Why Is Mitt Romney So Incredibly Weird?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Salon / By Alex Pareene

Everything you need to know about Willard Mitt Romney. An excerpt from Salon's new e-book, "The Rude Guide to Mitt"

The following is an excerpt from Alex Pareene’s new e-book for Salon, “The Rude Guide to Mitt.” It can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and the Sony Reader Store.

Mitt Romney is weird. When the Obama reelection campaign early in the cycle made the mistake of indicating that its strategy would be to imply that Mitt Romney is weird by repeatedly telling Politico that it planned on calling Mitt Romney weird, Romney’s camp countered by causing a brief and not particularly sincere media brouhaha over whether “weird” is code for “Mormon.” Plenty of Americans think Mormons are weird, yes, but in this case, the simple fact is Mitt Romney is weird, entirely apart from his religion.

He seems incapable of natural conversation and frequently uncomfortable in his own skin. He’s simultaneously dorkily earnest and ingratiatingly insincere. He suggests a brilliantly designed politician android with an operating system still clearly in beta. He once tied a dog to the roof of his car and drove for hundreds of miles without stopping and some years later thought that was an endearing story. All video of him attempting to interact with normal humans is cringe-inducing, as a cursory YouTube search quickly demonstrates. (Martin Luther King Day, Jacksonville, Fla., 2008: Mitt poses for a picture with some cheerful young parade attendees. As he squeezes in to the otherwise all-black group, he says, apropros of nothing, “Who let the dogs out? Woof, woof!”) He seems to have been told that “small talk” is mostly made up of cheerfully delivered non sequiturs.

Much More: Why Is Mitt Romney So Incredibly Weird? | Tea Party and the Right | AlterNet

Yep, so have bunch of folks on this board. Dimbulb point, that's why Snipper used it.

Better to the point: Romney got $$$. So did Kerry. So did Kennedy. So did FDR.

Let's move on libs, and take Snipper with you.

LOL, the rude guide to Mitt Romney...

OH, and the author thinks Romney is weird and dorky....I guess they need to sell books that the Democrat base can read.

Last edited:
You want weird?

Eating dogs is weird.

obama-dog.jpg

Salon / By Alex Pareene

Everything you need to know about Willard Mitt Romney. An excerpt from Salon's new e-book, "The Rude Guide to Mitt"

The following is an excerpt from Alex Pareene’s new e-book for Salon, “The Rude Guide to Mitt.” It can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and the Sony Reader Store.

Mitt Romney is weird. When the Obama reelection campaign early in the cycle made the mistake of indicating that its strategy would be to imply that Mitt Romney is weird by repeatedly telling Politico that it planned on calling Mitt Romney weird, Romney’s camp countered by causing a brief and not particularly sincere media brouhaha over whether “weird” is code for “Mormon.” Plenty of Americans think Mormons are weird, yes, but in this case, the simple fact is Mitt Romney is weird, entirely apart from his religion.

He seems incapable of natural conversation and frequently uncomfortable in his own skin. He’s simultaneously dorkily earnest and ingratiatingly insincere. He suggests a brilliantly designed politician android with an operating system still clearly in beta. He once tied a dog to the roof of his car and drove for hundreds of miles without stopping and some years later thought that was an endearing story. All video of him attempting to interact with normal humans is cringe-inducing, as a cursory YouTube search quickly demonstrates. (Martin Luther King Day, Jacksonville, Fla., 2008: Mitt poses for a picture with some cheerful young parade attendees. As he squeezes in to the otherwise all-black group, he says, apropros of nothing, “Who let the dogs out? Woof, woof!”) He seems to have been told that “small talk” is mostly made up of cheerfully delivered non sequiturs.

Much More: Why Is Mitt Romney So Incredibly Weird? | Tea Party and the Right | AlterNet

The piece pretty much lends words to what I think most feel; there is an obtuse quantity about Romney that probably translated into it taking so long for the GOP to nominate him. They haven't warmed up to him yet. They may rally around him after the convention because there is nothing left to rally around and the battle is joined at that point.

But it is a odd choice for the hyper partisan times that the party of "no compromise" elects a prolific, legendary, and iconic practitioner of the Flip Flop.

Mitt is like the republican version of Gore....Wooden, Robotic, raised by super wealth families, born to be politicians. Its like they are fulfilling a little kids dream of being an astronaut or president. Everything that comes from that guys mouth is rehearsed. And when it isn't it gets him into trouble....."corporations are people my friend"...... when he said that, it was so sincere.

Last edited:
Mitt is like the republican version of Gore....Wooden, Robotic, raised by super wealth families, born to be politicians. Its like they are fulfilling a little kids dream of being an astronaut or president. Everything that comes from that guys mouth is rehearsed. And when it isn't it gets him into trouble....."corporations are people my friend" when he said that it was so sincere.

I agree, but Gore had a human heart.

Did you hear that Obama actually eats ..... dogs?

Yes, I did. I also heard it was a lie.

Obama said he did. You calling him a liar? He described the meat as "tough".

I can't hold it against him that he ate what his stepfather gave him to eat. But the way he described it later ... yeah ... he held that door wide open.

Last edited:
Mitt is like the republican version of Gore....Wooden, Robotic, raised by super wealth families, born to be politicians. Its like they are fulfilling a little kids dream of being an astronaut or president. Everything that comes from that guys mouth is rehearsed. And when it isn't it gets him into trouble....."corporations are people my friend" when he said that it was so sincere.

I agree, but Gore had a human heart.

you think so huh..
good gawd you and your love for politicians..but of course they can only be a Democrat.

Last edited:
He's not weird; that's just the next lib/dem code-word/talking point.

To me, Romney is very reminiscent of the Corporate CEOs that ran the divisions I worked at back in the sixties. They were noble, serious, dedicated, honest, extremely competent managers and people. They were also very democratic in that they recognized by face and spoke to all the people who worked in their factory divisions. He fits the pattern to a "T" and I for one find it reassuring regarding his capacity to perform.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back