They haven't warmed up to him yet. They may rally around him after the convention because there is nothing left to rally around and the battle is joined at that point.

But it is a odd choice for the hyper partisan times that the party of "no compromise" elects a prolific, legendary, and iconic practitioner of the Flip Flop.

Alternet? And you expect people to take you seriously? Oh well, we each march to our own drum.

Just an idea... try investigating an individual for yourself instead of relying on the media to tell you who they are. I find that very useful personally.

Coming from the group that thinks the President is a Muslim and Kenyan; that is sooooooo very rich.

Mitt is like the republican version of Gore....Wooden, Robotic, raised by super wealth families, born to be politicians. Its like they are fulfilling a little kids dream of being an astronaut or president. Everything that comes from that guys mouth is rehearsed. And when it isn't it gets him into trouble....."corporations are people my friend"...... when he said that, it was so sincere.

Not to mention "I like to be able to fire people" and "I can't have illegals, I'm running for office for Pete's Sake."

It's when he goes off script we see the real guy, and it ain't pretty.

Mitt is like the republican version of Gore....Wooden, Robotic, raised by super wealth families, born to be politicians. Its like they are fulfilling a little kids dream of being an astronaut or president. Everything that comes from that guys mouth is rehearsed. And when it isn't it gets him into trouble....."corporations are people my friend"...... when he said that, it was so sincere.

Not to mention "I like to be able to fire people" and "I can't have illegals, I'm running for office for Pete's Sake."

Yeeeah maybe some day JoeBlow will go off script...........?
36_1_50%5B1%5D.gif

good grief, you can't be serious..he can't have "illegals" .. you people are part of the destruction of this country not caring if someone is illegal in this country stealing jobs and resources from the citizens..

good grief, you can't be serious..he can't have "illegals" .. you people are part of the destruction of this country not caring if someone is illegal in this country stealing jobs and resources from the citizens..

I'm actually indifferent to illegals themselves. Most of the jobs they do are jobs you or I would never lower ourselves to do, and you know it.

My point was that Romney was a typical rich guy whose only concern about illegals being on his property doing crappy work no white person would do is that it would make him look bad when he was running for office.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNiW9BDMWk0]The Best of Mitt Romney's New Hamshire Speech - YouTube[/ame]

You want weird? Eating dogs is weird.

Weird is interfering in other peoples' bedrooms and romances. That is not conservative, that is authoritarian behavior, Snipper.

Snippy is the definition of neo-con, patriot act loving, corporations are people, fox talking point, scared, xenophobic, militant. Did i miss anything?

Snipper missed an apology to folks who don't need right wing wacks in their bedroom.

Is the new norm "I'm weird because I didn't eat my dog"?

Is this what we have come to with the left?

images

Wow, talking about something he did when he was 10...do you really think this will get you very far? Please keep it up.
SNIP Axelrod started all of this. It blew up in his face. On the bright side we can now maybe address the true abuses of animals in Asia.

To the far right, you make sense. The independents and moderates we need to elect Romney think you are the weird ones, the wing nuts, tinydancer. Your post merely reinforces your, by extension, Mitt's weirdness.

You are hurting Mitt's campaign with voters we need.

Forum List

Back